Pages: 1 ... 2792 2793 2794 [2795] 2796 2797 2798 ... 4029   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9260329 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41910 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 21:03:36 »

"Club Doctor"...easy enough to get a sick note from one of those, especially if regarding trying to get a player back from loan who has reported the environment at their loan club.

All they have to do is name him on the bench and even when Begovic is "fit" you watch, one of their other keepers will be "unfit" . Thus needing to retain Travers.

Even if it is all above board, it's still shocking form on Town's part. In terms of any forward planning appearing to have the foresight of only something like 2weeks.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #41911 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 21:05:58 »

"Club Doctor"...easy enough to get a sick note from one of those, especially if regarding trying to get a player back from loan who has reported the environment at their loan club.

All they have to do is name him on the bench and even when Begovic is "fit" you watch, one of their other keepers will be "unfit" . Thus needing to retain Travers.

Even if it is all above board, it's still shocking form on Town's part. In terms of any forward planning appearing to have the foresight of only something like 2weeks.
I doubt that very much as doctors risk getting into major trouble from their regulatory body if they lie about things like that.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41912 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 21:13:33 »

I doubt that very much as doctors risk getting into major trouble from their regulatory body if they lie about things like that.

No one is saying the Doctor is lying.  But if you were "injured" and you wanted to get a sick note, I'm pretty sure you would be able to obtain one. The Doctor won't be questioned as they'll be issuing under the information they have been given.

I would say in an a very sheltered environment (even more so right now) it won't be that difficult to obtain the required note.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 21:15:52 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41913 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 22:42:59 »

Another young/inexperienced keeper for JS to potentially wreck the confidence of.

I've noticed a pattern and it's not because Town are skint (still haven't replaced the Doughty wage amongst many other factors) but it appears JS has mostly brought in younger players, got rid of any that were fairly good/had a voice off the pitch and frozen out most of the very experienced pros (ones that are good enough).

Now this pattern is conducive to those that wish to or want to feel like they are in control. But usually you still have key areas of experience to mentor those that are learning. In the case of STFC, it appears they have tried to bring in "yes men" or at least people they think won't answer back.

When are we sending him back to Babylon 5?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #41914 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 07:09:18 »

Another young/inexperienced keeper for JS to potentially wreck the confidence of.

I've noticed a pattern and it's not because Town are skint (still haven't replaced the Doughty wage amongst many other factors) but it appears JS has mostly brought in younger players, got rid of any that were fairly good/had a voice off the pitch and frozen out most of the very experienced pros (ones that are good enough).

Now this pattern is conducive to those that wish to or want to feel like they are in control. But usually you still have key areas of experience to mentor those that are learning. In the case of STFC, it appears they have tried to bring in "yes men" or at least people they think won't answer back.

Absolutely spot on 100%.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #41915 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:07:42 »

Absolutely spot on 100%.

Me too

ust be the oldest
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41916 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:19:22 »

We saw the same, to a certain extent, with McMahon

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41917 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:23:25 »

Apparently Jojo (as he likes to be called) had his confidence severely battered by our illustrious ex manager Mark Cooper at FGR to a point that he was recalled by Shitty in the January window when he initially signed on a year loan.

He was the subject of same bad racist abuse a year or so ago that made the news.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10491847/forest-green-rovers-joe-wollacott-vile-racist-abuse/

He had a bit of a mixed bag on loan to FGR, some mistakes that cost goals but also made a few good saves apparently too.

He kept 5 clean sheets and was sent off in 1 game in his 15 appearances for FGR.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #41918 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:24:17 »

Yep, can't disagree with Bamboo here - Sheridan is very much a man that seems to want to control the situation, even if he is spouting that the players need to speak up when things are not right - smacks of say one thing but in reality that is the last thing he is willing to put up with.

It is no coincidence (apart from some injuries) that Caddis, Grant, Baudry, Grounds and Pitman are/have rumoured to have fallen out with Sheridan, all experienced players more willing to speak up.

My concern is it can only be a matter of time before the likes of Conroy, Hunt, Payne, Palmer, Lyden end up on the naughty step alongside some of the more confident loanees.

I hope the yoofs are ready for game time by the end of the season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41919 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:02:48 »

Masterson out for most of the remainder of the season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41920 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 14:17:48 »

Masterson out for most of the remainder of the season
This is a major blow for Town, looks like Broadbent will need to step up to the plate, or Curran.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41921 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:47:10 »

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19086556.woodgate-explains-decision-recall-travers-swindon-loan/?ref=fbshr

JONATHAN Woodgate explained the decision to recall goalkeeper Mark Travers from his loan spell at Swindon Town.

Republic of Ireland international Travers joined the Robins on loan in January and played eight games for the Wiltshire side in all competitions.

But he will now link back up with caretaker boss Woodgate’s Cherries squad after it was revealed first-choice stopper Begovic was nursing a slight injury.

Bosnian Begovic is however likely to be fit to face Nottingham Forest in the Championship tomorrow (12.30pm).

"We're managing the situation with an injury that Asmir has,” said Woodgate ahead of the showdown at the City Ground.

"I thought it was important that we brought backup in with experience in that role, and Travs has that.

"He's had a good loan so he'll be sharp enough, so we're just managing Asmir's injury at the minute, he'll be okay.”
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41922 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:50:31 »

So, there’s fuck all wrong with Begovic - he’ll play their next game. They’ve obviously got a No. 2, so Travers just wanted to get the fuck out of Town.

Fair play to him.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41923 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:59:52 »

Sheridan forces another good player out of the club. Will there be anyone left to play come the end of the season?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #41924 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:24:45 »

Sheridan forces another good player out of the club. Will there be anyone left to play come the end of the season?

The way it’s looking it won’t matter. In fact it won’t matter wayyyyy before the end of the season.
Pages: 1 ... 2792 2793 2794 [2795] 2796 2797 2798 ... 4029   Go Up
Print
Jump to: