Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "What should be done about shit ref's" thread.  (Read 3700 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 23:21:58 »

the goal was disallowed for handball. Coxy in another of his "hand of god " moments. It wasn't a goal.

But the ref was ridiculously biased, every little decision went Leeds way.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 01:44:40 »

I've just seen the highlights on SSN. I know its not the same as being there, but FWIW, here's my opinion.

1. The ball clearly hit Aljofree's arm INSIDE the area. It looked to me like he just raised his hands to protect his face and the ball hit it. 50% of refs wouldn't give it, but it looked like the ref had a clear view of something and proceeded to be a sheep and followed the home fans claims. Harsh decision, but I could see why it was given.

2. It looked to me like Coxy used his hand to palm the ball in the goal. Difficult to see clearly from the TV angle, but I've watched it several times and I'm more and more convinced he used some part of his hand/arm to deflect the ball into the net.

Harsh, robbed, cheated, whatever term you want. It doesn't fucking matter, its done now and we've lost. We'll beat them at the CG, and hopefully I'll be there.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 11:00:02 »

Ref's are shit, fact.

Get used to it, it's not going to change.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 11:03:23 »

That's true... But having such a biased ref is frustrating.

Ah well, it's done now, we played well and we'll probably thump Rovers next week anyway  
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 14:24:44 »

Ok. We can't change anything by moaning but I'm so pissed off I'm gonna do it anyway.

I don't ever remember seeing that many players booked in a game fro mthe same team, and some of them were for tiny little offences worthy of nothing more than a blow of the whistle and carrying on.

Kandol tried to headbutt one of our players but the ref ignored it. One of their players booted the ball across the pitch and got nothing more than a ticking off, and there were also some dodgy tackles flying in from Leeds which went without a card.

I won't complain about the penalty, and for what its worth the goal was actually disallowed for offside (the ref did the whole pretending to draw a line signal). Just needed to get it off my chest...again
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 16:25:01 »

i thought it was a definite penalty, couldn't see what was happening with our disallowed goal but the bloke next to me was adamant the ref only disallowed it when their fans kicked up a fuss...

the ref was atrocious, eight bookings (7 for us, 1 for them) in a game that wasn't dirty is ridiculous. it's too easy for refs to hand out yellow cards as they don't deal with the reprecussions. we've had one decent ref this season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 17:38:26 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i thought it was a definite penalty, couldn't see what was happening with our disallowed goal but the bloke next to me was adamant the ref only disallowed it when their fans kicked up a fuss...

the ref was atrocious, eight bookings (7 for us, 1 for them) in a game that wasn't dirty is ridiculous. it's too easy for refs to hand out yellow cards as they don't deal with the reprecussions. we've had one decent ref this season.
I'm more concerned about the balance of cards rather than the number. Ok some against us were harsh but if he'd booked their players for the same offences it would have been ok. As it was he just let them do what the hell they liked
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 17:57:50 »

agreed, stonewall penalty, can't bleat about that one.

the one that narked me was when that cunt booted the ball away, he got his book out then put it away again! bottled all 50:50 decisions and gave them all the 60:40 swindon one's too, crazy
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 18:01:19 »

Yeah it's actually a madatory booking for that. The funniest/ angriest moment for me was when that Leeds player handled it in the D, then fouled Ifil, then Ifil ran off with the ball and the ref gave Leeds a free kick.

What was that all about?

He did bottle it.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 18:09:37 »

And the Leeds player who thought he got fouled, picked the ball up, placed it down for a free kick - all BEFORE the ref blew for the free kick.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 18:20:36 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

I'm more concerned about the balance of cards rather than the number. Ok some against us were harsh but if he'd booked their players for the same offences it would have been ok. As it was he just let them do what the hell they liked

Agreed 100%. Spot on dude.
lebowski

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 19:18:40 »

we lost.

get over it.

bristol rovers next.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 19:24:29 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
I'm a cock

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 19:26:59 »

The linesman had his flag up for offside instantly for our disallowed 'goal'.  It may also have been handball, don't know, but the flag was up for offside, rather than foul play.

The ref was generally a cunt (talk sport bloke ageed that we'd been robbed).

Leeds fans very quiet, unimaginative and poor.

Team played well, and we sang a lot (second half).

Road signs in Leeds are pointless at best, misleading at worst.  We saw one road sign that just said 'Leeds' on it...we were in fucking Leeds you twats, where is the bloody M1??! :evil:

Can't stand Leeds, but I'll be back again next year as we roll on to the League 1 title.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 19:27:21 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "lebowski"
I'm a cock

hehehehehehe

i've nothing else to say about the ref that hasn't been said already. he was awful but that's one of the factors that's annoyingly in football though isn't it?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: