Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "What should be done about shit ref's" thread.  (Read 3701 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:07:50 »

Well.

It appears as though todays ref was at best incompetent, and at worst bias. Could well have cost us a point or maybe even 3.

We can rant and rave and even in the very very unlikely event of an apology from the FA, it is still points lost which could potentially see us miss out on the playoffs at the end of the season.

Manager's are not allowed to say anything about them at all, and so "Quality control" is purely down to the FA.

The thing that angers me is that this is "only" STFC in "only" a lower leauge game which won't anger many people other than us, and will therefore be swept under the carpet.

TOSSERS
magic8ball

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:10:28 »

I can completely understand where you're coming from.

However, this isn't the first time this has happened for Swindon, or any other team for that matter.

Its a very sad fact of football, but I see very little that can be done about it.
magic8ball

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:11:11 »

Oh, apart from lining up all the shit refs and taking to their kneecaps with sledgehammers.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:17:23 »

What actually happens to a ref after a perfomance like that??

In terms of discipliniary action I mean.
magic8ball

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:25:33 »

I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if they had no system in place for the lower leagues, and only took matters into their (the FA) hands when it comes to a Premier League match, because nobody cares about League 1 do they.

Having listened to his post-match interview, I don't think Luggy will put in a complaint, so its not really an issue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:29:46 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if they had no system in place for the lower leagues, and only took matters into their (the FA) hands when it comes to a Premier League match, because nobody cares about League 1 do they.

Having listened to his post-match interview, I don't think Luggy will put in a complaint, so its not really an issue.

Because he can't, that's the point innit!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 17:33:14 »

If you were at the game, request the assessor's report from the FA.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 18:28:46 »

After the Chelse Everton debacle, I think that the FA cannot defend taking action, provided the fans who were at the game send written complaints to the FA being very specific about the incidents, while contacting the media to ensure that it is in the news that the FA is receiving a barrage of legitimate complaints.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 18:41:50 »

Although I wasn't at the game, I think I get the drift.

However, the thing I like best about Luggy is that he never moans about referees.  Even today, "I'd rather talk about the football......".  Dignity and class.  I'm sure his private reaction was a little different.

If referees are genuinely shit, biased or blind the relevant authorities will and do take action.

We live in a culture where it's usually someone else's fault.  Sturrock sets us all an example: take responsibility for what you can change, don't waste your time arguing about what you cannot.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 19:28:07 »

I think it says it all that Kelvin Morton, one of the worst refs ever, ended up as a referees assessor.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 19:33:29 »

The refs have been bad at almost all the games i've been to this season.As fans we just want some consistency,but they always seem to be picky bastards who think we've paid our money to watch them and not the game :x  

Sadly it seems as if its never going to change,no matter how we rant about it,just have to hope we get some dodgy decisions go our way,which i'm sure they will Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
jim

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 20:08:23 »

For what its worth, listening to Radio Leeds on the way back, Eddie Gray said the ref was poor, their penalty was at best debatable and he thought the ref was influenced by the crowd and that Swindons penalty shout was a much better bet than was Leeds.

And - what happened to the 4 minutes added on?
jim

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 20:08:23 »

For what its worth, listening to Radio Leeds on the way back, Eddie Gray said the ref was poor, their penalty was at best debatable and he thought the ref was influenced by the crowd and that Swindons penalty shout was a much better bet than was Leeds.

And - what happened to the 4 minutes added on?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 21:25:21 »

The linesman , who was five yards away, flagged for handball, but not for a penalty.

The ref was yards away in a much worse position to tell whether it was inside or outside the box, gave the penalty immediately.

He gave us nothing all afternoon.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 22:38:09 »

Agree it appears teams going to Elland road are playing against 14 men!!

Ref gave us nothing all afternoon, blatant pen not given and a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Cant see them losing a home game all season based on the officials performances. I know we aint been the only ones "conned" either looking at what happned to Leyton orient a few weeks back
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: