Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: C'mon RANGERS!  (Read 10053 times)
dell boy

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:42:13 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "dell boy"
2 legged cup ties are exactly same as league though as you go away trying to stay tight and you try to win home games.  I would say Cardiffs situation is massively different as they were just playing 1 game per round.

This could go on and on ... we disagree ... I think Scottish club sides are very average, you do not.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs and both are in the top 6 in Britain for support, but we are talking about football standards, when you are playing the likes of Gretna, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc there really isn't any competition, in the end the title will always be between Rangers and Celtic, great for their supporters, bad news for the standard of football in Scotland.

My final comment on this as you said it could go on and on.  But if your final comment is true then surely Man U or Chelsea being the only teams to win premiership in recent years means great for their supporters, bad news for the stand of football in England.

Arsenal!!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:45:03 »

2 legged cup ties are exactly same as league though as you go away trying to stay tight and you try to win home games.  I would say Cardiffs situation is massively different as they were just playing 1 game per round.

This could go on and on ... we disagree ... I think Scottish club sides are very average, you do not.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs and both are in the top 6 in Britain for support, but we are talking about football standards, when you are playing the likes of Gretna, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc there really isn't any competition, in the end the title will always be between Rangers and Celtic, great for their supporters, bad news for the standard of football in Scotland.

My final comment on this as you said it could go on and on.  But if your final comment is true then surely Man U or Chelsea being the only teams to win premiership in recent years means great for their supporters, bad news for the stand of football in England.

Arsenal!!
What did they win?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
dell boy

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:08:17 »

Arsenal have won the title twice since the turn of the century, not bad two Premierships in eight seasons.
If my memory serves me correctly Aberdeen were the last side to win the Scottish title around 1984, since then it has only been won by Celtic or Rangers.
Even Liverpool have won the title three times since 1984.

Now have a nice day, I promise to shut up now. Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:18:25 »

But Queen of the South (from the tiny town of Dumfries) will win the Scottish Cup next Saturday!!!
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:26:45 »

Quote from: "janaage"
But Queen of the South (from the tiny town of Dumfries) will win the Scottish Cup next Saturday!!!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:29:49 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "janaage"

I really hope they do fella, that'd be immense!!!!

Can't believe you lot have Aberdeen away on the last day too, they'll be trouble that day, not much love lost between the hun and the sheep shaggers!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:00:00 »

Would Queen of the South get into Europe regardless?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:10:04 »

Have to admit i didn't watch this last night because Rangers are so fucking dull to watch in Europe[and The apprentice was on AND i've been forced to watch ancient Rangers videos all week ].

Pleased they lost as the they play football in Europe shouldn't win them anything in my view.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:12:25 »

Quote from: "tans"
Would Queen of the South get into Europe regardless?
yes

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:13:38 »

Fair fucking shout.
Spencer_White

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 18:13:41 »

Aberdeen should have won the title in 1991. They only needed a point at Ibrox on the last day of the season, but they lost. Mark Hateley scored twice.

Thing about Scotland is that the big clubs have dominated for much longer. Maybe 25 years now. But English football has been dominated by 3 maybe 4 clubs for 15 years. They are one phase ahead of us in terms of big clubs dominating. The whole 9 in a row thing kept Scottish football on the edge of its seat until 1998. But since then its not been the same. Its been a turn off, TV deals are greatly reduced to what they were when Sky had it. Why wont fans turn off the English Premier League in 10 more years time when the same teams win every year?

I think if Rangers and Celtic were ever allowed into English football they would be absolutely monstrous. Man United still got 50k in the 2nd tier. But Rangers and Celtic would get 50k in our basement league. The English clubs are scared Rangers and Celtic would take their limelight away. Thats why there will never be a British league.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 18:29:14 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

I think if Rangers and Celtic were ever allowed into English football they would be absolutely monstrous.

Rangers like all Scpottish clubs were allowed into the FA Cup in the late years of the 19th century, as professional football started to overtake amateur.

Queen's Park reached 2 FA Cup Fiinals,  losing to Blackburn on both occasions .....Rangers didn't do much apart from losing to Villa in one semi final.

By the start of the 20th century the SFA had banned its sides from playing in the English FA Cup.

I think that was Rangers chance.....but they probably rightly discerned it would be easier to win things by sticking with the SFA.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 18:43:36 »

I dont really understand why alot of English people choose to follow Rangers,its mostly lads and to do with all this "Loyalist" bullshit.Why anyone gives a shit is beyond me.Also why's it alright to have Rangers as a second team but considered a sin to have a second team in the Prem?

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 18:45:57 »

I don't think Rangers and Celtic should be in the English league just because they are too good for the Scottish League.

On that basis why not round up the best teams in every worldwide leage and put them in the same competition?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 18:47:08 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I don't think Rangers and Celtic should be in the English league just because they are too good for the Scottish League.

On that basis why not round up the best teams in every worldwide leage and put them in the same competition?

Ooh good idea lets start it,we'll make millions!

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: