Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grazioli Grazioli ole ole ole  (Read 3934 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 08:34:39 »

soapy tit wank Quality article. Grazioli's family stopping him from playing for the Scum!!!!!

GIULIANO Grazioli will risk the wrath of the dreaded in-laws tomorrow when he bids to cause a second FA Cup upset against the club he once called "home".

The former Town striker is desperate to play some part for current club Barnet when the League Two side visit the County Ground for an exciting third-round clash.

Grazioli netted a late winner for Stevenage in a shock 2-1 victory at Swindon in 1998 before joining the Robins the following summer.

advertisementAlmost a decade later Grazioli returns to Wiltshire looking to repeat the feat, but revealed he must do so at the risk of upsetting his nearest and dearest.

Grazioli explained: "I married a girl from Swindon called Laura and all her family are die-hard Town fans.

"There came a point when I nearly signed for Oxford and my father-in-law said he would not come to watch me any more if I did.

"He loves his football but he was prepared to stop coming if it was Oxford. That's how much he loves Swindon.

"All the family will be there on Saturday but I think my wife will be the only one cheering for me."

Grazioli was a substitute for Tuesday's goalless draw at Wycombe but hopes to twist manager Paul Fairclough's arm for a starting berth tomorrow.

Fairclough was manager of Stevenage when the non-League side dumped Town out of the FA Cup in 1998 and Grazioli hopes his boss has not forgotten.

He said: "I always remember that day because the weather was terrible. Lots of games were called off but we played.

"Mark Walters scored a screamer for Town after about five minutes and I thought here we go.

"But we got back into it and we had the wind in our favour in the second half.

"I remember Fraser Digby took a goal kick and the ball almost blew back to him. I got my toe to it and poked it into the top corner- the rest is history."

Grazioli was overwhelmed with the reception he received from supporters the last time he stepped foot on the County Ground and hopes the Town fans will be just as welcoming tomorrow.

Should he grab the goal he desires, Grazioli insists he will not celebrate out of respect for his former club.

He said: "I had a great time playing at Swindon and it really felt like home.

"The supporters were fantastic the last time I went back there and I thank them for that.

"If I do play some part and manage to score I won't be celebrating the goal.

"But I will be celebrating the result because everyone wants to be in the hat for the fourth round of the FA Cup."
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 08:38:52 »

:bow1: Graz is a legend even more superb from his in laws nothing but respect for that, a quality read  Clap
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 08:41:47 »

Superb!  Cheesy

If I do play some part and manage to score I won't be celebrating the goal.

Nice touch but I wouldn't have any qualms if he did!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 09:50:22 »

That is a nice touch but Graz mate...if you score fucking go for it!

Top bloke got a lot of time for him.

I think the lack of celebration would not be on a part of him having used to play for us but more of the reaction of his in laws after the game!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 10:09:44 »

I miss Graz .. chatting up the fit birds in the corner of Edwards .. oh glory days!
magic8ball

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 10:18:56 »

I can still remember the screamer he scored for us live on Sky, against Ipswich I think. We ended up getting battered though, 4-1 if my memory serves me correctly.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 10:24:27 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I miss Graz .. chatting up the fit birds in the corner of Edwards .. oh glory days!

Yeah that's my ever lasting memories of Grazioli too.   :|
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 10:27:48 »

Quote from: "janaage"

Yeah that's my ever lasting memories of Grazioli too.   :|

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 10:43:11 »

So you used to stand at edwards watching footballers chat up birds? oh dear.
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 11:01:35 »

i don't think i ever saw him play, so i'm going to abuse him Cool
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 11:08:36 »

Fair play for the not-celebrating thing, I've always respected that.

I won't jeer him but I don't like it when our fans applaud the opposition.
Marty McFly

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 11:31:55 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
I can still remember the screamer he scored for us live on Sky, against Ipswich I think. We ended up getting battered though, 4-1 if my memory serves me correctly.

Yep thats right, he smashed it from outside the box, off the underside of the bar and in to put us 1-0 up. Like you said, we then got thumped 4-1. Quality goal though and an absolute legend! He will defo get a great reception if he gets to play.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 11:58:53 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

No i used to watch Graz chat up and take home the girls who I had been chatting to for hours previously ... oh well .. thats life ..  Wink
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 12:04:53 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

No i used to watch Graz chat up and take home the girls who I had been chatting to for hours previously ... oh well .. thats life ..  Wink

thats YOUR life.  Wink
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 12:20:39 »

A top bloke and deserving of a good reception

I come from a land down-under
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: