Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Groundshare: important  (Read 4885 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 20:21:43 »

If they've alread agreed the split of policing costs - it sounds done to me. Fan consultation my arse
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 20:23:01 »

They said they'd consult residents and the council when the possibility turned into a probability. Looks like that process is beginning, unless the council are being pro-active off there own backs just in case.

Tomorrow is Friday, so I'd imagine a statement announcing a fans forum will be forthcoming soon!

Have to say I find the prospect of a ground share with Rovers even worse than them coming here! I know we have to play somewhere should the County Ground be redeveloped and so it isn't that easy. Reading would be the obvious first choice, but after that I guess I'd say Cheltenham but that has size limitations then, erm, er...
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 20:23:17 »

I thought football clubs only paid for in the ground policing anyway. The outside bit coming from tax payers money. This could be something I made up in my head. Actually that's been happening a lot recently.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:10:45 »

Quote from: "Batch"
They said they'd consult residents and the council when the possibility turned into a probability. Looks like that process is beginning, unless the council are being pro-active off there own backs just in case.

They've already done the "consultation" with local residents and councillors - it was the meeting last week when Sandy Gray kicked off by telling them that 80% off fans were in favour. Apparently it went downhill from there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:23:48 »

Quote from: "pauld"
They've already done the "consultation" with local residents and councillors - it was the meeting last week when Sandy Gray kicked off by telling them that 80% off fans were in favour. Apparently it went downhill from there.

That can't be true, only yesterday they said they would only do that if possibility became probability (future tense)  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:30:12 »

On the face of it Batch you'd appear to be right - after all, they'd never mislead the fans and the public in a statement on the club website would they? Clearly they intend to do a much more in-depth and broader consultation process with the residents when "done deal" becomes "probability" and last week's effort was just an initial sounding, rather than any form of token effort.
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:44:08 »

I think the human flesh and cute fluffy animal fuelled board PR machine has kicked in and they've realised that just blind announcing it would be approaching new levels of public relations suicide - even for them.

They are now praying that something is going to come up to put a positive spin on the whole thing. It appears the best they have so far is the predicable "we might need to share at the Memorial one day". Good god, even if they managed to pull out starting an actual CG development, do you think they could finish one?

I could any move to the Memorial Ground being permanent. Whilst newly appointed head architect, Ms. Sandy Gray, get's a bit confused with the scale of the plans and we get a stadium 3 ft high.

Also don't the Rugby Team still play there? Wouldn't it be a bit hard to share a stadium with 2 other weekend sports teams?
glos_robin

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:46:52 »

I've got a new theory regarding the board...

I think they aim to piss off people about as many things as possible as by doing this it dilutes the level of opposition against any single issue. This enables them to get away with things as insufficient numbers protest against any one wrongdoing as people divide there attention accross a number of areas.
If they only pissed us off on a couple of items then they could have a couple of thousand protesting a decision. By spreading it accross 40 or 50 areas people focus on different areas reducing the amount of potential protestors.

Thats my theory if it makes sense, very sneaky I say...  

Either that or Diamandis is just a CUNT....... actually thats a much better theory.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:50:37 »

i vote second theory.
glos_robin

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 21:55:07 »

Quote from: "SwindonStevo"
i vote second theory.

I agree the 1st one would take some intelligence something no one on our board has shown any signs of during their time at STFC.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 09:12:18 »

FFS people, the ONLY CG redevelopment that would stand any chance is along the lines of the TRUST blueprint.
The clubs idea of hundreds of houses to rake off massive amounts are pie in the sky. It'll never happen.
Given that the redevelopment can happen without a groundshare !

From the Dark Side
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:11:26 »

I've had a butchers on the BRFC forums, seems most of their fans want to go to Cheltenham. Hey ho.
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 10:17:14 »

Excellent - an opportunity for both Boards to piss of the fans big time as a "united front" against the fans!  Sad
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 11:39:46 »

Did anybody go at 7am this morning?
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 1, 2007, 11:44:29 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Did anybody go at 7am this morning?

Yes - always do just after I get up for work!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: