Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Someone tell Pook...  (Read 3526 times)
fatbury

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:31:38 »

Wasnt questioning you as a fan Juddie but surely you must see slagging off players doesnt help them .. and Pook was by no way the worst last night ...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:33:39 »

It must be awful for pookie's family when the crowd boos, they're all townies aren't they? Thing is I'm not suggesting that he's sh*t, I'm saying I thought he was poor last night.

His distribution was dreadful. I thought the back line was poor, they really caused us problems with balls into the channels. But when we switched it round, with zabooub to left back, comminges to right and pook into misdfield, it worked better. Damage was done by then unfortunately.

McGovern was MOM by a country mile.

I hammered Blair as well and then he scored and had a header saved!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:35:59 »

Quote from: "juddie"
...we play in red.

That is all.

comminges gave the ball away far more than pook did last night.but the crowd were straight on pooks back!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:36:38 »

Why not criticise? Booing doesn't help for sure and I wouldn;t condone that, but discussing a players' performance after a game is areet in my book. If he had a good game I'd say so, but he didn;t last night.

I didn't recognise blackburn without his beard...
fatbury

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:38:12 »

I admit that Pook didnt have his best game .. but like ive said understrength team v almost first choice was always going to be like this .. why did people expect more??

Have to admit tho im a bit touchy when it comes to Pook cos I think its disgusting the treatment he gets from the fans at times ... and add to that list Sofienne, Christian Roberts and Blair Sturrock .. none of them deserve it as they ALWAYS try their best ... im sure most will agree ..doesnt always come off for them but they DO try ...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:40:40 »

second goal looked like poor postional play from blackburn.first goal pook was drawn into the middle for some reason,then a player came down their left and scored.whether pook was picking up a man in the middle at the time i dont know.if not then he is to blame for that one imo.
for me mohamhead was the worst player on the park,tozer will be a fine cb i think with experience
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:41:09 »

I thought comminges did ok? looked a lot stronger than the last time I saw him play. He got stuck in and kept it simple - he's still a bit rough around the edges but he looked very coimmitted I thought. Pook looked lost at right back got got better in midfield, but there was one pass, with his left foot across midfield, that kicked off the boos. He must get nervous every time he tocuhes the ball when that happens - I would. Booing sucks.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:43:58 »

the boos started after the first goal whenever he had the ball.they then scored again quite quickly and the boos increased in volume.
the morons are waiting for the slightest misplaced pass or anything to slate the fella.others make mistakes and they get no stick at all, ie comminges's aimless passes last night
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:47:01 »

I expected to win even with that team, I must admit. My concern was where the goals were goling to come from, Mohammed had a good chance and blair, while I think he's weaker than the likes of paynter and cox, took goal well and had a chance to equalise. But McGovern and easton are good enough to deal with cheltenham - even pook who has been a first team regular until now. The team beat brentford so why not cheltenham?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:54:19 »

one question: if we got fined for fielding a weakened team against Brentford - will we do so again for last night? and if we don't, doesn't that make a mockery of the brentford fine in the first place?
Spud

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:55:03 »

I thought Tozer was shite last night.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:57:40 »

wasn't he pretty good against brentford? if so then perhaops he deserved to start - but he and blackburn were poor last night. good experience for him tho.
fatbury

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:58:27 »

Quote from: "Spud"
I thought Tozer was shite last night.

I think you have to bear in mind hes 17 - his 2nd appearance.. playing against first choice Cheltenham forwards - behind a makeshift midfield alongside a 2nd choice centreback who didnt have an awful lot more League experience than him.

Yes he made some mistakes but did some good things too ... but Im sure hes learnt from those mistakes as a result of last night and I think in time he actually has some real potential ...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:00:51 »

he's massive for a 17 year old!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:02:47 »

Quote from: "juddie"
blair, while I think he's weaker than the likes of paynter and cox, took goal well and had a chance to equalise.

Now it's my turn to disagree  Cheesy  Blair did what he always does, gave 100%. Yes he has limitations but no complaints from me.

But his goal was one of the funniest I have seen for some time. He half scuffed a shot at about 2mph towards the keeper. I was mid "for fuck's sake" sentance when the keper kind of turned into speghetti arms at his near post letting the ball in. Even I'd have been embarassed at that one!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: