Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: unexpected celeb encounters  (Read 44574 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:32:35 »

Ralph was sat next to sloth from the goonies yesterday
fatbasher

« Reply #301 on: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 19:51:55 »

Chatted with Johnny Briggs (aka Mike Baldwin) in the check in queue @ Orlando airport. Mick Jagger and I eye balled each other at Heathrow. Richard Stapleton and Gregg dyke had a conversation with me in the directors box at Brentford a few seasons ago. Keith Floyd chatted to me in the now closed DIY shop in Faringdon a few years ago.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any. 
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 10:04:57 »

Does STFC's very own Shaun Skinner count as a celeb?  Hmmm

Far too many from the footballing world to mention, especially Forest, although did meet Brian Clough twice, the first time I asked for an autograph and he invited me in to his office, and the second I asked for an autograph for a friend and he told me to fook off!

Met Graham Taylor when he was Wolves manager, I was doing work experience with the Adver back in 95 and went with the journo to Wolves v Swindon game, last game of the 94/95 season I think, and we had a brief discussion afterwards, he was a tad dull though!

I seem to recall Kris Akabussi coming to New College too for some reason around 94/95 time?

Once saw Roy Keane smacked outside a Nottingham nightclub for being a mouthy cnut.

Also once saw Prince Naseem Ahmed get refused entry to a Nottingham nightclub for wearing jeans, despite his "do you know how I am" tirade.

Recently saw Les Dennis and family at a light steam railway in Skipton, met him before though about 15 years ago at Central TV in Nottingham, he was in the canteen with Jim Bowen, and Freddie Starr walked in and started verbally ripping in to Dennis and Bowen verbally like you've never seen before.  Those two did not know where the hell to put themselves.

Randomly bumped in to Anthony Daniels (C3PO actor) in a hotel in Disney World, Florida.  He was there for the Star Wars weekends they hold every year, and normally you have to queue up just to get a pass to get a chance to meet him, not me though, a picture later and I took great pride in telling those nerdy Yanks who had been disappointed that they couldn't meet him that I already had, and that I'd been on the new Star Wars 3D ride before it had opened!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:03:55 by westyorksnffc » Logged

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:05:46 »

Had a 5 hour meeting with Deborah Meaden from Dragon's Den last Wednesday

What a lovely woman she is !!!!

Wise men say........
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:09:49 »

Had a 5 hour meeting with Deborah Meaden from Dragon's Den last Wednesday

What a lovely woman she is !!!!

Really Huh?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:28:59 »

A few years ago we spent a week at Val de Lobo, and when checking in we were behind Ronald Koeman in the queue.

Did you tell him it should have been a red card?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 12:04:13 »

Had a cup of tea with Cleo Lane and Johny Dankworth years back,also a gin and tonic with Jim Davidson,also a good chinwag with Glenn Hoddle at the golf at Wentworth where he was with Ruud Gullit who was attracting woman like bees at a honey pot, and delivered a few weeks back to Dan Snow's house where we had a good chinwag about Swindon and the Supermarine factory as he was doing a project on the Spitfire at the time.
The nicest person i have met was probably Barbara Windsor while delivering in Covent Garden,she was there with her boyfriend but still had the time to stop and have a chinwag.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 13:29:41 »

Did you tell him it should have been a red card?

No I didn't.
To be honest didn't realise it was him until he was walking away

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 13:38:36 »

Really Huh?

Yeah absolutely - she was lovely - and very clued up !

Wise men say........
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 15:16:28 »

Madonna in a shop on Marlybone High Street. She's quite small in real life and I wouldn't have noticed her other than the fact that her security guy was absolutely enormous and not doing a very good job of keeping a low profile. She looked stunning for her age.
DMR

« Reply #310 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 15:18:04 »

Had a cup of tea with Cleo Lane and Johny Dankworth years back,also a gin and tonic with Jim Davidson,also a good chinwag with Glenn Hoddle at the golf at Wentworth where he was with Ruud Gullit who was attracting woman like bees at a honey pot, and delivered a few weeks back to Dan Snow's house where we had a good chinwag about Swindon and the Supermarine factory as he was doing a project on the Spitfire at the time.
The nicest person i have met was probably Barbara Windsor while delivering in Covent Garden,she was there with her boyfriend but still had the time to stop and have a chinwag.

For future reference, there are other colloquial terms out there beyond 'chinwag'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 15:58:16 »

Just seen Lukas Magera - ok not really a celebrity.

Anyone else think he looks like this?

[url width=300 height=300]http://www.johnbarber.com/desperate-dan.jpg[/url]
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 16:57:51 »

Just seen Lukas Magera - ok not really a celebrity.
[Desparate Dan removed]
Anyone else think he looks like this?

Well, um, no. For a start he's about 20 stone lighter than DD. I'd wager Magera has never seen a cow pie in his life.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 16:59:32 »

I've only seen him play twice, but i wouldn't say he was any lighter than DD, he has the physique of a darts player.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, October 10, 2011, 17:27:58 »

On my way to work to Chippenham a few months ago, Wayne Hemingway was sat a few seats away from me on the train, with his PA.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: