Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: C'mon RANGERS!  (Read 10076 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 21:36:12 »

rangers fans currently smashing up manchester city centre apparently, and fighting amongst each other.
and a russian fan has been stabbed too according to the news.

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 21:38:57 »

Quote from: "otanswell"
rangers fans currently smashing up manchester city centre apparently, and fighting amongst each other.

All because they couldn't turn the big telly on. Ho hum.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 21:40:06 »

those bloody begbies

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 21:49:46 »

Quote from: "Sussex"
Quote from: "otanswell"

All because they couldn't turn the big telly on. Ho hum.

The BBC report quotes a "frustrated fan" as saying:

Some people are really angry they've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this.

5 grand to get from Glasgow to Manchester?  :shock: If I'd known they were paying that, I'd have given a carful of them a lift myself for only 2 grand each

EDIT: Mind, the same report also seems to think Zenit won 2-1. Hurrah for the BBC - can't even read the reports on their own website. Worth every penny of the licence fee!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 21:55:46 »

and they didnt get a ticket anyway, fucking idiots

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 22:15:16 »

Rangers fans were walking up the Curry Mile singing the National Anthem earlier this afternoon, waving Union Jacks - that takes some balls doing that in Rusholme. Had a mate come back from Uni at bout half 8 - said big screen wasn't working in town and that the Rangers fans were far from happy - loads were getting on random buses to find any bars/pubs. Most missed first half at least.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 06:32:29 »

Don't get me wrong Rangers did well to get to the final, but got what they deserved given there negative defensive approach. Only one team played to score and that was Zenit, who has been superb all through the UEFA Cup fair play to them.

The thing that made me laugh the most was the pictures of Walter Smith after Zenit scored the first - furiously trawling through his notes. One game play and no answer once it is broken down

I come from a land down-under
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 07:48:05 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Don't get me wrong Rangers did well to get to the final, but got what they deserved given there negative defensive approach. Only one team played to score and that was Zenit, who has been superb all through the UEFA Cup fair play to them.

The thing that made me laugh the most was the pictures of Walter Smith after Zenit scored the first - furiously trawling through his notes. One game play and no answer once it is broken down

Once again absolute toss and classic to hear from a German whos national team has played this style for years and been succesful with it.  Rangers had chances last night, they hit the post, had a penalty appeal, Whittaker's deflected shot wide and Novo's chance right at the end.  Yes first half was negative but Rangers had a go after the break and had the Russians worried.

Walter Smith and the team can hold there heads up high after a tremendous european campaign, hopefully they will now move on to a domestic treble  Beers
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 07:52:24 »

They scored 5 goals in 8 games by obviously having a game plan and it worked so fair play to them but last night when they had to change that game plan they were found wanting

Dachauer is right
dell boy

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 07:57:47 »

I thought Rangers were awful last night, I haven't seen many of their games this season on the tele, but for me they would be just an average Championship side in the English leagues.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 07:58:29 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
They scored 5 goals in 8 games by obviously having a game plan and it worked so fair play to them but last night when they had to change that game plan they were found wanting

Dachauer is right

I disagree he took a team that had no right to get through the early rounds of the Uefa all the way to the final in the only means possible.  They barely got found out last night, they put the Russians under some pressure and if Nova had took that late chance they would of gone to extra time.  Look player for player against every team and Rangers should of lost but they showed a never say die spirit which Walters famous for and almost won a european trophy, they deserve praise not criticism.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:00:18 »

Quote from: "dell boy"
I thought Rangers were awful last night, I haven't seen many of their games this season on the tele, but for me they would be just an average Championship side in the English leagues.

What an absolute joke of a comment, they got to the uefa cup final FFS, there on course for a domestic treble.  In Cuellar they have one of the best centre backs in europe, in England they would be challenging for a european place with Villa & Everton.
dell boy

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:05:20 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "dell boy"

What an absolute joke of a comment, they got to the uefa cup final FFS, there on course for a domestic treble.  In Cuellar they have one of the best centre backs in europe, in England they would be challenging for a european place with Villa & Everton.

Domestic treble your right enough said. The gap between The Championship and The Premiership grows every year, the gap between Scottish Premier and English Premier is even wider and will never be breached again.
I have always thought it wouldbe good for British football to see Rangers and Celtic playing against the top English clubs in our league but I would fear they would not survive even though they would have fantastic support.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:07:12 »

If the gap is as big as you say how come Rangers put Florentina out and Everton went out to Florentina?
dell boy

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:07:58 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
If the gap is as big as you say how come Rangers put Florentina out and Everton went out to Florentina?

Cup games are so different from league.

Ask Cardiff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: