Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Former Players  (Read 4182 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:32:41 »

I know its a long shot but is it worth trying to get a couple of former players who live locally to join us for the Tranmere match in the walking protest from town? i know Mex was interviewed with Alan McLaughlin, I know Phil King wouldnt do it as he isnt into the politics and all that but maybe someone knows some ex players? Probably a stupid idea but would give more weight behind the cause?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:34:48 »

Ben wells and sean o'hanlon are always around asda, i could go ask them?

Things get better but they never get good
red macca

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:34:59 »

I will ask fjortoft and don rogers
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:39:05 »

I'll ask Joey Beauchamp.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:39:09 »

The idea is to show what the club means to fans and players careers but yes a daft idea by me... not my first and def not my last.
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:41:49 »

Not daft at all mate i will ask them. Is it not worth maybe trying to get Don Rogers to do a interveiw hopefully he will back the protest. May sound stupid but maybe he will appeal to the older town fans out their
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:44:40 »

Quote from: "red macca"
May sound stupid but maybe he will appeal to the older town fans out their

Quite agree.

People listen to folk they admire.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:44:42 »

I won't ask them, but it is a good idea.

Things get better but they never get good
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:53:42 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
The idea is to show what the club means to fans and players careers but yes a daft idea by me... not my first and def not my last.

FWIW I also think its a good idea.

Needs to be recognised figures though, although youth teamers can join in if they wish!
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:01:01 »

Rogers would be a good shout, Not sure if liams dad Tom Jones is available. Its just about raising the profile etc a bit more. Doubt Andy Rowland would get involved due to him being full time pub landlord, I think he has packed in the football all together. Shame we couldn’t get Lou Macari down. It would have to be people away from the game now due to work commitments. John Trollope may be a good shout but due to his age I think he has a few problems walking but could be wrong. He is youth coach at Wolves right now but again appeals to older people. People who are not in the internet age etc who otherwise wouldn’t know, These are the people we need to aim for somehow.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:03:28 »

Also we have to reiterate etc to players, OB anyone else it is a peaceful protest in order for us to have any chance of higher profile figures and so the older people dont get the impression "its a load of kids out to cause trouble"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:04:23 »

i dont think x players will want to rock the boat.alan mac didn't get involved did he?!
most wont really have much idea what is going on anyway
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:13:49 »

Just an idea to chuck around, Alan Maclaughlin just commented on the situation, didn’t say which side of the fence he was on. I dare say no players will really want to rock the boat, just an idea really.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:14:41 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Rogers would be a good shout, Not sure if liams dad Tom Jones is available. Its just about raising the profile etc a bit more. Doubt Andy Rowland would get involved due to him being full time pub landlord, I think he has packed in the football all together. Shame we couldn’t get Lou Macari down. It would have to be people away from the game now due to work commitments. John Trollope may be a good shout but due to his age I think he has a few problems walking but could be wrong. He is youth coach at Wolves right now but again appeals to older people. People who are not in the internet age etc who otherwise wouldn’t know, These are the people we need to aim for somehow.

If you are going to get an ex player, John Trollope would be ideal. Record league appearances, MBE to his name. I think he lives in Highworth, and he is only mid-sixties...which isn't that old really!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 15:17:26 »

Fatbury could get in touch through his great mate Paul...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: