Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Are You Dissapointed At Seeing We Released?  (Read 7421 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 14:45:52 »

Hopper was too slow, I belive Spencer said that months back...but he was right.

Wells looked good in the 10 minutes he played this season.

Not fussed about any of them to be honest.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 14:49:56 »

yeah Hopper wasnt the quickest but i really rated him, Lukas hasnt got pace yet hes gone to a premiership club! Hopper strengths were more his heading and holding the all up, didnt give the ball away much and the most important thing HE SCORES GOALS!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 15:22:14 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
[imo the wheels were starting to come off around the time wise was leaving.I honestly believe at times that we have played some quality football under sturrock problem is that it was only in spells.I cannot remember one good performance under wise and the leeds fans will say the same

Has to be said Sturrock changed the side a lot. He got Lukas in, he got Roberts scoring a few if not shedloads. Then he got Peacock in midfield and creating before bringing in Zaaboub and Corr. We've become a good side at home, and ever since he got some of his own players in before Lincoln we've been a much better side.

I'm hoping he will attract more players of that calibre in and we should be okay in League 1 then
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:09:46 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
for me its Luke Hopper, heard Sturrock & Dave Byrne say numerous times he isnt far behind Lukas Jutkiewicz, yet seems strange that Lukas moves for £750,000 and Hopper isnt given a pro contract. I seen all the youth cup games and was more impressed with Luke Hopper than Lukas Jutkiewicz

What the?Huh? Not a chance! Lukas was ace in almost every Youth game i saw him play in! I think the fact Sturrock picked Lukas ahead of Hopper, proves who was the better player too.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:17:09 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
for me its Luke Hopper, heard Sturrock & Dave Byrne say numerous times he isnt far behind Lukas Jutkiewicz, yet seems strange that Lukas moves for £750,000 and Hopper isnt given a pro contract. I seen all the youth cup games and was more impressed with Luke Hopper than Lukas Jutkiewicz

What the?Huh? Not a chance! Lukas was ace in almost every Youth game i saw him play in! I think the fact Sturrock picked Lukas ahead of Hopper, proves who was the better player too.

im not doubting Lukas is a better player, just in the youth games i was more impressed with Hopper, maybe i expected to much of Lukas i dunno.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:22:31 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"

im not doubting Lukas is a better player, just in the youth games i was more impressed with Hopper, maybe i expected to much of Lukas i dunno.

I have to say though, i was surprised that Hopper got released. Surely we could have offered him a one year contract maybe....So he could have been a back up player.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:24:39 »

its odd that the youth team achieved the most in the last 50 odd years at the club, yet only 1 player in Chris Allen gets taken on, dont really count Alex Rigley as he was only given 6months cos he has a broken leg!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:30:38 »

saying that last year(?) we won some sorta cup and we didnt keep any of those players either.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:32:16 »

Quote from: "DV85"
saying that last year(?) we won some sorta cup and we didnt keep any of those players either.

they all got pro contracts
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:34:09 »

Iffy gave them all pro contracts, Stroud Henry Wells
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:35:27 »

that wasnt the whole team though....and most were only 6 months.

What I should of said, our youth team did well that year and won a cup but still none of them have really made it into pro-football.

Only Holgate has probably played more than 5 pro games.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:36:29 »

What I should of said, our youth team did well that year and won a cup but still none of them have really made it into pro-football.

thats cos the rest of the team were 1st years, like Allen Doe Pryde Rigley Walker
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:36:57 »

still a pro contract isnt it?Huh?Huh?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 16:54:26 »

im not bothered that any of them have gone to tell you the truth
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 13:42:44 »

I remain to be convinced by Sturrock to be honest, partly because I used to hate watching his previous 2 teams play.  I don't doubt his record but I equally don't think he's some kind of magician and some of the performances under him have been as much worse than under Wise as some have been better.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: