Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 2994 [2995] 2996 2997 2998 ... 4023   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9242620 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44910 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:22:12 »

Genuinely find their fans lack of empathy or understanding as to why Simpson wont entertain a new deal staggering. There's a real lack of pathway for him to the first team and their recruitment approach since their takeover is to sign championship level strikers, which is what they did with Bonne and Pigott. What chance does he stand against thos proven names. Don't blame him at all for not wanting to commit.

Which is where a savvy agent comes in. On one side you have a club who feel they are ‘entitled’ to something starting at loyalty for what they have ‘done’ all the way to expecting to make a return on their ‘investment’. All well and good until you look at it from Tyreece’s view point. Committed himself to Ipswich for the years they have had him and done everything they have asked him to do in exchange for their paycheque. A quid pro quo. Then I suppose it gets a bit messy. They send him out on loan and bingo, he does well under Swindon’s coaching and training regime and sees no progression within his parent club who would have binned him off in a heartbeat if he hadn’t shown what he can do here or stayed in their shadows until his contract expired. Difficult one unless you’re on the inside and know everything that has gone on, who said what, who promised what and the fine print on his contract.

From their fans point it would seem an easy one to determine, in that here is another full of himself young Buck thinking as was said ‘bigger than Ipswich Town’, understandable I suppose but as said it is not that straight forward and equation to work out.

We (STFC) have to consider a fond farewell and boy voyage to Tyreece and plough our own furrow in pursuit of players we need and can afford, now. Play-offs are very much attainable we cannot make any mistakes in who we get for the final push.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44911 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:22:52 »

I still don’t understand contract extensions being triggered. So, if Simpson refuses to a sign a new contract and Ipswich trigger the 1 Year extension, under what terms would Simpson remain at Ipswich - the same as he is on now or the contract they want him to sign?

The terms are purely dependent on what Simpson's agent has demanded. Apparently it's possible that a 12 month option can include a pay increase. I imagine most contract extensions are probably on the same or similar terms. According to someone on that Ipswich forum, his agent is the same as Ozil's so he could be playing a game and saying 'look my client is 19 and scored 11 goals in league 2, has scouts keeping an eye on him isn't it time you rewarded him properly etc etc'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44912 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:29:34 »

In theory could we offer a loan till the end of the season with an agreed price we can buy him for when the embargo expires or is that against the rules?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44913 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:18:48 »

I still think theres plenty of life left in the old dog yet even if Garner doesn't.

Not trying to be argumentative, but how do we know, when did he last play 30th November, none of us have seen hide nor hair of him since then yet the management team see him day to day in training.

I am not saying that Garner hasn't bombed him out (I think the Jamaica call up whilst undoubtedly an honour has fucked his career up a little bit, at least here) but likewise Grant has quite the history of falling out with managers so it may be a two way street.

He's gone anyway by mutual consent - worded interestingly.....
« Last Edit: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:21:22 by horlock07 » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44914 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:38:26 »

Farewell Granty and thanks.

Clems Army!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #44915 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:47:52 »

One of the greats in the promotion season. In a very different team, and in a higher league, fighting relegation and surrounded by the rapidly disintegration of the club,he was less persuasive.  This season, two years on, two years older, called up to the international team, and competing with Louis Reed,  it just hasn't worked out. That does not lessen the gratitude all STFC fans will feel towards him....he treads the margins of Legend!!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #44916 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:51:28 »

Thanks for everything General Grant. A player that wore his heart on his sleeve and gave his everything.  Top man.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44917 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:53:22 »

Nothing but positive words to say about Anthony Grant. He's been an excellent servant here.

I wish him luck wherever he ends up next.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44918 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:53:35 »

Good luck Granty. Where's he off to?  Huh?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #44919 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:56:28 »

Oh, and if he winds up at Scunthorpe, let's give him the reception and send off he deserves on Feb 12th.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #44920 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:59:30 »

Regarding the AG saga he is just one of the very many over the years who have moved on/out for reasons that are only hinted at or second guessed at that we sometimes get an explanation for later if they write a book or probably more likely these days do a podcast (as per Dion Donahue).

My take is that it is disappointing as I thought that he could do a decent job for us still in a couple of positions and sometimes the know how of a big old pro can be valuable at our level.

All I can wish him is the very best for the next stage of his career and thanks for what he did do for the club.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #44921 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 15:00:01 »

Just looked at the announcement on the club website.

Grants sign off? Class.

Not on the margins of Legend- he is well and truly there.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #44922 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 15:05:27 »

Calum Chambers' arrival at #avfc means Kaine Kesler-Hayden will be allowed back out on loan. Swindon obviously keen but it's possible Villa may look to place him at a League One club.

From a local journo in the midlands
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44923 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 15:07:03 »

Just a thank you to the fans - nobody else. I think he’s entitled to feel a bit pissed off. Even if wasn’t up to starting every week, being left out of the matchday squad altogether when we were short in the positions he could fill in for, was ‘strange’.

I can’t see how playing for Jamaica could be the reason.

Not often a player leaves with almost universal goodwill from the fans.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #44924 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 15:14:34 »

Barry is a red
Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 2994 [2995] 2996 2997 2998 ... 4023   Go Up
Print
Jump to: