Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Someone tell Pook...  (Read 3523 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:05:42 »

ha ha -  so did my dad, but I think the keeper was caught napping because it was an opportunist hit - Blair shot quicker than the keeper expected him to. Still, he should have dealt with it. Shame we couldn't get the equaliser, I really thought we would.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:07:34 »

We had our chances but didn't take them.
I was disappointed with some of JP's crossing, very poor.

Zaboub on the other hand put a fair few good balls in.

Blair isn't anywhere near the standard we need.  He njust doesnt seem to have a strikers brain and its always a second too slow in making the run for flick ons/through balls.  Beaten every time.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:09:22 »

Not sure if it's the brain, just think he lacks the strength of say, paynter, and the speed of cox. But agreed, I'm not sure if he's up to the standard required. Saw Barry Corr last night, he'll be back soon n all.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:11:15 »

Yeah I saw Corr too.

Blair wise, he just seems to look gawmless when the ball comes anywhere near him and doesn't really seem to know what to do from a strikers point of view.  Seems keener to lay it off to someone else and sit back a bit too much.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:11:51 »

where were you sat then lady?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:12:44 »

blairs alright from the bench to run at tired defences.we all know what we get from him now 100% application and effort but the final strike and lack of physical presence is his let down.

i'd still pick him before mohamhead who offers nothing imo,and he doesn't desrve to get booed
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:12:55 »

Our whole defence was a shambles.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:13:15 »

Quote from: "juddie"
where were you sat then lady?

Arkells first half, up top as left it too late to get decent seats

2nd half just behind the family area to the left of the box.
Toni

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:26:51 »

I think Blair is ok. He just lacks speed. I also agree with Juddie that Pook wasn't good at all last night.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:37:33 »

The Beast and the Cock was sat in front of us for the first half but they didn't come back for the second - lucky old them!
Spud

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:41:45 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
The Beast and the Cock was sat in front of us for the first half but they didn't come back for the second - lucky old them!

Just goes to prove that not all Footballers are thick.
West Country LaLaLa

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 11:36:24 »

posted a similar comment earlier, but I thought the booing of pook was disgraceful. Fair enough people have their opinions. Express them to your mate next to you, or after the game. Don't boo your own players when they touch the ball, or blame them for goals which weren't their fault - i.e the second was not on pooks side of the pitch, or boo them when they are subbed. What the hells that going to achieve except to lessen the confidence of a player who is trying their best for the team to reach the same goals as the rest of the players, managment team and fans - to win the game.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:43:21 »

I think Blair is fine for L2 but in L1 he does seem out of his depth, Pook does not deserve to be booed, he started the season well and was getting praise, then he get's dropped and he get's stick when he plays, wouldn't surprise me to see him leave for a certain L2 team in exchange for the remainder of the fee for a certain winger we signed from them
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 17:12:19 »

Pook, Adams and Sturrock are worthless now and only bring the overall quality of our squad down.

Hell, I thought young Chris Allen did better when he came on than Pook and Adams did.

If Tozer is 'the' promising youngster, I'd hate to see our other, more average ones.

How Adver gave him MOTM I dont know.
Spud

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 17:14:32 »

Quote from: "DV"
If Tozer is 'the' promising youngster, I'd hate to see our other, more average ones.

How Adver gave him MOTM I dont know.

:shock:  :nuts:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: