Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: shit hits the fan today  (Read 7270 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:15:05 »

Yes but theres a difference between forums/media speculation and what really goes on.

Who are these investors going to believe?  The crock of shite on the internet or what STFC are telling them? (Probably also a crock of shite but they arent to know that yet are they!)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:18:40 »

This is all begining to hurt my head.

I long for the day when we can just concentrate on supporting a football team instead of watching the unnecessary soap opera that seems to be ongoing at the CG.
neville w

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:31:41 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Yes but theres a difference between forums/media speculation and what really goes on.

Who are these investors going to believe?  The crock of shite on the internet or what STFC are telling them? (Probably also a crock of shite but they arent to know that yet are they!)

They've had 5 weeks of "due diligence". If they haven't turned up this nugget, there's really no hope.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:33:09 »

It's on the adver site now.

Happy days :?

It's All Good..............
el duque

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:39:46 »

Give that fat bastard another burger to distract him. I'm bored of reading about this...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:47:07 »

I'm going to use the Herthab method of dealing with this.

Everything is going to be ok.  The new owners would clearly have thought about this prospect and would have had £1.2m extra in the kitty just incase.  This will not infringe on our impending purchase of the Benfica 1st team.

Sorry, I know it sounds a bit sarcastic but I think I'm slipping into a state of delirium
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:47:25 »

Quote from: "el duque"
Give that fat bastard another burger to distract him. I'm bored of reading about this...

Don't read it then?

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 08:47:29 »

Well the timing of this is almost a masterstroke by BP. He is basically saying "If you have the money then pay up" Maybe the takeover has been completed and BP is chancing his arm to get his money or maybe it's the last throw of the dice from the FC.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:07:46 »

Confused? You won't be after this week's episode of...

http://www.citypaper.net/images/articles/2006/10/26/cultureshock-2.jpg
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:10:51 »

Town hit with £1.2m writ from Power
Exclusive By Andy Cryer

SWINDON Town have been hit with a threat of court action after being issued a writ for £1.2million by disgruntled investor Bill Power.

The County Ground outfit have been given until the end of the week to respond with Power, pictured right, at the end of his tether after months of accusations and counter-allegations.

Power's bid to takeover the club, along with the fans consortium, seems dead in the water with Town on the verge of sealing a major investment with a mystery foreign consortium.

But the former QPR chairman is insistent a £1.2million loan' be repaid in full and is prepared to take the case to court.

Town have always stated they believe Power's money was part of a share issue and, with neither party likely to give way, a courtroom battle seems the inevitable outcome.

A Town spokesman said: "We have received some correspondence from Bill Power's lawyers and it is in the hands of our lawyers. There is not a lot else we can say at the moment."

With a £900,000 unpaid Company Voluntary Arrangement hanging over their heads, with the initial payment deadline passed, Town are waiting to hear whether creditors have voted in favour of possibly extending the CVA.

The vote was closed on Monday and an announcement is expected soon from the administrators as to whether a meeting will be called to discuss the extension.

With Conference outfit Crawley the latest to be hit with a points deduction, after failing to meet their CVA, Town will be hoping the promise of some major new investment will win them more time.

It is thought the Portuguese-led consortium are moving closer to finalising the deal at the County Ground, although the club are still keeping the exact details close to their chest.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:11:18 »

If I put my hands over my ears, close my eyes and shout la-la-la-la over-and-over again, maybe ... just maybe all this behind-the-scenes trouble will go away.

:|
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:14:17 »

Surely though this is just the course of events unfolding that were stated in the press/on the OS a few weeks ago.

The new investors would therefore be aware of the possibility of court action long ago. So I doubt it will be a shock to them or change their position.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:29:45 »

Have we seen any proof of an actual take over.....we have only purchased ONE player in the closed season. We are told of a few tan skinned fellows with sunglasses on...(could be greek) that they are here to audit a bankrupt football club with little or no assets....Seton Wills and his merry men have been caught out.
Long live Bill Power and I hope he will support Swindon Athletic FC   Crying
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:35:30 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Surely though this is just the course of events unfolding that were stated in the press/on the OS a few weeks ago.

The new investors would therefore be aware of the possibility of court action long ago. So I doubt it will be a shock to them or change their position.

We can only hope....
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 09:43:50 »

Quote from: "Robinz"
Long live Bill Power and I hope he will support Swindon Athletic FC   Crying

twat. long live Bil Power, people need to get over his attempted investment, its gone, wrongly or rightly its gone, he's now attempted to place us in more financial uncertainty (again wrongly or rightly) so if you want him to suceed how can you support stfc, as we'll be in huge trouble?

Come on YOU REDS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: