Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Groundshare: important  (Read 4883 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 09:59:48 »

Fair comments Rob.
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 10:32:46 »

One of the main differences between the QPR/Fulham ground share and the possible Town/Rovers one is that the Fulham games would have involved the same police force whether they were at Loftus Road or Craven Cottage hence the finances and manpower of the police were already in place. In our case it will probably be up to the local taxpayers to pick up the extra cost of policing away from the ground which is where most football trouble happens.
glos_robin

« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 11:45:24 »

Appreciate Marks points but from the interviews last week the local residents are fiercely opposed to this groundshare so it really isn't a good idea if we want to 'keep Swindon in Swindon'
Mark D

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 11:51:03 »

Can I put it into context please chaps. I was called yesterday and asked whether I was at QPR when they shared with Fulham or Wasps. When I answered that I was, I was then asked if it had worked ok. And the truth of the matter is that ,operationally, it went fine. There were a few teething problems and It required a lot of work with the residents, groundstaff and local authorities, and Fulham fans do not have history of causing problems (that I'm aware of). Rangers fans, whilst not happy to share the ground, were less anti when they felt the club was receiving decent money for the share. I do not know any of details of the proposed groundshare between Swindon and BRFC so I cannot comment on whether this particular arrangement would be good/bad or indifferent.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 11:58:27 »

So they completely quoted you out of context then Mark.

Same old Adver then  Cheesy
glos_robin

« Reply #50 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 11:59:25 »

Quote from: "Mark D"
Can I put it into context please chaps. I was called yesterday and asked whether I was at QPR when they shared with Fulham or Wasps. When I answered that I was, I was then asked if it had worked ok. And the truth of the matter is that ,operationally, it went fine. There were a few teething problems and It required a lot of work with the residents, groundstaff and local authorities, and Fulham fans do not have history of causing problems (that I'm aware of). Rangers fans, whilst not happy to share the ground, were less anti when they felt the club was receiving decent money for the share. I do not know any of details of the proposed groundshare between Swindon and BRFC so I cannot comment on whether this particular arrangement would be good/bad or indifferent.

Well the board have done little or no work with those stakeholders so the ground share would be a disaster.

Cheers for your clarification though Mark sounds like the adver have made a bit of a story from nothing and the piece is slightly misleading.
broomfield

« Reply #51 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 12:19:37 »

Thanks for that Mark.

Good to know you're still taking an interest.

See you soon perhaps???
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 12:50:17 »

Mark D just gets better and better!  :bow1:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 13:33:51 »

Apparently Rovers are making 'an announcement' tomorrow at 9am, so hopefully things will be a lot clearer then.....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, June 4, 2007, 13:57:50 »

Found this as well :

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=144913&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231190&home=yes&more_nodeId1=144922&contentPK=17482379

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: