Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have the board finally put a nail in there coffin?  (Read 8356 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:04:18 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Lets face it. SSW / Diamandis / someone does not want to sell to the consortium.

Its not going to happen, especially if this "mystery investor" turns out to be real and puts a few million working capital into the club. So no, I dont think the board have put a nail in their coffin. They know they are disliked and a fair percentage of the fanbase properly hate them but they dont really seem to care. They are not going anywhere any time soon.

They could be working tirelesly behind the scenes to secure investment as they are in the last chance saloon, if this doesn't come off which should be the case as any succesful businessman would have to be insane to invest with them at the helm then I still see they have little choice but to sell up.
There is every possibility they could be stalling on the NDA with the consortium as long as possible as they try every person they know in the desperate hope that someone wants to chuck money down the pan and if it all proves fruitless then just enter the NDA and sell the club.

A year ago I would have agreed with that , but A certain Mr B Power invested with them at the helm

Surely hes the perfect example why anyone else would be reluctant tho.  He put 1 million in and it basically went missing on operating 'costs'.  Would you invest having known the previous investor was shafted?

Thats how we see it, obviously the board arnt going to tell a potential investor "No-one gets on with the *cough* General manager, because by all accounts hes a bit of a cunt"  They are going to put a positive spin on things - they desperatly need money to hang on to control.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:04:54 »

No i'm just tired of all this bullshit.

I normally don't get involved in any of the politics cos i'm more interested in supporting my club but i'm fed up of reading about all the doom and gloom.
red macca

« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:05:18 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Fuck it.

If you challenge anything the trust say you get slated.
Ralphy what the fuck is wrong with you? This has got fuckall to do with the trust its to do with the article that sturrock has done in todays adver

Have you read it yet
red macca

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:08:49 »

No i'm just tired of all this bullshit.

I normally don't get involved in any of the politics cos i'm more interested in supporting my club but i'm fed up of reading about all the doom and gloom.
Well i suggest you dont read forums then mate,we are in trouble face facts and people want it to get sorted, or shall we sweep it under the carpet for summer and just hope its ok in august
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:12:04 »

And the Trust haven't said anything on this thread
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:13:54 »

Lets face it. SSW / Diamandis / someone does not want to sell to the consortium.

Its not going to happen, especially if this "mystery investor" turns out to be real and puts a few million working capital into the club. So no, I dont think the board have put a nail in their coffin. They know they are disliked and a fair percentage of the fanbase properly hate them but they dont really seem to care. They are not going anywhere any time soon.

They could be working tirelesly behind the scenes to secure investment as they are in the last chance saloon, if this doesn't come off which should be the case as any succesful businessman would have to be insane to invest with them at the helm then I still see they have little choice but to sell up.
There is every possibility they could be stalling on the NDA with the consortium as long as possible as they try every person they know in the desperate hope that someone wants to chuck money down the pan and if it all proves fruitless then just enter the NDA and sell the club.

A year ago I would have agreed with that , but A certain Mr B Power invested with them at the helm

Surely hes the perfect example why anyone else would be reluctant tho.  He put 1 million in and it basically went missing on operating 'costs'.  Would you invest having known the previous investor was shafted?

Thats how we see it, obviously the board arnt going to tell a potential investor "No-one gets on with the *cough* General manager, because by all accounts hes a bit of a cunt"  They are going to put a positive spin on things - they desperatly need money to hang on to control.

Yes I imagine they will put a positive spin on things but surely as an invesor willing to put in substantial funds you would do your homework and research at least all recent history of the club i.e the recent accounts, stories from past season and fellow board members past career records.  This is why I firmly believe there is no other investor there, because no one in there right mind would invest money in the club with them there.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:17:00 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
And the Trust haven't said anything on this thread

No but if you as so much question anything then you're slated.

My positive outlook obviously isn't welcomed.

All go and slit you're wrists then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:21:45 »

I've just read the article and a couple of things strike me.  Firstly it's clear statement that if new money does not come in Sturrock is advising us to expect a real challenge next season.

Secondly, it would seem to make his previous ramblings about our wages and bonuses look odd.  Wasn't he the guy saying we were overpaying? now it sppears he's had a wake-up call and realises we don't actually pay that much - he mentions how it suprises him in the article.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:22:00 »

Fuck it.

If you challenge anything the trust say you get slated.

Stop being a cock Ralph.

No one from the trust has said anything.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:22:58 »

ralphy,you're very entertaining today.
seriously though,people are only commenting on what sturrock has said himself,he needs money to compete in league 1.pretty simple really!
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:23:41 »

I see where you are coming from Ralphy, but the board have been given enough time and they still havent sorted any of the problems out that BP could clear straight away.

Can we afford to really keep waiting? There is being positive and there is being naive. No proof of any investor has been shown yet. Can we afford to wait till the start of the season, have a weak squad for league one, start losing, attendances dropping, not being able to pay all the bills etc ..........

Something has to be done now. The time for giving them a chance and being positive is long gone im afraid.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:23:41 »

Actually the Trust could step in and help - reminding him of the RAF being available, every little helps as our supermarket gods advise us.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:24:37 »

Yes I imagine they will put a positive spin on things but surely as an invesor willing to put in substantial funds you would do your homework and research at least all recent history of the club i.e the recent accounts, stories from past season and fellow board members past career records.  This is why I firmly believe there is no other investor there, because no one in there right mind would invest money in the club with them there.

Does anyone know what the TEF record for most quotes in one post is?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:24:38 »

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:29:00 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

Soapy Tit Wank Trying to beat it in this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: