Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrock: Takeover Will Not Benefit the club  (Read 16214 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 08:36:10 »

Sturrock in todays adver says he doesn't believe any takeover will benefit the club, doest see where all the stuff about the board comes from etc Wants everyone to work together for the future etc

it does say a takeover would not benefit the club AT THIS TIME.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 08:40:56 »

Ofcourse anything that can take the club forward is good with me. Power obviously has the money and the know how at QPR. We need an american on the board though so we can have half time cheerleaders . (Obviously not girls from Swindon as most are minging)
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 08:41:59 »

I find his comments a little worrying as Luggy is obviously firmly backing the board

Now considering how pathetic this board is - well Ill leave you to draw your own conclusions! :-))(
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 08:43:54 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I find his comments a little worrying as Luggy is obviously firmly backing the board

Now considering how pathetic this board is - well Ill leave you to draw your own conclusions! :-))(

Sturrock says he wants stability and has been through the political stuff before, now given the problems recently I dont know if you say that is stability but...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 08:45:11 »

With respect, Mr Sturrock (if, indeed, that is what you said) - what the arse would you know?  You've only been at the club 5 minutes.

If you had had to endure 5 years of lies, misinformation, stagnation & incompetence you wouldn't be making a statement like that.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:09:34 »

Ardiles, that's my take on it, with all due respect to Mr Sturrock, the fine football manager that he is, he has only been here for a month or so.  I doubt whether he has even seen the takeover offer, plan, or whether he is aware of Mr Power's credentials.

This is merely a "tow the party line" statement, as any employee would be expected to do.

Pinch of salt is how I've taken it.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:11:27 »

Fully agree with Janaage.

It's a tow the party line statement, nothing more, as he cannot slag off this current board...at this moment anyway.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:15:51 »

I Would agree if a new board comes along and wont invest in the club. But who in there right mind, would spend x amount of pounds on a club that needs investing into and wont put a single penny in. Whoever takes over should have the club at interest and sort the crap out, then start thinking about making money.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:20:05 »

Much as a like the appointment of Sturrock, he would do well to keep his stick beak out of things and get on with doing the job he is paid to do.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:21:01 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Much as a like the appointment of Sturrock, he would do well to keep his stick beak out of things and get on with doing the job he is paid to do.

absolutely. He is the manager not the board.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:21:05 »

Spot on Ardiles and jan - if you read the article it's all "I've been told" and "They've said". He's just been fed the same lies and BS we've had to swallow for the past 5 years, they're his employers, why wouldn't he go with that? Bit of a shame the numpties are dragging a popular manager into a shit-fight with the fans, but we always knew they'd start getting dirty. Bring on the orange revolution!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:22:00 »

I wonder if they'll make him re-paint his office -  Wink

This could be class!!!!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 09:50:32 »

Quote from: "Batch"

absolutely. He is the manager not the board.
Frasier3

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 10:10:16 »

Perhaps someone from the FC should arrange a meeting with him.
magic8ball

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 10:19:26 »

I find this whole thing quite interesting.

We've seen it all very, very recently, with Dennis Wise. He was quoted as saying "I met a very nice man called Mike (Diamandis)" and a few months later, he left the club with rumours rife that he fell out with somebody at the club, most likely that nice man called Mike!

The board must have appeared stable, and they must have appeared to have the clubs best interests at heart when Wise joined, or he probably would've turned us down.

Now Sturrock appears to be in the exact same position. He likes the current board. Presumably they've spun him various yarns about how much they're behind the club, and want to take us forward. They can talk as much as they like about the current stadium plans, but we've only ever had one serious crack at the whole thing. It was turned down and its all been dead on that front up until now. What have they done about the stadium redevelopment over the last 18 months? Fuck all, thats what. Its been ignored, and we were told at one point that this club would not survive without a new stadium.

If Power does come in with the consortium, PS will be quite happy I'm sure. We'll have fan representative on the board, and the club can unite as a whole.

I for one cannot wait.

:sorry:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: