Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have the board finally put a nail in there coffin?  (Read 8333 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 07:44:39 »

After reading todays adver in which Sturrock insists we need a higher budget to be competetive in League 1 I cant help but feel the board could have put a nail in there coffin.

If there is no investor which on previous history is a strong possibility then not only have they lied to the fan base but they have lied to Sturrock as well.

Sturrock said in a meeting with the board this week he would be discussing the investor with them and seeing how much it would be adding the the playing budget.

With Sturrock now saying an increased budget is essential its increased the heat severly on the board if they have no investor especially with Bill Power and the consortium still sat there promising to provide additional financial support for the playing budget.  

That with the response to the groundshare, radio deal from supporters they are under real pressure in my opinion.  

They could deliver an investor and everything will be fine but I find it very hard to believe that someone will invest big cash with them at the helm having viewed all the accounts, viewed there relationship with the supporters and having viewed the board members track record as businessman.

As far away as it may seem to some people, I think the takeover may be closer than we think as they are running out of places to go.  The clock is ticking on them sooner or later it will be decision time.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:11:00 »

Well lets hope so. Is Sturrock now seeing them in their true colours?

It appears we will have a repeat of season 2005/2006 and be the whipping boys of league 1 unless this lot finally fuck off. We must do all we can to up the ante to see them out.

Once again, where has all themoney gone??? What is the point of being in league 1 we may have well as stayed in league 2. This shower must go and go NOW.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:20:28 »

Exactly what I've been saying since March. I'd rather still be in league two, at the top with the Consortium in charge than at the bottom of league one with this board lurching from one disaster to the next, and staring relegation in the face (Again) with a possible 10 point deduction

From the Dark Side
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:23:16 »

Fucks sake.

All it is, is doom and gloom all the time on here.

May hasn't even finished yet and people are saying we're gonna get relegated and struggle.

Give them a fucking chance.

We haven't a clue what signings will be made in the summer so for once, shut the fuck up.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:24:11 »

Ralphy are you going round with your eyes closed or what?

Read todays adver, we aint gonna have a budget that will compete in league 1, this has come from Sturrock himself
red macca

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:26:50 »

Thats the thing ralphy .Sturrock basically is telling us what to expect in todays adver

No cash and we struggle he has basically said we need the "mystery" investor or we will struggle
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:29:00 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"

Read todays adver, we aint gonna have a budget that will compete in league 1, this has come from Sturrock himself

No i'm not Bart. I'm just fucking sick of people like you.

Do you believe everything you read in the Adver? Give it 6 weeks and then make judgement.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:31:21 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Fucks sake.

All it is, is doom and gloom all the time on here.

May hasn't even finished yet and people are saying we're gonna get relegated and struggle.

Give them a fucking chance.

We haven't a clue what signings will be made in the summer so for once, shut the fuck up.

Ralph I think I didn't make my point clear.  I believe Sturrock has the ability to wheel and deal and make us a good outfit next year whatever the budget.  But just picture what kind of team he could build us with a competitive playing budget, we could challenge for promotion then.

To be honest it is all doom and gloom we have a CVA hanging over our heads due in a matter of weeks, we have a board that don't give a shit about the fans (groundshare, brunel fm, attacks in press).  Until this board are gone we will never move forward.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:32:52 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"

No i'm not Bart. I'm just fucking sick of people like you.

Do you believe everything you read in the Adver? Give it 6 weeks and then make judgement.

I do when they directly quote Sturrock.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:33:26 »

Dead right totally agree
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:50:01 »

I think Sturrock can still get some decent players in and do alright with a low budget. Colchester had the second lowest budget in league one and they went up!

Doesn't help though.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:52:04 »

I think we'll storm the league  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:52:54 »

Colchester got much lower crowds than us and they are professionally run, say no more
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:53:15 »

If you read the following article i don't see why so many are doom and gloom.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=6685

Power has said even if this mystery investor turns out to be bullshit, he is still waiting in the wings. Even said if the club is worth X amount, he will pay X amount plus 1 million!

Like he says at the bottom, these are exciting times for town fans.

Try and be positive for god's sake  :-))(

I'm confident we will have finacial backing sooner rather than later be it from Power and Consortium or Mr Mystery investor.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 08:56:35 »

I can see why Ralph is getting angsty - I think everyone is getting fecked off with the situation now.

That Bill Power story doesn't mean they're any closer to breaking a deal - probably just as far away as before. If you read between the lines it also shows that Bill wants his money back if this mystery investor isn't that substantial, so we'd be pretty screwed if that happens.

The + £1m thing is just Bill saying he won't ask for his money back as part of the deal, or that's how I read things anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: