Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 cheers for King  (Read 4834 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 09:34:28 »

Finally it seems King has actually formed a reasonable opinion of Hewlett's ability, or more importantly - lack of ability.

It's about time he was off, I've been embarrassed by him for far too long.

On another note, I though Steff played very well last night in a sort of midfield sweeper role.  

He won the ball countless times last night, and because everything was in front of him, when he got the ball he was able to move it sensibly.  

He's not a tough tackling ball winner by any stretch, but he used his strength to nudge players off the ball throughout, and was composed when on the ball.

Fallon too showed that he is capable of playing at this level, OK he should have scored a couple, but surely if he'd been given more chance earlier in the season he would have perhaps scored a couple last night, due to that extra 'match sharpness' that playing brings.  

Not sure how we are going to line up next season in terms of personnel, but as long as we keep Smith (alongside Steff), we should at least have a central midfield with the strength to dominate more often than in this season.

Finally out of the players we are not quite sure of, I reckon Duke should be given another go, his versatility could be vital with the transfer window coming into play.

Bit of a rambling old post I know, but it's been a while since I've done one.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 09:46:47 »

well done king, its only took 9 months!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 09:56:33 »

Trouble is he'll probably forget everything he's learnt during his summer break.  Come August we'll be back to square 1.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 09:59:07 »

My grudge is that he didn't make any other substitutions....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:09:52 »

He made 1! Duke for Migs cause he was tired!  Not sure it was really necessary to make any subs.  We wanted to win.  We only had youngsters on the bench, who could well do with a run-out, but everyone on the pitch played well.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:13:38 »

it seemed to me that smith played most of the game on the left with howard in the middle. migs and smith would be a decent central midfield they were being played as central midfielders
Asher

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:15:21 »

Im just glad we had a bit of fight on the pitch
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:16:47 »

I think the reason it was like that was because of the formation!  I am a big fan of 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation and smith does play the wing back role very well!  If playing a 4-4-2 then i would definately play howard wide and smith in the middle.

I must say both Howard and Igoe suprised me last night with the way they were getting stuck in.  First time i have been impressed by them in a long while!

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:17:58 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
it seemed to me that smith played most of the game on the left with howard in the middle. migs and smith would be a decent central midfield they were being played as central midfielders

Yes, Smith was played in the left wing-back slot, but I can't see that being the case too often.  

So yes, Smith and Migs in the centre has to be the basis for the team to be built around next season surely.
Asher

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:18:35 »

Amazing what happens when they are at the end of a contract!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:21:35 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Quote from: "simon pieman"

Yes, Smith was played in the left wing-back slot, but I can't see that being the case too often.  

So yes, Smith and Migs in the centre has to be the basis for the team to be built around next season surely.

agreed. i did feel smith played well and put some good crosses in. i thought igoe and howard were average. it's swindon v brizzle everyone should be getting stuck in! can't fault the effort but we should be seeing that sort of effort every week
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:21:53 »

Quote from: "Titch"
I must say both Howard and Igoe suprised me last night with the way they were getting stuck in.  First time i have been impressed by them in a long while!

igoe should have scored near the end when parkin headed it down to him but he got scared of being clattered as usual, but other than that he had a decent game, as did howard. i just wish igoe would learn to cross the ball first time instead of stopping & passing back to jenkins all the time. you could see parkin getting well frustrated by it.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:23:31 »

Agree totally with that!  That is what pisses me off, if we played like that every week we could really do stuff, but.........same old story really!

McLovin

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:50:11 »

Howard was average if you ask me, and left Migz doing half of his running for him.  He is in no condition for a footballer still.  I would have hoped that being dropped might have forced him down the gym a bit more.  Went down way too easily if you ask me.

I am so relieved at Hewletts imminent departure, i cannot begin to say!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 10:56:28 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"

I am so relieved at Hewletts imminent departure, i cannot begin to say!

Indeed, anyone reckon he'll land another job in the league?  If he does, it'll be at a struggling League 2 team at best.  I seriously think he may have to go part-time if he hopes to carry on playing football.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: