Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rodgers turns down offer  (Read 11325 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 16:02:44 »

Quote from: "Rich"
it says the offer for Brown is from Norwich so that won't be happening

As if it ever was!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 16:07:41 »

good point just thought id like to point it out  Wink
fatbury

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 16:23:11 »

Leon Knight .. thats all im saying! :shock:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 17:22:51 »

Rodgers to Vale?

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10414~963189,00.html

Port Vale manager Martin Foyle has expressed a keen interest in striker Luke Rodgers following an impressive display in the 4-2 reserves win over the Vale yesterday. Lee Matthews, formerly of Port Vale scored the other goal for Neil Baker's fringe contingent.

Rodgers, who scored a hat-trick in the game, has already had a number of offers come in for his signature but has yet to decide on his next move. The 25 year-old originally signed for Crewe in the summer of 2005 has been placed on the transfer list at his own request after failing to fight his way into the first team due to the continued success of Maynard, Varney and Jack.

Martin Foyle knows how the situation stands at the moment but has made no official contact with Crewe for the Birmingham born forward.

Foyle declared: "I know he (Rodgers) is available and I know that other clubs are interested and I know who has put in bids.

"I also know a little bit of what's going on, but I haven't had any contact with Crewe whatsoever."

Foyle insists he needs something to happen at Port Vale in terms of his own personnel before he can pursue anything concrete with Rodgers.

He stated: "The ball is not in my court at the moment. Until something moves or shifts then I can't do anything."

Swindon manager Paul Sturrock is currently awaiting a decision from Rodgers after Crewe accepted their £30,000 bid, with Dario Gradi leaving the decision entirely up to the former Shrew.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: