Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mcarlisle matchday thread  (Read 19963 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:11:26 »

Quote from: "kirky62"
Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
The thing is DV if the takeover isn't completed by christmas will we even have a club left next year?

who knows? but regardless......i guess we're planning not to die....I guess we're planning ahead of Christmas

At the least we've planned up untill the end of the season....and even if we did in 3 months time.....we still need a bloody manager.

No matter what is going on off the field, we need a manager and we need one a week ago!!
We would have lost tonight with Sturrock in charge. Carlisle are a better side than we are - and that's even when we are at full strength. Get over it - the off field matters are far more important. Get that sorted and we can go forward but remember (and I have been supporting Town for 30+ years) our current fan base is only good enough to support a League 1 side. Dont blame Byrne/Williams - they will do their best with a depleted squad.

There's a lot of sense in what you say....we'd lost 3 away league games on the spin under Sturrock.   We have the potential,  if the takeover is sorted to have the occasional foray up into the CCC,   last for  a few seasons then back down again.....that's our place in the scheme of things and I see nothing changing it anytime soon.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:12:10 »

Quote from: "will power"
i've given up caring - not worried about losing tonight (although that was our worst loss since... ? ) just can't be stressed with it all anymore - one of my relatives played in the 69 cup final - my great grandparents supported the town in the 1900's but i've had enough - think i might take the kids to pompey on saturday, bye bye swindon.......

good job we can count on the wholehearted support of our fans

Things get better but they never get good
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:12:52 »

Quote from: "Batch"
I agree with your sentiments DV, but until the budget is sorted out (i.e. takeover) it won't happen.

ok, im no business wizzkid, but surely there is the wages we arent paying Sturrock anymore?

the take over could/can/will drag on for months, if it actually ever happens

we cant go months without a manager

Not being funny DV but i don't think the takeover can drag on for months, i think it has to be sorted one way or the other by christmas, it's not possible for it to drag on for month's not anymore.
kirky62

« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:13:31 »

Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season. Always comes across as honest, committed and having respect of players - something our beloved board/current advisors could have only dream of! My point is a new manager is not the key issue right now and Williams/Byrne deserve our support - I wonder whether they are being paid at present!!!!
STFC Village

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:14:38 »

I thought Fitton was meant to be choosing the next manager, regardless of whether he took over the club or not?

Like the signing of Arrietta, Anzite, A.N. Other and Brevett during the Best debacle?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:16:35 »

I agree with your sentiments DV, but until the budget is sorted out (i.e. takeover) it won't happen.

ok, im no business wizzkid, but surely there is the wages we arent paying Sturrock anymore?

Not being funny DV but i don't think the takeover can drag on for months, i think it has to be sorted one way or the other by christmas, it's not possible for it to drag on for month's not anymore.

wasnt it supposed to be complete by mid november....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:18:14 »

Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season.

what?!?!?!

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:18:19 »

Quote from: "kirky62"
Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season. Always comes across as honest, committed and having respect of players - something our beloved board/current advisors could have only dream of! My point is a new manager is not the key issue right now and Williams/Byrne deserve our support - I wonder whether they are being paid at present!!!!

Wind up alert!!!!!

1) "Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost", what else was he gonna do? Deny that we lost?

2) "but played some of our best football under him last season", I may not have been there to see it, but we only played 2 games under him and lost both games!!!
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:18:23 »

wasnt it supposed to be complete by mid november....

Yes it was, surely it just cannot drag on much longer, it only takes 1 creditor to wind us up and i don't think they are going to wait much longer and i wouldn't blame them.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:19:44 »

If they haven't already issued
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:21:00 »

i've given up caring - not worried about losing tonight (although that was our worst loss since... ? ) just can't be stressed with it all anymore - one of my relatives played in the 69 cup final - my great grandparents supported the town in the 1900's but i've had enough - think i might take the kids to pompey on saturday, bye bye swindon.......

Bloody hell, IT's ONE GAME MATE.

WTF is happening with the TEF tonight?
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:21:46 »

Indeed fred, we all know it's going to happen anytime now unless these clowns on the board hurry up and get the fuck out!

Also with Byrne/Williams in charge i would hate to think about the thought of possibly getting a points deduction shortly.....
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:23:08 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"

Bloody hell, IT's ONE GAME MATE.

WTF is happening with the TEF tonight?

I think all the shit in the past few years and everything that has been going on recently is getting to a lot of fans and i understand how they feel, even i feel like not bothering anymore but we must fight to the end.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:25:12 »

Indeed fred, we all know it's going to happen anytime now unless these clowns on the board hurry up and get the fuck out!

Also with Byrne/Williams in charge i would hate to think about the thought of possibly getting a points deduction shortly.....

So why arent people as angry as I am, and apart from a few (present company included)

All I see is a lot of people shrugging shoulders.

I'm telling you...................if I met someone on a dark evening................well fuck me
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 22:25:24 »

We lost 3-0 to Stockport in March.   Williams was missing for the first time following injury and Ifil saw red.

Its not compulsory.....you sound like you'd be happier being a follower rather than a fan.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: