Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan  (Read 11598 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 09:41:16 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

Do you believe everything your mum tells you?

I am sorry but that is just comedy gold.

I love you KT you snowboarding genius kind of chap

Thanks Fred, I assure you it's mutual...

It just seemed to me that Toni's argument about Wise was so matter of fact without any reasoning behind it that it must have come from someone else.
fatbury

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 09:52:38 »

Blimey this one has kicked off a bit hasnt it ....

At the end of the day the following is true .. (Cos i said it so there!)

Smith and Brez are both quality keepers .. Smith hasnt been shit he has been one of our better players .. is playing at the top of his form and is still (i think!) about 23/24. Brez has been rusty since his broken arm (prob a lack of confidence as well due to the injury) but is still a quality keeper .. give him time (I think Smith's injury will ensure he gets this). I think taking all things into account Brez on top form is the better keeper but is slightly older so long term maybe Smith will be better than him .. time will tell

Re Sturrock and Wise .. they are both excellent managers with their own unique styles .. you cant argue with their records.

To be fair to Wise his teams play a bit more football and I prefer him as a person to Sturrock (I dont blame him for leaving with what was going on and he stayed longer than he had to!).. BUT you cant argue with Sturrocks record on results and I think we have done pretty well so far even with the last 2 poor results. He annoys me a bit with his sticking up for the board but they are his employers I guess.

Re why Leeds are above us even with minus 15 points is mainly due to the fact they have crowds of 20.000 plus meaning more money for wages and bonuses ...

On another point ... I think people have got a bit personal about other people on here which is a but unkind as we all support Swindon at the end of the day .. and we should all be allowed our opinion even if it is the wrong one .. personal abuse is unacceptable and I feel some people have crossed over the line on this thread .. mods take note

there you go .. lock this one now!! arguments are over Wink
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 09:55:36 »

Aren't smith and brez both about 27/28.

And i think that when we get going under sturrock, we play much better than we did under wise. Wise was route 1, sturrock likes using wide players a bit more, and is generally more exciting.

Things get better but they never get good
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 09:55:59 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

On another point ... I think people have got a bit personal about other people on here which is a but unkind as we all support Swindon at the end of the day .. and we should all be allowed our opinion even if it is the wrong one .. personal abuse is unacceptable and I feel some people have crossed over the line on this thread .. mods take note

Ooooohhhhhh   Toni's knight in shining armour

*swoon*
fatbury

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:00:46 »

it was just a general point Fred .. not being a white knight!
McLovin

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:02:15 »

I refrained from calling her an idiot, despite what i actually think...
Lumps

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:26:55 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
Toni, do you actually watch any of the games? You form some of the weirdest theories this side of Fatbury...

She was sat 3 seats along from me on Saturday.

How she can concentrate on the game with her mum bellowing every 2 mins is beyond me

Wink

Toni

Look at the wink

NEVER underestimate the power of the wink

I was taking the piss, dont have an eppy about it love

Hey Hey Hey.......it's great to be able to use that expression safe in the knowledge that the PC police can't have a pop at you!

Can you believe I was once asked if I was offended by the use of the phrase "brainstorm" during an awayday at work. They had to explain to me where the phrase originated. I'd never even thought about it.
spacey

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:30:40 »

Quote from: "Lumps"

Can you believe I was once asked if I was offended by the use of the phrase "brainstorm" during an awayday at work. They had to explain to me where the phrase originated. I'd never even thought about it.

If you could call it a 'Thought shower' from now on please!
neville w

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 10:47:39 »

Quote from: "Toni"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "tans"
Were all passionate about the game. Especially Fatbury.

Phil Smith is ace - Fact.

If Brez was that good Everton would have signed him after his trial. But did they? No.

The last 2 games our Czech mate has been at fault for one of the goals.
he's slovakian, not a czech.

toni - shut up, you couldn't be more wrong.

personally i don't think there's much between smith and brez

Thats why Dennis Wise is above us in the table is it? and thats after the 15 point deduction! Obviously proves who the better manager is.

Well, if you're going on statistics Wise is actually 100% losing since Poyet left. Bringing in Bassett (Dave, not Wootton) will provide a good yardstick. Wise didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Leeds last season did he ?
Lumps

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 11:10:18 »

Quote from: "spacey"

If you could call it a 'Thought shower' from now on please!

That's the fellah!I hadn't realised this bollocks was quite so widespread.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 11:41:08 »

What's the origins of Brainstorm then?  Is it to do with orphaned mentally retarded Romanians with lisps?  Or it that the origin of "Blue sky" as in the "I'm just gonna blue sky this one".
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 11:52:22 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
not being a white knight!

racist Wink

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 12:27:43 »

Quote from: "janaage"
What's the origins of Brainstorm then?  Is it to do with orphaned mentally retarded Romanians with lisps?  Or it that the origin of "Blue sky" as in the "I'm just gonna blue sky this one".

According to te (n)ever reliable wikkipedia, it was though to be offensive to epileptics. Apparently though, it's probably an urban myth.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 12:31:02 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
Toni, do you actually watch any of the games? You form some of the weirdest theories this side of Fatbury...

She was sat 3 seats along from me on Saturday.

How she can concentrate on the game with her mum bellowing every 2 mins is beyond me

Wink

Toni

Look at the wink

NEVER underestimate the power of the wink

I was taking the piss, dont have an eppy about it love

Hey Hey Hey.......it's great to be able to use that expression safe in the knowledge that the PC police can't have a pop at you!

You were the only one to pick up on it Lumps
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 12:53:36 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Aren't smith and brez both about 27/28.

Both Smithy and Brez were born in 1979 so yes you are correct.

Smith - 14/12/79
Brez - 9/12/79

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: