Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: C'mon RANGERS!  (Read 10075 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:10:35 »

Enda don't rise to those kind of comments, anyone who compares the old firm to championship football is obviously deluded.

But as for Rangers performance sadly I agree that they got what they deserved, the traitor's tactics were all wrong, far too defensive, the better team won which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the Celts will have another good showing in Europe next year, can only be good for the Scottish national side, which is all I really care about.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:11:22 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
If the gap is as big as you say how come Rangers put Florentina out and Everton went out to Florentina?
Barnsley beat chelsea and liverpool and cardiff beat barnsley does that mean cardiff are better than chelsea and lpool?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:13:28 »

2 legged cup ties are exactly same as league though as you go away trying to stay tight and you try to win home games.  I would say Cardiffs situation is massively different as they were just playing 1 game per round.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:14:53 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
If the gap is as big as you say how come Rangers put Florentina out and Everton went out to Florentina?
Barnsley beat chelsea and liverpool and cardiff beat barnsley does that mean cardiff are better than chelsea and lpool?

As I said below your comment over 2 legs is very different to one off games, you have had to perform both on your own patch and in there back yard.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:15:48 »

Spot on Jan
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:17:12 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Enda don't rise to those kind of comments, anyone who compares the old firm to championship football is obviously deluded.

But as for Rangers performance sadly I agree that they got what they deserved, the traitor's tactics were all wrong, far too defensive, the better team won which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the Celts will have another good showing in Europe next year, can only be good for the Scottish national side, which is all I really care about.

Oops Cant help it Jan that kind of comment is so short sighted it makes me want to respond, alot of the Scottish teams are alot stronger than most people south of the border realise.
dell boy

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:17:38 »

2 legged cup ties are exactly same as league though as you go away trying to stay tight and you try to win home games.  I would say Cardiffs situation is massively different as they were just playing 1 game per round.

This could go on and on ... we disagree ... I think Scottish club sides are very average, you do not.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs and both are in the top 6 in Britain for support, but we are talking about football standards, when you are playing the likes of Gretna, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc there really isn't any competition, in the end the title will always be between Rangers and Celtic, great for their supporters, bad news for the standard of football in Scotland.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:20:37 »

Yep, League 1 at best  Fishing.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:24:13 »

Quote from: "dell boy"

This could go on and on ... we disagree ... I think Scottish club sides are very average, you do not.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs and both are in the top 6 in Britain for support, but we are talking about football standards, when you are playing the likes of Gretna, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc there really isn't any competition, in the end the title will always be between Rangers and Celtic, great for their supporters, bad news for the standard of football in Scotland.

My final comment on this as you said it could go on and on.  But if your final comment is true then surely Man U or Chelsea being the only teams to win premiership in recent years means great for their supporters, bad news for the stand of football in England.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:25:42 »

It would be unfair to compare the English Premier League to the Scottish Premier League

I come from a land down-under
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:28:34 »

Rangers have been very frustrating to watch in Europe, but I do mean that in a good way. They have stifled technically superior teams only in part because of Smith's tactics. Far more important has been the fact that every single one of those players works their fucking balls off for every minute of every match. Imagine how frustrating they must be to play against?

Give Zenit credit though, they kept their cool, kept playing their tight passing game and ultimately got what they deserved. It was always going to be game over once they took the lead and the best team won. No question.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:33:01 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
It would be unfair to compare the English Premier League to the Scottish Premier League

I agree it would be unfair to compare a league that recieves millions and millions of pounds in sponsorship alone, that serves a country of 50million+ people to the SPL, which receives little sponsorship and serves a country of 5 million.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:37:15 »

Well maybe if the Spl did something about the amounts of cash Rangers and Celtic get and maybe divide the tv rights up fairly it could become more competetive
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:38:32 »

The TV companies dictate DRS, nowt much the SPL can do is there?

It is a shame the wealth is so unevenly spread, but the same happens down here.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:39:26 »

I could have sworn you just called him Edna!  New nickname I think!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: