Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mcarlisle matchday thread  (Read 19888 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:39:39 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "kirky62"
Bit harsh on Williams when acknowledging we lost but played some of our best football under him last season. Always comes across as honest, committed and having respect of players - something our beloved board/current advisors could have only dream of! My point is a new manager is not the key issue right now and Williams/Byrne deserve our support - I wonder whether they are being paid at present!!!!

You are just on a wind up aren't you, what is your usual name? Where was this best football under Williams last season as all I remember is 2 defeats with the Hereford match being a dismal display summed up by his choice of goalkeeper.
Williams and Byrne aren't up to the job end of story, yes their are more pressing issues but if these 2 remain in charge we will just slip down the league which ultimately costs us thousands.
I hate all this bollocks about them being passionate, respected and genuine. If everyone with those qualities was a good manager we'd all be doing it....and anyway one is a youth team coach and the other is an alcaholic what great candidates.  :roll:

I agree Glos 100%.

This forum is depressing tonight.  Ok we lost 3 nil away from home with almost a 2nd string side, low morale - no manager what do some people expect?  Did they think we would thrash Carlisle who were 4th before this fixture?

If so, WAKE UP, moan about 3 nil all you like but we had the pleasure of seeing us put 4 past Bournemouth and 5 past the Gills!  I know its almost irrelevent but something to cling onto!

but we've just seen the manager behind those victories walk away.

Personally, I cant look at results objectivly like that.....ah well we lost today, but won well a few weeks back.

Results mean nothing, in that aspect till the end of the season.

The 5 past Gillingham and 4 past Bournemouth wont even be worth remembering if we slide down the table and get relegated

The 3 Carlisle put past us wont be worth remembering, if we have a decent season and finish mid-table.

However, the difference now....is.....the good results are in the past and the not so good result is the present.

Losing a manager of Sturrocks ability will effect the team, we will get worse without him.....and to be honest that worries me. All the previous results where from a different 'era' where as Carlisle is from this 'era' and the sooner this era ends and the new one beings the better because we cant afford to keep getting results like we did today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:40:48 »

soapy tit wank @ this thread. Is it a full moon or something.

I'll tell you who Bryne reminds me of, 'Bleo' once of Peterborough - subject to the Ron Atkinson treatment when Iffy kicked him into touch.
--
PS. Yes Fred I'm fucking angry too. There is a kind of resignation amongst fans that what will be will be, etc, etc. Maybe, but if this takeover fails ...well if you need an alibi give me a call Smiley
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:46:36 »

Quote from: "Batch"
soapy tit wank @ this thread. Is it a full moon or something.

I'll tell you who Bryne reminds me of, 'Bleo' once of Peterborough - subject to the Ron Atkinson treatment when Iffy kicked him into touch.
--
PS. Yes Fred I'm fucking angry too. There is a kind of resignation amongst fans that what will be will be, etc, etc. Maybe, but if this takeover fails ...well if you need an alibi give me a call Smiley

I think the future Mrs Tuck will provide that, when he decides which one.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2007, 23:46:38 »

Steve Bleasdale was ace, him on Big Ron Manager was quality.

Quit an hour before a game  
flammableBen

« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 00:05:11 »

Roar I'm a manatee and I'm going to eat DV.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 00:09:34 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Roar I'm a manatee and I'm going to eat DV.

finally, some logic.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:17:42 »

I'm back!

Match report: Everything's shit.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:19:57 »

fair play to you for going but i'm fucking glad i didn't bother. p.s. how was your namesakes free hat?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:20:34 »

hang on, did you do that journey in under 4 hours?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:27:34 »

3 hours 20 minutes.

And the hat's nice and cosy.

Cool
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:29:02 »

fucking hell boy, what car have you got? actually don't answer that, the plod are probably after you.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:34:28 »

A fast one. Well, I didn't speed too much. About 90mph most of the way.

Nice clear motorways all the way through  Cheesy
STFC Village

« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:38:31 »

I didn't realise we'd brought the Autobahn system over here! Wink
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:40:47 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
A fast one. Well, I didn't speed too much. About 90mph most of the way.
Nice clear motorways all the way through  Cheesy

there's something oxymoronic about that!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 01:46:42 »

Yeah, those German roads are ace.

A bit of a more detailed match report:

First 15 minutes we looked good, very good. We had the majority of posession and worked the ball nicely down the channels. I don't agree with glos_robin's post about his Sellafield mates saying we didn't know what formation we were playing, it was very much a 4-4-2 and worked well. Some nice neat interplay between Smith and McGovern down the right.

After they scored their first against the run of play it just went completely down hill. Couldn't get a foot on the ball. No town player really had a bad game, Carlisle were just far better than us.

Tozer's sending off was never a foul. He got the wrong side of his man and put his hand out, barely making contact. Carlisle forward took one hell of a tumble, as could be expected, the ref saw it and waved play on. Then the wanker linesman flagged for a foul so the ref had to apply the letter of the law and send Tozer off. Shocking decision.

Hat's off to Ash/Spencer/Dex and the rest, you certainly made some noise in the first half until one of your lot got dragged out. Although, if you're going to take your shirts off, at least be a bit imaginative and write something on your chests.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: