Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 cheers for King  (Read 4832 times)
McLovin

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:05:03 »

I think he will follow the same route to alcoholism and ruin as one Bobby Howe.  :beers
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:15:15 »

I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!  Whenever I see Bobby Howe out you can almost see the sadness in his eyes.  That's one depressed mother fucker.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:17:34 »

Whilst I shall not be in anyway upset never to see MH  play again, I think a bit of perspective needs to be applied to his record.....he was a free transfer and did play near on 200 games in total over 5 seasons....so in that sense has given good service...there have been periods when he has played semi decent and we've maybe missed him if not playing to an extent.

A limited player, but we're not going to get Patrick Viera or Rino Gattuso on a free from Shitty are we?

His decline this season may in some way be connected to the Gurney leaving situation...don't suppose we'll ever know.......I'd imagine he might interest a Conference club.
Piemonte

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:47:42 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Howard was average if you ask me, and left Migz doing half of his running for him.  He is in no condition for a footballer still.  I would have hoped that being dropped might have forced him down the gym a bit more.  Went down way too easily if you ask me.

I am so relieved at Hewletts imminent departure, i cannot begin to say!

I thought Howard did well in the first half, but looked knackered by 65/70 minutes.

Anybody else think that he looked like he'd lost a little weight?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:51:40 »

Maybe hooolit will join swansea in a shock transfer?  Wink

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:27:24 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I thought Howard did well in the first half, but looked knackered by 65/70 minutes.

Anybody else think that he looked like he'd lost a little weight?

He worked much harder than I've seen him in a long time, looked fitter, sharper and wanted it more. Perhaps he's playing to impress all the Premiership scouts at the game last night. Couldn't tell if he'd lost weight from the back of t'Nationwide though.

As for Hewlett, thanks for the service, cheerio, see you later, good luck.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:33:43 »

Cant agree with Reg-Hewlett would be a strong candidate for a Worst Ever Town x1 in my opinion and I've been going for 40 years.How much better did the midfield look last night?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:36:04 »

If King thinks Hewlett is not worth a new contract, why has he played him in about three quarters of all our games this season?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:38:52 »

Quote from: "adje"
Cant agree with Reg-Hewlett would be a strong candidate for a Worst Ever Town x1 in my opinion and I've been going for 40 years.How much better did the midfield look last night?

More creative, didn't give the ball away so much and used it much better but there were huge gaps and City had a lot of room. It'd be interesting to see how we cope away from home this weekend.
McLovin

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:50:09 »

I must have been drunk.  Howard didn't look any fitter at all in my eyes.  Not saying he was awful, just didn't have the legs for a 90 minute game of proffessional kick and ball.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 14:35:24 »

I agree with Reg, Hewlett is far from a good player but he's not our worst ever and he does get used as a scapegoat more than he deserves.

He did have a very good spell in the second half of last season but he hasn't performed this year and I'm happy he's leaving. I doubt he would have played much this year if we'd managed to sign the box to box midfielder in the summer.
McLovin

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 14:39:55 »

He was shit. Stop being nice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: