Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grazioli Grazioli ole ole ole  (Read 3933 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:20:00 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Fair play for the not-celebrating thing, I've always respected that.

I won't jeer him but I don't like it when our fans applaud the opposition.

I think the biggest mark of respect you can pay to a player is to show your appreciation when he returns playing for another side.  Doesn't happen often, and rightly so.

I'll never forget the standing ovation we gave Colin Calderwood at the start of our Premiership game at White Hart Lane.  The two teams swapped ends just before kick off so the great man had to jog over towards our stand.  4000 Town fans got up off their feet and gave him an ovation that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.  Just brilliant.  And then to cap it all, I think (but memory's a little hazy now) that he was partly at fault for the goal we scored that day.  Legend.
Marty McFly

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:21:34 »

I wonder if Dennis Wise will get a similar reception?  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:28:50 »

Graz was one of those players who was a bit limited,  but you could tell he was giving it his best shot.  He could  finish, but was living on scraps in poorish sides.

My 2 favourite Graz moments would be scoring the winner with a late header in front of teh TE, v Scum on their last visit, getting the first at teh MadStad on our last visit in the 3-1 win.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:33:01 »

We should go in for him once the embargo is lifted
red macca

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:34:31 »

Bart in joke shocker
Marty McFly

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:42:25 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
getting the first at teh MadStad on our last visit in the 3-1 win.

One of my favourite away days  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 13:48:47 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Quote from: "DMR"
Fair play for the not-celebrating thing, I've always respected that.

I won't jeer him but I don't like it when our fans applaud the opposition.

I think the biggest mark of respect you can pay to a player is to show your appreciation when he returns playing for another side.  Doesn't happen often, and rightly so.

I'll never forget the standing ovation we gave Colin Calderwood at the start of our Premiership game at White Hart Lane.  The two teams swapped ends just before kick off so the great man had to jog over towards our stand.  4000 Town fans got up off their feet and gave him an ovation that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.  Just brilliant.  And then to cap it all, I think (but memory's a little hazy now) that he was partly at fault for the goal we scored that day.  Legend.

I'm all for giving ex players who merit it a rousing reception....the ones that don't just ignore.

A few that spring to mind.....Peter Noble.  The TE used to jump up and down and sing No ball No ball No ball no ball no ball......repeat Not original but it worked.

He revisited some years after he'd left us for Burnley....but the TE obliged with a great rendition.  Fine player hugely under rated.

Dave Bamber....used to love it coming back to Swindon.  The chant was Bambi Bambi Bambi.  He'd make sure he did his legendary warm up in front of the singers on the South Side.  Against Stoke he obliged with an own goal.

Chris Kamara... after his first departure, came back to the CG with a Stan Bowles inspired Brentford...scored with a header from the edge of the box in front of the TE, then slide on his knees to celebrate.  Didn't go down too well.  All was forgiven though after the success of his second spell, which lifted him into STFC hero status.....received good reception on second return with Luton,  included sliding tackle on own player to prevent him scoring.

Fraser Digby....got the total respect he deserved, when visiting with Palarse in 98.  For some reason though goalkeepers don't seem to have their own chants.  A bizarre match....Palarse were managed by Venables and they had Attilio Lombardo playing for them.  I'd seen a lot of him on C4, an dhe was a wonderful player....Sol Davis marked him out the game.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 15:02:15 »

My friend and I had huge crushes on Graz when he was here. We both cried when he left!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 15:09:17 »

Quote from: "swindon_chick"
My friend and I had huge crushes on Graz when he was here. We both cried when he left!

Are you sure you didn't have a crush on the bloke in Edwards who used to stare at Grazioli getting hold of birds?  Apparently he used to stand there with a visable boner, and used to go on about Paul Trollope when approached.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 15:14:01 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "swindon_chick"

Are you sure you didn't have a crush on the bloke in Edwards who used to stare at Grazioli getting hold of birds?  Apparently he used to stand there with a visable boner, and used to go on about Paul Trollope when approached.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 15:15:40 »

Jans got a way with words!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 15:25:40 »

I do like Fatbury, he's a character and a half!!!

Although I don't think I've ever met the bloke, he always comes across as a decent enough fella.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 16:04:38 »

Quote from: "Marty McFly"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
getting the first at teh MadStad on our last visit in the 3-1 win.

One of my favourite away days  Cheesy

that was quality

I come from a land down-under

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 16:28:24 »

graziloi was a bit rubbish really.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 4, 2008, 16:29:47 »

In some ways he was, hes a good finisher but thats it.  He still could have scored a lot of goals in a better, more creative side though
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: