Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Are You Dissapointed At Seeing We Released?  (Read 7417 times)
SwindonTownFC

« on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 11:48:32 »

for me its Luke Hopper, heard Sturrock & Dave Byrne say numerous times he isnt far behind Lukas Jutkiewicz, yet seems strange that Lukas moves for £750,000 and Hopper isnt given a pro contract. I seen all the youth cup games and was more impressed with Luke Hopper than Lukas Jutkiewicz
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 11:56:50 »

Probably Ben Wells for me, but then again needs to look at attitude.  He was told by sturrock he would get a month to show what he did but was seen at least 3 times out on teh piss not knowing where he was within 3 weeks of the month.  Not a dig at players drinking but thought he had talent and blew it

SwindonTownFC

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:08:36 »

says on wikipedia Hopper has been linked with Burnley after he impressed playing against them in the Youth Cup  :shock: , hope we havent made a big mistake
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:13:49 »

With this board I wouldnt be surprised

Spud

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:16:03 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
says on wikipedia Hopper has been linked with Burnley after he impressed playing against them in the Youth Cup  :shock: , hope we havent made a big mistake

SWINDON BOARD IN COCK UP SHOCKER!
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:16:57 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

words i never thought id hear  :?
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:19:26 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

words i never thought id hear  :?

You're so wrong.  :|
sonic youth

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:28:10 »

wikipedia is about as reliable at fatbury.

i'm disappointed we released whalley.

wells always impressed me and hopper looked to have enough about him to push for the first team next season, shame.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:31:56 »

I would've thought it would have been Sturrock's decision which players he kept.

Allen got a pro contract, maybe Hopper and Wells weren't Luggy's type of players, for whatever reason.

The board are incompetent, but you can't blame them for everything!

Players get released from all clubs, some go on and build successful careers, some don't.

I hope all those released go on to be successful (Apart from Brown Cheesy )

It's All Good..............
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:54:26 »

spot on herthab the board are wankers agreed but its sturoocks decision who goes
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 12:56:19 »

Fair do's but I would like to know what our budget is next year and if its gone up at all

I think over players might price themeselves out of a contract

red macca

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 13:02:04 »

I hope some of them do over price them out of new contracts tbh.I wouldnt be suprised to see another 4 regulars leave which imo is a good thing.

Im going to be controversial here and say we have one of the best managers outside the premier league here at the moment and it will be such a shame if we cant get him to get the players he WANTS rather than be lumbered with players he inherited.

sturrocks record is as good as anyones in the country in the lower leagues and i trust him when it comes to getting rid and signing new players
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 13:03:53 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Fair do's but I would like to know what our budget is next year and if its gone up at all

That's a good point Ash.

I would've thought that the budget, if anything, would be reduced as we're not going to get the type of cash injection we had last year from BP (Unless the twats fuck off).

But Sturrocks very experienced in working within tight financial constraints and he also has knowledge of playing the loan game. Now we're in League 1 we'll be more attractive for Championship players, who can't get into their Clubs teams.

Add to that, the spine of the team has already signed, or are about to.

I'm still very optimistic about next season.

And by that, all I'm talking about is what happens on the pitch, not all the other stuff.

It's All Good..............
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 13:04:10 »

Quote from: "red macca"
I hope some of them do over price them out of new contracts tbh.I wouldnt be suprised to see another 4 regulars leave which imo is a good thing.

Im going to be controversial here and say we have one of the best managers outside the premier league here at the moment and it will be such a shame if we cant get him to get the players he WANTS rather than be lumbered with players he inherited.

sturrocks record is as good as anyones in the country in the lower leagues and i trust him when it comes to getting rid and signing new players

Each to their own, he hasnt impressed me like Wise did tho.  I hope he does after his own pre season and team

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 13:06:02 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

That's a good point Ash.

I would've thought that the budget, if anything, would be reduced as we're not going to get the type of cash injection we had last year from BP (Unless the twats fuck off).

But Sturrocks very experienced in working within tight financial constraints and he also has knowledge of playing the loan game. Now we're in League 1 we'll be more attractive for Championship players, who can't get into their Clubs teams.

Add to that, the spine of the team has already signed, or are about to.

I'm still very optimistic about next season.

And by that, all I'm talking about is what happens on the pitch, not all the other stuff.

Good points mate.  Hopefully we will have a good year and leave all teh bollocks off it to the people involved.  I just want to enjoy my saturdays

Hopefully he can mould his own team

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: