Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pair of pricks abusing people for not protesting today  (Read 6741 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 12:35:35 »

saw him on friday briefly.
sonic youth

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 12:39:52 »

Quote from: "Forza_Swindon"
A couple of things:

Protest - I went to see what was going on but had to drive to London straight after the game so couldn't stay long.  People do have reasons for not standing outside all night shouting at people.  

undoubtedly so, but if you consider the estimates of people protesting were between 700-1,000, did the other 4,500-5,000 people really have better things to do? there are too many people who don't realise the graveness of the situation and i'm not sure what more can be done to inform them.

Quote from: "Forza_Swindon"
"Fan apathy" - I just think some people will always stick their heads in the sand, whatever club you look at.  And the people who do demonstrate and make their feelings heard eventually have the fight drained out of them.  It gets to the stage where you feel it just isn't going to make a difference anyway so why waste your energy, time and money - especially this close to Christmas - on getting angry?  

not neccesarily so, as a club we have a very solid fanbase of hardcore fans - the problem is that despite this, a lot of these same hardcore fans either don't do anything or criticise others for not doing enough.

as soon as i saw the red cards being held up at kick-off yesterday, the life drained out of me. i'm not sure what i was expecting but it was such a disappointment. i protested after the game but i felt the whole time that it was an exercise in futility.

i've got protest fatigue. i won't give up but i can understand why others would but it upsets me when i see fans criticising each other for not doing enough, doing too much, not protesting, not being militant enough and so on and so forth.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 15:14:25 »

Give us an S has had a few things lately (I hope he dont mind saying that)

Hes fine though saw him on Friday and at game.

Ive kind of given up on this team of late

red macca

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 16:30:24 »

On the flip side we were abused for protesting
Spencer_White

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 17:26:02 »

Im all for a bit of bias and a bit of front when we are talking to other fans, but on here we might as well take a look ourselves with some honesty.

I was hoping that we would come out of this vowing that we wouldnt allow this to happen to the club again. But the majority of town fans are just too boring and too apathetic to have that sort of mentality. Has to be said some town fans (a minority) are just downright weird and inbred the way they have backed the board until the brink of extinction.

However it is out of order to be slagging off blokes with kids. Unfortunately, this is another indication of failure and desperation on some supporters part that we havnt seen the reaction and passion from Town supporters that we would have liked.

On the other hand, the club has been run as a private concern since Wills took over (fans frequently told their views arent wanted) and I can fully understand why some people view it as someone elses problem. Most out of touch club (with the people of its own town) in the football league I rekon.

Fingers crossed next week is a new dawn.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 19:16:48 »

I think most fans aren't apathetic, they just don't see how protests do anything
flammableBen

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 19:22:29 »

Yeah, I've chatted to a few people who say they agree with the sentiment but just don't think it will make any difference. I'm generally of the opinion that I might as well try; but I do understand where they're coming from.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 19:23:30 »

and very few with kids/ old people are gonna turn up in the cold when there might be perceived trouble. that probably takes out 1-2000.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 19:33:19 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I think most fans aren't apathetic, they just don't see how protests do anything

I used to be apathetic, now I just can't be bothered.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 19:35:22 »

I used to be peripatetic but now i can't be arsed.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 21:13:24 »

pro :x testing to get rid of your frustration is about all it will achive.theres 100s of thousands of £ at stake what do you think the owners think "oh look some noisey fans outside telling us to go ,fuck the money it grows on trees and they would do the same if they were in our in our shoes so we give in"dont pick on fans who have just spent hard earnt cash getting froze trying to support players who are as fucked off as them.
flammableBen

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 21:15:21 »

well put JR.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #57 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 21:16:46 »

If Diamandis continues to be an apparent stumbling block, then protesting on large scale could give Wills a nudge in the right direction.

Of course this is assuming the numbers and organisation is there.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 21:16:49 »

anything that makes their decisions to fuck the club over harder has an effect, however small.

and can you use more punctuation please, i'm tired and that was confusing, thanks.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 21:28:33 »

sorry haven,t been to school since 1980
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: