Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holt: There is no trouble  (Read 4630 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:33:07 »

BOB Holt has hit out at claims that Swindon Town Football Club are in the last chance saloon' and that their future is in the balance.

Speculation that the Inland Revenue and the club's creditors are on the brink of winding the club up is wide of the mark, according to Holt.

The Town director, pictured below, was desperate to reassure fans that, as far as he was concerned, the Andrew Fitton-led takeover deal was still very much on course and the club's commitments to its creditors were being honoured.

advertisement
"Contrary to some reports, it is not a case of this being the last chance saloon for the club, far from it, we are still busy serving drinks.

"We have a good relationship with the Inland Revenue, we are in constant dialogue with them and the creditors and, unless anyone knows anything different, they are still being patient with us because they want their money.

"They have been kept fully informed with all developments in the takeover and although it is running slightly slower than expected, we are not aware that they are losing patience with us. We are working to deadlines agreed with them and they are giving us every opportunity to make this deal go through."

While speculation mounted this week that Fitton's takeover bid had hit a stumbling block, Holt moved quickly to dispell the reports.

"The fans should not worry," added Holt. "I want to reassure them that everything is still on track. There is nothing for them to worry about.

"As I have said before a standard contract has been submitted and lots of elements of it will be crossed out and some will be contenious but that is only natural for a business deal of this nature. Both parties want the best deal they can get.

"There is nothing to worry about unless Mr Fitton has had a change of heart, which as far as I am aware, is not the case."

Holt also revealed that Town have a back-up plan if they encounter the worst-case scenario and the current takeover bid fails.

"If Mr Fitton does have a change of heart we have a back-up plan," added Holt. "The Wills family are already looking into alternative funding should things go wrong and we are desperate. However, we obviously hope that does not happen and we are still confident of this takeover deal going through."

10:21am today

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/display.var.1853969.0.we_are_not_in_trouble_holt.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:35:39 »

Ha ha we have a back up plan.  4 tickets to Zimbabwe!!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:46:31 »

Why Bob, why?

Where on earth did this come from.  Is there a mythical paper that keeps producing reports on our club that nobody else bar the Board get to see?

Why the need to bring up a line about Fitton changing his mind, but as far as you know he hasn't?

Why can't someone, even if it's the Receptionist, just stop people gettng through to this man for comments.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:50:53 »

Riiiiiight, so if the takeover doesn't go ahead then we won't get wound up because Bob Holt said so.

Pull the fucking other one.
dell boy

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:51:14 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Why Bob, why?

Where on earth did this come from.  Is there a mythical paper that keeps producing reports on our club that nobody else bar the Board get to see?

Why the need to bring up a line about Fitton changing his mind, but as far as you know he hasn't?

Why can't someone, even if it's the Receptionist, just stop people gettng through to this man for comments.

Yes
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:55:39 »

Contrary to some reports, it is not a case of this being the last chance saloon for the club, far from it, we are still busy serving drinks.

So buying a club is like running a bar?  I thought it was like buying a house?  I'm confused :?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:58:35 »

Some people have bars in their homes though.  Pat Butcher (the eastender, not the town end steward) has one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 10:59:39 »

They really think we're stupid don't they?
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:02:58 »

Nothing to see, move along.

Doesn't bode well does it.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:04:39 »

Other funding, what other funding FFS?

Why cant this clown keep his gob shut
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:05:14 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Some people have bars in their homes though.  Pat Butcher (the eastender, not the town end steward) has one.

Of course. Buying a football club is like buying a house with a bar. Its a good job Bob is here to make things easy to understand for us plebs with his incisive analogies
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:07:37 »

Is this a fully operational Bar with pumps etc, or are we talking one of those dodgy 1970's cocktail style bars which just hold a few bottles of spirits?

I have a home bar in so far as I have barrell with pumps etc but the room it is in has not been properly converted in line with building regs.  When it comes to selling it I won't be able to advertise it as having a bar, so does Holt think this could be a similar problem?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:10:42 »

I keep a selection of alcoholic beverage's in my fridge, which in a hotel would
be a mini bar. Doe's this count?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:14:04 »

Maybe he didn't mean alcoholic drinks?? Maybe buying a football club is like buying a lemonade stall... He's too vague. I think this subject needs to be clarified.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 11:16:21 »

If there are any hold ups it's down to the Wills lot. Fitton has made a formal offer. If they say yes it all happens, if they say no it's off. Most likely they are busy inserting a few clauses hoping that Fitton won't notice. Like thay did with the fans consortium prior to any due dilligence, like they did with BEST.
Holt's statement has me seriously worried. To the extent that I now believe we will hear bad news shortly.. (After the game on Sat obviously)
BTW, I have no evidence of this other than the fact that when ever Holt say anything the opposite is usually the case.

From the Dark Side
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: