Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Allen (again)  (Read 7662 times)
returnofthereds

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:18:50 »

I go if he comes
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:20:41 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
Martin Allen clearly is going to split the fan base.

Assuming the takeover takes place (touch wood ,etc) id like to see us have a manager that everyone can get behind from day one.Call me niave but I have a vision of the Board ,Team and fans all working together and being as one.I see the "busy bodies" change their focus into helping the club fill the exec room and empty advertising hoarding.Id like to see a sense of community return to the club thats why the appointment of the next manager is so crucial and not just for footballing reasons

great post. we can but hope
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:20:47 »

We'll cope I'm sure.
Red Len

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:29:36 »

According to a mate who was at the Brentford Luton game on Tuesday, the fans were continually chanting for Martin Allen, despite him walking out when he knew things were going tits, he is still considered a god there.
Grade A cunt for sure, but a motivator who brings the best out of his players COULD be just what's needed. If you also consider Ince is about to get the Derby job of the back of what Allen did at Dons, then maybe just maybe.....actually nah, fuck him! Cotterill for me.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:31:11 »

mad dog would win fans over here
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:31:21 »

Quote from: "Red Len"
According to a mate who was at the Brentford Luton game on Tuesday, the fans were continually chanting for Martin Allen, despite him walking out when he knew things were going tits, he is still considered a god there.
Grade A cunt for sure, but a motivator who brings the best out of his players COULD be just what's needed. If you also consider Ince is about to get the Derby job of the back of what Allen did at Dons, then maybe just maybe.....actually nah, fuck him! Cotterill for me.

Errrrrr Paul Jewell is Derby's new manager Cheesy
Red Len

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:34:15 »

I mean't WAS not is.....honestly!  Oops
sonic youth

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:36:02 »

i think yeovil is spot on, allen would split the fans big time - is it worth it?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 13:36:54 »

Allen – I hate the bloke, he’s always been weird with STFC, he’s never even won promotion.. A swaggering talentless cockney who gets by on mouthing off and bullying rather than achieving results. No thanks.

Cotterill is a good coach, knows the lower leagues and has always worked on a limited budget, he’s a decent bloke and is a local lad (Gloucestershire) and wouldn’t demand sky high wages. Surely the number one choice.
Lumps

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:08:59 »

I don't want someone who's "good in the lower leagues"!  It was partly why I was a bit uncomfortable with Sturrock.

I'm fucking sick of thinking that all the club can aspire to is a journeyman manager who'll put together a journeyman team that will play fucking boring football that might drag us into the fucking Division 3 playoffs.  :evil:

I want the same feeling I had when we appointed Macari and Ossie and Hoddle.

I know that the only fucking hope we've got of getting someone like that is that the takeover goes through, but the only fucking hope we've got of surviving at all is the takeover going through.

So for me, shelve the whole idea of recruiting anyone for the time being, wait for Fitton to get his feet under the desk, sort out the outstanding financial mess, and then go out and show a bit more ambition in looking for a manager.

In those circumstances I think we stand a chance of getting someone who ticks a few of the requirement boxes. Those being:

Someone who will get the fans excited again
Someone with a dedication to playing exciting attacking passing football
Someone with a serious attitude to the technical aspects of coaching

The only man I can think of that does it is Lingy.

With Fitton in charge and maybe a budget to spend in the January window there might be chance.

But fuck me I don't think I can be bothered to care anymore if we hand out a three year contract to the likes of Cotterill or Allen or worse Taylor or Chalkie just to aviod any compensation payment.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:36:21 »

So all you want is a manager who will send us flying back up though the leagues whilst playing sexy football eh Lumps.

As for good in the lower leagues, what leagues has Ling got expeirence of again? And where has coterill been for the last 2/3 years? your entite post contradicts itself mate.
Lumps

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:48:05 »

No it doesn't.

Ling isn't being talked up because "he's good in the lower leagues".

I know he's been there and done that, but that's a bonus.

I know I want a lot but I'm just sick of us being a piddling lower league team. That's what we were when I started watching us and it's just as shit now.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 15:28:20 »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 15:30:52 »

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 15:38:18 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: