Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Are You Dissapointed At Seeing We Released?  (Read 7632 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 13:56:13 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I remain to be convinced by Sturrock to be honest, partly because I used to hate watching his previous 2 teams play.  I don't doubt his record but I equally don't think he's some kind of magician and some of the performances under him have been as much worse than under Wise as some have been better.

Yeah, but he's got a plan. For once we've got a manager who's as experienced as they come (so far as success goes) at this level - so is trying to fit the same structure (tactics, squad structure, coaching staff, youth structure, attitude etc) here as he did at Sheff Wed and Plymouth.

A good youth striker doesn't make a good first team striker - Draycott, Alan Young, Meechan etc - once they hit 18 they have to be judged as equals...if they were on the open market would you sign them? It'd be great to see a team full of youth players, but not if they're not good enough...we've seen with pook that they get no more leeway if they turn out shite performances.

Saying all that, i still think Ashan Holgate (on first team evidence) is worth another year/

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 14:40:17 »

in sturrock we trust!
well i do anyway.

i think he has proven over the years that he knows what he's doing in lower league footy.there was hardly any difference in football really under wise and sturrock imo.but converting roberts wide right and peacock to cm was spot on.plus wise thought nicho was a better cb Shocked
as for players leaving i'm always disapointed when local lads dont make the grade,but thats the nature of it i suppose
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 16:28:36 »

If you want to trust to youth, then you've got to accept some seasons you'll go down, and some seasons you might go up.  Dario Gradi has shown this at Crewe,

Bert Head produced the side that got to the final of of the Youth Cup in 63/64...he had in that side Don Rogers, but of the others none made much of a career....Tony Hicks (flying pig) played 50 odd between the sticks for us .....Dick Plumb played a bit with Charlton and I think Rovers and Exeter, but not too many games.....Bruce Walker a good left foot, but again only a handful of games and Dennis Peapell 20 odd for Exeter after a couple for us.

The Board back in the day sacked Head as he took us down.....they should have kept him in place and backed him.
DMR

« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 21:17:56 »

I'm not bothered about any of the released players tbh, the quicker Paul Evans follows the better.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 21:53:47 »

evans? are you joking dave? He was our best player until he was injured.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 21:58:26 »

yeah he should be given a chance to prove his fitness as luggy has done. hopefully he'll prove himself to Sturrock and he'll get another year
DMR

« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 21:59:37 »

which means he was our best player for a few weeks- and we got up without him

he's done well but like i've already said before, it smacks of paul smith last year and stefani miglioranzi before him.

we can't afford passengers bushey, if sturrocks sticking with peacock in centre midfield then that pushes evans down the pecking order. he'll be a year older, with no football under his belt for a similar period, in a quicker league.

it's a shame it hasn't worked out but the sensible thing is to get shot- young blood please.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:00:38 »

so youd rather pook than evans? crazy

DMR

« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:03:19 »

congratulations you've totally missed the point- then that's not that unusual for you- where'd i mention pook?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:05:23 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
congratulations you've totally missed the point- then that's not that unusual for you- where'd i mention pook?

you didn't but how can you possibly want Evans to go? i mean come on. Ash does have a point. Would you seriously choose Pook over Evans if Peacock was injured?
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:07:57 »

Quote from: "Rich"

you didn't but how can you possibly want Evans to go? i mean come on. Ash does have a point. Would you seriously choose Pook over Evans if Peacock was injured?

Absolutely under no circumstance

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:08:09 »

Evans was playing really well before the injury.

I don't know why we can't offer him a similar contract to what Darren Anderton has at Boremuf i.e he only get's paid when he plays.
DMR

« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:09:10 »

It's not that I'm demanding him to leave, I think it's too big a gamble on a player whose missed more through injury in a season than any other player retained in the last 3 or so years.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:09:54 »

You mention youd rather have youth than Evans.  I used Pook as an example of youth at the club.  Your wrong about this one but I doubt your admit that, you seem to have issues with admitting when your wrong.  Then again I wont hold that against you, its part of your make up  Cheesy

sonic youth

« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 22:10:37 »

dave's got a point, Evans' injury record in recent years has been atrocious - we'll end up with another Migs.

I'd keep him though cos I think he's fucking invaluable when fit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: