Pages: 1 ... 2110 2111 2112 [2113] 2114 2115 2116 ... 4009   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9210986 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #31680 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 16:23:13 »

Better a 1969 link than the more specific but also more worrying "Arsenal centre back called Daniel" precedent.

Now playing in the Romanian second division, interestingly.

That game at home against Shrewsbury was one of the worst CB performances I have ever seen...yet there is a highlight reel of it

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31681 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 16:23:21 »

I had to look him up, vague memories of him.

I see after he played for us he went on to play at Oxford and Hibs, my 2 least favourite football teams.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31682 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 16:27:33 »

That game at home against Shrewsbury was one of the worst CB performances I have ever seen...yet there is a highlight reel of it

I dunno, he seemed competent enough there. Some lovely cross-field balls as well!!  Grin

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31683 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 16:48:10 »

Didn’t we get BOO from Arsenal?

Touted as the next Ashley Cole when coming through the ranks. Fuck knows what they were smoking
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31684 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 16:56:47 »

I don't normally like to go in for unwarranted transfer rumours, but one of the FB groups posted a cryptic clue as to a player that might sign saying "it is a little bit of 1969 about it". Most people have obviously jumped to it being related to Swindon/Arsenal...but wondering if it is moon landing related....so by that logic

Announce Luke Armstrong from Middlesborough... 6ft 1in forward was on loan to Accrington last year.  Smiley
Must be true - Don Rogers IS getting his boots out !)

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31685 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 17:06:27 »

Fan favourite already: It seems Ballard has already won the admiration of the Arsenal support, with calls for him to be given an opportunity at first-team level. He's also been called a 'warrior at defence' and an 'absolute beast at the back' by the fans. Northern Ireland's GAWA will be hoping they're right.

Expert opinion: Dan Critchlow, who covers the Arsenal youth team for popular fan site the Daily Cannon, reckons there's a big future ahead for Ballard: "I was surprised earlier in the season when Zach Medley was called up to the first team because around the Academy, Ballard is the more highly-rated defender. I thought he would have made that first-team debut by now but I'd say, if he doesn't go out on loan, he will make that step next season maybe in the League Cup games. He's particularly good in the air - he has scored a couple of headed goals and is similarly impressive with his head at the other end of the pitch. Another thing he has become known for is goal-line clearances. There was a run in which he made four in five or six matches so he has that ability to read the game well."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31686 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 17:12:48 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Who we talking about?
Daniel Boateng?

oh god, noooooooo.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31687 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 17:34:15 »

Uploaded by: Jesse Boateng  Cheesy
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #31688 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 18:03:29 »

Tyreece John-Jules

Disappointed to find this doesn't appear to be Danny's son (some other relation perhaps, as I'm sure hyphenated names like this can't be that common??) but somewhat amused to see that Danny John-Jules' children's surnames are triple barreled. Don't think I've seen that before.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31689 on: Monday, July 1, 2019, 19:23:58 »

Disappointed to find this doesn't appear to be Danny's son (some other relation perhaps, as I'm sure hyphenated names like this can't be that common??) but somewhat amused to see that Danny John-Jules' children's surnames are triple barreled. Don't think I've seen that before.
Nephew apparently...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7846549/arsenal-tyreece-john-jules-thierry-henry/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31690 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 07:46:29 »

Mayor to Plymouth confirmed.
Apparently 'Muff offered him higher wages than Ipswich and a longer contract with an extra year option. Several other Bury players linked to them now, and understandably so.

Hes a Smeg Head.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 07:48:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31691 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 10:19:46 »

You'd think he'd be a keeper given his uncle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31692 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 10:35:41 »

You'd think he'd be a keeper given his uncle
Peter Bonetti? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31693 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 14:55:22 »

That Dan Ballard rumour looks like it has got legs. Following STFC on Twitter now.

Loads of their fans think he should be around the first team, too!

Strange.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31694 on: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 15:02:25 »

That Dan Ballard rumour looks like it has got legs. Following STFC on Twitter now.

Loads of their fans think he should be around the first team, too!

Strange.

Think of it this way, loads of our fans seemed to think that Miles Storey and Tom Smith should have been around our first team...
Pages: 1 ... 2110 2111 2112 [2113] 2114 2115 2116 ... 4009   Go Up
Print
Jump to: