Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jim Little  (Read 12863 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 06:58:10 »

Radio Swindon reporting that Jim Little is to be appointed a director at the club and take up the day to day running at SN1.  Apparently he was previously vice-chairman at Cork City FC.  Any thoughts/knowledge?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:13:44 »

Portuguese holding companies, Jim Little, Rufus Brevett. Confused? You will be.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:30:41 »

Found this article on Jim Little - hes an investment banker

This is the full article:

Consortium takes shareholding in Cork City FC
By Ian Kehoe

A consortium led by a London-based investment banker, Jim Little, has taken a major shareholding in Cork City Football Club, one of the most successful clubs in the Eircom League of Ireland.
The deal was completed in recent weeks following several months of talks between Little and the club's chairman, Cork businessman Brian Lennox who owns two well-known fish and chip shops in Cork. Little has attended a number of the club's fixtures in recent weeks.

Lennox had been trying for some time to secure outside investment for the club, which has been struggling financially in recent years. Last year, the Revenue Commissioners took a High Court petition to wind up Cork City after it fell into tax arrears, although the matter was subsequently settled.
Lennox will continue to act as the club's chairman, although all major financial decisions will be sanctioned by Little. The two businessmen have been friends for some time. Lennox was on holidays last week and could not be reached for comment.

According to accounts just filed, Cork City had retained losses of €248,000 for the year ending November 30, 2003. During the year, the company made an after tax loss of about €160,000.
Little is the latest businessman to invest money into an Eircom League of Ireland club. Dublin property developer Garrett Kelleher recently acquired St Patrick's Athletic, one of the league's most high profile outfits.

Kelleher's company, Shelbourne Developments, is behind plans to build the tallest building in North America in the US city of Chicago. The company received approval last week from Chicago City Council to build the 2,000-foot tower designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.
Wexford property developer and builder Mick Wallace recently established his own club, Wexford Youths.
He has already spent more than €2.5 million developing a facility that includes two top-quality pitches, a number of synthetic training surfaces and a 7,500 square-foot complex complete with social area, recovery room and 4,000 square foot gymnasium.

So far this season, attendances at the Eircom League are up almost 50 per cent on this time last year, while the prize fund has significantly increased. This is the first year that the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) have direct responsibility for running the league.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:33:28 »

incidentally that was in May this year !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:36:17 »

Cork businessman Brian Lennox who owns two well-known fish and chip shops in Cork

Priceless Cool
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:50:41 »

/
W56196272
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:55:23 »

Well according to todays Adver we will be somewhere that young Portugese players will come to get some experience and we can flog on....

Sorry - maybe a little cynical here but if that is the case I can see Luggy saying fuck off ........

Anyone tries to interfere in the selection and he will be out of here like a shot....

On a brighter note Wankdroniku is "very hopeful that the money will be forwarded to him to pay the CVA"

Well all sorted then.......

Wise men say........
red macca

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:07:35 »

Sheepshagger if im honest i would say you are a bite wide of the mark in regards to sturrock "fucking off".

Sturrock has said himself he looks to buy youngsters that are "saleable assets" i cant see how it can be a bid thing.

If they are shit they dont get signed as the agents no that there is no money to be made, if they end up decent then thats good for the team which obviously helps performances then we can also make some money.

We are league one and unfortunatly every club in this league bar forest maybe will look to sell anything that can make them cash
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:10:48 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Cork businessman Brian Lennox who owns two well-known fish and chip shops in Cork

Priceless Cool

See I was right in one of my previous posts -
I knew it was that Portuguese Chippy in Highworth that was taking over!!  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:28:03 »

Best look out for one of this lot turning up then:

http://www.arkagafund.com/people.html
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:29:53 »

well Karen Young can sit next to me if she wants Smiley
red macca

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:33:48 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Best look out for one of this lot turning up then:

http://www.arkagafund.com/people.html
There alot better looking than this lot thats for sure  Cheesy

http://www.castrobrothers.com/pt/
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:38:19 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Sheepshagger if im honest i would say you are a bite wide of the mark in regards to sturrock "fucking off".

Sturrock has said himself he looks to buy youngsters that are "saleable assets" i cant see how it can be a bid thing.

If they are shit they dont get signed as the agents no that there is no money to be made, if they end up decent then thats good for the team which obviously helps performances then we can also make some money.

We are league one and unfortunatly every club in this league bar forest maybe will look to sell anything that can make them cash

Macca is right again. Forcing Sturrock to sign shite portugese players is not going to make anyone any money is it?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:21:27 »

I've found this from a Cork City fans site:

The Arkaga website is down at the moment, but you can view some of the former content via Google cache.

"
Management Team
Arkaga Capital is a team of experienced investment and business professionals. Our partners include some of the most reliable firms in the industry.

As Arkaga Capital’s Managing Partner, Jim Little oversees the fund’s operations, partnerships, and overall investment strategy. Jim is also a partner at the Arkaga Fund, our private equity firm based in London. Prior to joining Arkaga, Jim was a principal at Talos, a US-based consultancy. Over the past twelve years Jim has provided strategic planning and operations management advice to clients including Citibank, VISA, CapitalOne, and US Bank. Jim’s academic background focused on economics and finance. He holds post-graduate degrees from Johns Hopkins and Harvard Universities.

Arkaga conducts its clearing and custody with Goldman Sachs of London. Our corporate banker is Royal Bank of Scotland International (Jersey). "

"The Arkaga Capital Fund is limited to 49 investors, and a total asset value of £400,000,000." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/easy.gif) (Take that St Pats!

However then comes the interesting bit as far as i'm concerned.

"While Arkaga I provides capital to both new and mature organizations, we usually support small to medium-sized companies who are seeking capital to accelerate growth. The size of our typical investment is £3M to £5M ($5M to $8M). We usually acquire initial equity stakes of approximately 40%.
Arkaga II invests in new and existing properties for long-term returns. We typically invest £4M to £25M ($6.8M to $40M) in our portfolio properties with LTV ratios of 80-90%. In some instances, we invest through joint-ventures with other real estate development partners. "

Hmmmmmm. Jim Little and co have got around 50% right? My impressions from that would be that Brian made a "Dragons then" type pitch for additional investment based on future exponential returns.

Not that theres anything wrong with that, if we get money and expertise in and it's not a loan. Anybody think that this is a possibility?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 09:22:58 »

Oh and Aidan Tynan rolled up at Cork City
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: