Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ratings vs barnet  (Read 4997 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:49:30 »

i've been pretty impressed with vincents passing in the last two games.the hoof today would have been lass frequent if zaboob hugged the touchline a bit more
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:52:16 »

I think it would have been far less frequent if JP and the Minge had hugged the touchline more. We focussed too much down the left side for large parts of the game and the hoofing occurred because Vincent was closed down/marked out too easily. That said, the hoof down the line is his favourite pass.

Zaaboub hugged the touchline more than JP did today, yet the Minge didn't hoof nearly as much.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 21:52:42 »

Actually the Minge wasn't too bad at getting wide, mainly JP
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 17:13:21 »

Brez was alright today

The defence were collectively poor. Ifil was immense for the mmost part but some dodgy passing and a few slips of concentration let him down and cost us dearly.

The midfield was weak and seemed none too fussed about preventing Barnet attacks. JPM needs to get wide more and look for the ball, but I thought Sofi did ok going forward.

Paynter did nothing but win headers which went straight to defenders. As for Sturrock, who I have stuck up for in the past, he really pissed me off today. Constantly calling for the ball when stood offside, rarely provided an option for the midfielders and to be honest I was actually annoyed it was him who scored. Something I've never felt about anybody before.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 17:16:45 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Brez was alright today

The defence were collectively poor. Ifil was immense for the mmost part but some dodgy passing and a few slips of concentration let him down and cost us dearly.

The midfield was weak and seemed none too fussed about preventing Barnet attacks. JPM needs to get wide more and look for the ball, but I thought Sofi did ok going forward.

Paynter did nothing but win headers which went straight to defenders. As for Sturrock, who I have stuck up for in the past, he really pissed me off today. Constantly calling for the ball when stood offside, rarely provided an option for the midfielders and to be honest I was actually annoyed it was him who scored. Something I've never felt about anybody before.

i've just remembered where i know your avatar from - it's the album cover from athlete's vehicles and animals.
lambourn red

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 18:25:37 »

IMHO taking Sturrock off cost us the game, Paynter was absolute dog shit and when BS went off he got worst. As soon as the ball came forward Paynter lost it was like taking candy off a baby, at least Sturrock held the ball up and made some usefull passes out wide. I really can not see Paynter getting a run in the team he is absolute gash.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 21:11:53 »

I thought Vinnie Vincent had a good game quite commanding apart from a couple of daft back-headers, Ifil played OK and Comminges was alright too. Zaaboub and Paynter came under the category of 'seriously fucking awful', the rest weren't much better and none of them shouldn't really get any more than a 5 considering we were playing a team who were utterly abject and should have brushed them aside no problem. Oh and their fans were ace; all their theme tune songs were a right laugh Cool

here's the man himself when you need him?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 21:34:01 »

McGoverns quality. Not good at taking players on but he works the wings well and his passes/crosses are awesome. No one better in our side. Him and the Minge are a really good pair down the right hand side.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:20:52 »

Bloody hell funny how different people have differing views of the match.  I thought Sturrock had a good game on Saturday, Paynter worked hard but with little cutting edge.

The central midfield two didn't really get too involved as most of the play came down the sidelines through Vincent, Boooooob, Minges and JPM.  Didn't think Zaboub played well at all, but the full backs had a good solid game, especially Vincent, who in the first half ran the show.

Brez is getting better and better, okay so he dropped one cross but that was his only error, no chance with the goal.
McLovin

« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:07:57 »

Weird. I don't 100% agree with anyone.

I think Brez may have been out of position for the goal.
Vincent was great.
Ifil and Hasney both stood off the little fella and let him calmly collect goalkicks. What's that all about?
Bothe full-backs combined well with their wingers, just need some better quality crossing
The central midfielders were either both forward or both back, leaving huge gaps everywhere.
Sturrock was shite apart from holding the ball up on the wings/in the corners, Billy can't buy a goal.
fatbury

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:11:43 »

was an appalling and casual performance on the whole

Brez did ok but maybe could have done better on the goal
Defence was fairly solid but at times casual with their passes forward
Midfield - Peacock worked his socks off whilst Easton failed to impress again - too slow! JP and Zaaboub failed to deliver enough quality or make enough runs
Attack - Sturrock too slow Paynter slow also but tried hard - quality of ball forward  was awful to be fair

Subs - Roberts - looked unfit
Kaid - looked unworthy bar one run when he should have passed
JPC82

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:13:25 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
was an appalling and casual performance on the whole

Brez did ok but maybe could have done better on the goal
Defence was fairly solid but at times casual with their passes forward
Midfield - Peacock worked his socks off whilst Easton failed to impress again - too slow! JP and Zaaboub failed to deliver enough quality or make enough runs
Attack - Sturrock too slow Paynter slow also but tried hard - quality of ball forward  was awful to be fair

Subs - Roberts - looked unfit
Kaid - looked unworthy bar one run when he should have passed

oh fuck off u twat
McLovin

« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:19:33 »

Hehehe, Easton is too slow(!) Mr Fatbury obviously likes Peacocks 'Lead Boots' routine...
fatbury

« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:52:33 »

Peacock gives 100 percent ... but youve made my point ... together Peacock and Easton are too similar .. Peacock and Pook is a better combo - I personally dont and never have rated Easton
JPC82

« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 10:53:39 »

pook over easton? please please tell me ur on a wind up
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: