Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mcarlisle matchday thread  (Read 19903 times)
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:37:32 »

Well the fans who think along the lines of "the team is doing well on the pitch i'm not bothered about off field matters" could soon have a nasty shock when there's no football to watch due to the club folding thanks to our lovely board.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:37:35 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
listening to byrne as i was driving home, the bloke sounds like an idiot. not sure what it says about his mangerial abilities but he sounded like a clueless oaf.

the takeover and the survival of this football club is far more important than a hasty managerial appointment. if the outcome was relegation but the takeover was successful then i would take that.

I thought the same SY, lot's of long silences whilst he had to think of what to say next. I also think that he sounded a bit harsh on the players, taking into account the circumstances (Depleted squad n'all).
I also got the impression that he put the blame solely on the players, as though we would have won if they did EXACTLY what he told them to do: (Not my fault gov.) Although to be honest I wasn't at the match and may stand to be corrected on that.
kirky62

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:45:03 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
listening to byrne as i was driving home, the bloke sounds like an idiot. not sure what it says about his mangerial abilities but he sounded like a clueless oaf.

the takeover and the survival of this football club is far more important than a hasty managerial appointment. if the outcome was relegation but the takeover was successful then i would take that.

I thought the same SY, lot's of long silences whilst he had to think of what to say next. I also think that he sounded a bit harsh on the players, taking into account the circumstances (Depleted squad n'all).
I also got the impression that he put the blame solely on the players, as though we would have won if they did EXACTLY what he told them to do: (Not my fault gov.) Although to be honest I wasn't at the match and may stand to be corrected on that.
Bangkok Red -  How many managers do you know that dont blame players for poor performances???
flammableBen

« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:46:14 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "will power"
i've given up caring - not worried about losing tonight (although that was our worst loss since... ? ) just can't be stressed with it all anymore - one of my relatives played in the 69 cup final - my great grandparents supported the town in the 1900's but i've had enough - think i might take the kids to pompey on saturday, bye bye swindon.......

We lost 3-0 to Stockport in March.   Williams was missing for the first time following injury and Ifil saw red.

Its not compulsory.....you sound like you'd be happier being a follower rather than a fan.

subtle Reg

Thinking about it, my STFC supporting time has been as more of a follower than a fan. Oddly the fandom doesn't seem to correlate to success, but more to the availability of cheap student tickets. Having had 3 ; 19/97, 00/01 and 01/02.

There are other periods of fairly good fannage from me; On and off in 95/96 (can't really remember how often I went), a run of home and away games at the end of 99/00 (fuck knows why), whenever I was back from uni in 02/03 and the same again but less so in 03/04 (we were a bit too good in our play-off year).
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:50:50 »

Quote from: "kirky62"

Bangkok Red -  How many managers do you know that dont blame players for poor performances???

GOOD managers always use the term "We", rather than "They".
will power

« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:56:08 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
i've given up caring - not worried about losing tonight (although that was our worst loss since... ? ) just can't be stressed with it all anymore - one of my relatives played in the 69 cup final - my great grandparents supported the town in the 1900's but i've had enough - think i might take the kids to pompey on saturday, bye bye swindon.......

We lost 3-0 to Stockport in March.   Williams was missing for the first time following injury and Ifil saw red.

Its not compulsory.....you sound like you'd be happier being a follower rather than a fan.

subtle Reg

Thinking about it, my STFC supporting time has been as more of a follower than a fan. Oddly the fandom doesn't seem to correlate to success, but more to the availability of cheap student tickets. Having had 3 ; 19/97, 00/01 and 01/02.

There are other periods of fairly good fannage from me; On and off in 95/96 (can't really remember how often I went), a run of home and away games at the end of 99/00 (fuck knows why), whenever I was back from uni in 02/03 and the same again but less so in 03/04 (we were a bit too good in our play-off year).

Yeah - what makes me a fan or a follower? I have supported the club since the 1970' s been to lots of games but have missed a lot more when bands/drugs/women/booze have been more tempting or work/kids/lack of cash/distance from swindon have got in the way - does that make me a second class supporter? i have too complicated a life to drive 500 miles on a tuesday night to see us get spanked on a wet night in Carlisle - we all love the club, to greater or lesser extent i grant you - but a fan i am - till i die - and the comment about pompey was for my kids and their future football wellbeing. i, like all of you cannot switch aliegience(sp)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:01:43 »

Bloody hell, IT's ONE GAME MATE.

WTF is happening with the TEF tonight?

I feel the same, angry yes, fed-up yes....I want this whole fiasco sorted as much as the next guy. I really need to find the spark to get me interested again. Foe example, the millwall away game i was more looking forward to meeting mates and getting pissed than the actual football itself. Me and STFC is like a relationship. I need to get it back on track. Get the feeling back, but when that happens I don't know. I'll protest cos I love the club (couldn't make sat due to personal reasons) and don't want to see it die.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
glos_robin

« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:01:51 »

Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season. Always comes across as honest, committed and having respect of players - something our beloved board/current advisors could have only dream of! My point is a new manager is not the key issue right now and Williams/Byrne deserve our support - I wonder whether they are being paid at present!!!!

You are just on a wind up aren't you, what is your usual name? Where was this best football under Williams last season as all I remember is 2 defeats with the Hereford match being a dismal display summed up by his choice of goalkeeper.
Williams and Byrne aren't up to the job end of story, yes their are more pressing issues but if these 2 remain in charge we will just slip down the league which ultimately costs us thousands.
I hate all this bollocks about them being passionate, respected and genuine. If everyone with those qualities was a good manager we'd all be doing it....and anyway one is a youth team coach and the other is an alcaholic what great candidates.  :roll:
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:10:53 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season. Always comes across as honest, committed and having respect of players - something our beloved board/current advisors could have only dream of! My point is a new manager is not the key issue right now and Williams/Byrne deserve our support - I wonder whether they are being paid at present!!!!

You are just on a wind up aren't you, what is your usual name? Where was this best football under Williams last season as all I remember is 2 defeats with the Hereford match being a dismal display summed up by his choice of goalkeeper.
Williams and Byrne aren't up to the job end of story, yes their are more pressing issues but if these 2 remain in charge we will just slip down the league which ultimately costs us thousands.
I hate all this bollocks about them being passionate, respected and genuine. If everyone with those qualities was a good manager we'd all be doing it....and anyway one is a youth team coach and the other is an alcaholic what great candidates.  :roll:

I agree Glos 100%.

This forum is depressing tonight.  Ok we lost 3 nil away from home with almost a 2nd string side, low morale - no manager what do some people expect?  Did they think we would thrash Carlisle who were 4th before this fixture?

If so, WAKE UP, moan about 3 nil all you like but we had the pleasure of seeing us put 4 past Bournemouth and 5 past the Gills!  I know its almost irrelevent but something to cling onto!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:13:13 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "glos_robin"

I agree Glos 100%.

This forum is depressing tonight.  Ok we lost 3 nil away from home with almost a 2nd string side, low morale - no manager what do some people expect?  Did they think we would thrash Carlisle who were 4th before this fixture?

If so, WAKE UP, moan about 3 nil all you like but we had the pleasure of seeing us put 4 past Bournemouth and 5 past the Gills!  I know its almost irrelevent but something to cling onto!

:toppost:
glos_robin

« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:17:48 »

I'm currently getting a load of abuse from the Sellafield section of my work as their all Carlisle fans. Apparently we looked the most clueless outfit they'd seen all season and it took them 35 minutes to figure out what formation we were playing.
This whole club is a mess from the boardroom all the way onto on the field matters it now seems. We need new faces in all areas of the club and unfortunately that seems unlikely in the near future.
We will stay up if we get a semi competent manager of that I'm sure however I feel equally sure Byrne and Williams would get us relegated....this is all dependant on the survival of STFC obviously.
sonic youth

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:19:33 »

our side is good enough to stay up with half-decent management, i daresay byrne/williams would cope if they had the full squad to choose from.

this fucking transfer embargo is crippling us though.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:21:10 »

Not to mention the 4 match Bans Ifil and Zaboub are receiving......surely accompanied by a fine......
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:31:57 »

our side is good enough to stay up with half-decent management, i daresay byrne/williams would cope if they had the full squad to choose from.

this fucking transfer embargo is crippling us though.

I agree. with 3 decent quality players in the right positions we'd look a much better side currently.  Sadly we all know why they aint here.

Theres no way I want them as permanent managers, but I cant help but feel people are being harsh on Williams and byrne given the injuries and opposition tonight. Our away form hasnt been great so far this season even under Sturrock
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:35:17 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Not to mention the 4 match Bans Ifil and Zaboub are receiving......surely accompanied by a fine......
And 3 matches for Tozer now... :?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: