Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The End of the Affair  (Read 8434 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 08:57:15 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I didn't go today (or Cheltenham in the mickey mouse cup) and sorry to say I didn't miss it.  I've kind of decided to take a break from it for a while, voting with my feet if you like.

Home games have lost the appeal, maybe I'll go to a few away games instead.  The politics and board have diminshed my enjoyment of match days, shame really.

Sorry to hear about the bans fellas, absolutely disgusting way to treat supporters.

You're not alone, Jan.  I wasn't there yesterday either.  I was getting updates from my brother and the goal sounded a cracker, but I'm not getting the 'right, get up & go to football' feeling I used to get on Saturday mornings.

I've also spent far too much time spouting off on internet forums, and to be honest I'm starting to realise there's bugger all point to that as well.  I think I'm just going to give the whole thing a rest for a while.  If the boardroom squatters do eventually leave and there's more than a carcass left for us to support after they've gone, then I'm sure I'll be back one day.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 09:03:05 »

Too many people seem to be talking about things without getting them done, which is why the majority of the 'spouting off' is ineffective.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:01:59 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
It wasn't just you 2 Yeovil, to quote the head of security when he was talking to my dad before the game.
'We've got about a million banning orders because of last Tuesday'
I can give a name if anyone wants it.

i spoke to one of the guys who lives across from us who's a steward in a the arkells...he said they had two picked out for banning following the paintpot cup.

not the most interesting piece of info ever, but it proves they knew what they were doing and didn't turn up saturday morning and have a vote on whether to ban you guys

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:04:39 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
It wasn't just you 2 Yeovil, to quote the head of security when he was talking to my dad before the game.
'We've got about a million banning orders because of last Tuesday'
I can give a name if anyone wants it.

i spoke to one of the guys who lives across from us who's a steward in a the arkells...he said they had two picked out for banning following the paintpot cup.

not the most interesting piece of info ever, but it proves they knew what they were doing and didn't turn up saturday morning and have a vote on whether to ban you guys

knew who they were looking for more like. Fucking disgrace it is.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:05:12 »

oh yes...and apparently there was someone from betfair there yesterday

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:07:24 »

did you get that info off the same person bennett?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:14:56 »

What happened to Mex and Yeovil is out of order.  As far as the ginger retarded steward goes I will be kicking up a stink about that. Not just because mex is a mate but also because this idiot shouldn't be able to get away with making a comment like that about anyone when he is supposed to be there for people's safety. What a cunt.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:15:44 »

p.s dv what is his address, might get a ton of horse manure dumped on his drive.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 13:43:38 »

Its fucking out of order - fuming, Mex is the supporter of the year, he drives from Brighton (a phone call would of been nice) and ploughs money via sponsorship into the club.

Yeovil has been going for years as well, whatva  fucking joke.

Swindon Town is a fucking joke and I for one am considering erasing it from my life.

Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:32:42 »

Im just furious.
I wont be giving them anymore of my money.
I dont think either of these guys have done anything wrong so i hope it will be taken further as in my opinion they are innocent.
Spencer_White

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 16:34:12 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Its fucking out of order - fuming, Mex is the supporter of the year, he drives from Brighton (a phone call would of been nice) and ploughs money via sponsorship into the club.

Yeovil has been going for years as well, whatva  fucking joke.

Swindon Town is a fucking joke and I for one am considering erasing it from my life.

No you are not.

I would have to say that bad as this is, the treatment of the standing supporters who were thrown out (like Andy Ings) was equally as bad. This is a shoddy business. I wouldnt take it too personally.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 17:40:30 »

Cheesy

Certainly wouldnt expect anyone even to consider not going,I wouldnt stop if it were the other way around to be honest.

I reckon I could get in the Nationwide if I kept quiet
but as a matter of principle I wont be trying.Its quite liberating,the perfect excuse not bother until the current so and so's are gone with the added joy of doing a few away games I normally wouldnt be arsed with Cheesy

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 17:45:29 »

Has mex or you got the media involved?

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 17:53:56 »

You should both go to the adver. Nice little head line. "Fan of the Year banned from CG".

To be honest, and shameful, I haven't been to one home game all season. I know its bad, but the whole saturday thing has lost its appeal to me. Away games, meeting in the pub, are where its at. I shold get back into going again..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Spencer_White

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 17:55:41 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
Cheesy

Certainly wouldnt expect anyone even to consider not going,I wouldnt stop if it were the other way around to be honest.

I reckon I could get in the Nationwide if I kept quiet
but as a matter of principle I wont be trying.Its quite liberating,the perfect excuse not bother until the current so and so's are gone with the added joy of doing a few away games I normally wouldnt be arsed with Cheesy

That is the way to see it. There are a lot of fans outraged at this, many also on the thisisstfc board. But I think it will all blow over relatively quickly. Andy Ings got the Adver involved, and Im sure they would love to cover it, because after all they are just as much victims of the clubs policy, perhaps much more so. Anyone remmember when they banned the WDP for something or other? They do this because they are afraid of the truth. Its a weakness, not a strength. You may not want to get them involved, quite understandably.

My advise to anyone else who they try this on is to refuse to take the letter. The club chief officer (Doyle) does a good blag, goes to get on his radio etc, makes it look like he's going to get the police involved (hes an ex bobbie himself). But they cant do nothing, and he knows it. Just walk away. If they turn you away next game, then fair enough, but refuse the letter again, go back to the pub.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: