Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: time for a boycott????  (Read 13415 times)
Sharky

« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:27:12 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "Sharky"

Did they actually say they had PAID the last CVA payment?

Or did they say that they had made sufficient plans to deal with it?

Quote from: "STFC fans minutes"

AR asked if all CVA/rate/rent payments were up to date. SG advised that all current commitments have been met.

Very carefully worded that. The CVA is up to date because "current commitments ..met" could mean the last payment has been delayed with agreement.

But on the flip side the commitment has not been paid, and no agreement has been finalized to deffer it.

At the very least they hid the full truth.

Dont get me wrong I see all your points about it not being right but at the end of the day they can only work with the info they have and at the time of the last payment, if they had a plan to deal with it then they are free to say its under control - If that plan then fucks up (as it appears it now has) then they have to take 2 steps back and start again at finding a solution to the problem (as they are doing)

Wheres the problem in that?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:29:27 »

They said they were up to date with all payments both at the AGM and in the meeting with fans earlier this week. Even if they had come clean about it though, the fact is that you just don't mess with a CVA like this, especially not when the payment in question (now nearly 6 months late) is a Crown debt, due to the revenue. They are gambling the future of our club.

And where's Bill Power's £1.2 million gone? And the money from the Bryan Adams concert? Increased gate receipts? Wise pay-off?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:31:42 »

Quote from: "pauld"
They said they were up to date with all payments both at the AGM and in the meeting with fans earlier this week. Even if they had come clean about it though, the fact is that you just don't mess with a CVA like this, especially not when the payment in question (now nearly 6 months late) is a Crown debt, due to the revenue. They are gambling the future of our club.

And where's Bill Power's £1.2 million gone? And the money from the Bryan Adams concert? Increased gate receipts? Wise pay-off?

what can we as fans do?
flammableBen

« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:32:05 »

How about a new orleans jazz funeral march. Like the one in Live and Let Die.
Sharky

« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:33:56 »

How much do we pay our players?
Manager?
Management staff?
Ground Rent?
Catering Bills?
Ground Maintenance?
Shop staff?
Ticket staff?
Stewards?
etc. etc. etc.

Unless you know the pressures of the job, you, like myself, will have no idea where the monies you question have gone.
flammableBen

« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:36:00 »

Manager?
Management staff?
Ground Rent?
Catering Bills?
Ground Maintenance?
Shop staff?
Ticket staff?
Stewards?
etc. etc. etc.

Unless you know the pressures of the job, you, like myself, will have no idea where the monies you question have gone.

I think the point is that paying the cva should take priority over all those things.
Piemonte

« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:36:22 »

Any protest should be by more political means, i.e through the trust and SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DISRUPT THE PLAYERS OR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM.

We have a good chance of going back up this season, and I dont want anything to get in the way of that.  Whilst the board may be fucking with the long term future of the club, we as fans, should be doing all we can to make sure that the short term future is as bright as we can make it - ie total support for both the players and sturrock to get us out of this shitty league.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:37:19 »

quite, in a frank style, everyone else can fucking wait, the CVA can't.

Miss paying the wages = annoyed people, miss the CVA = liquidation and no business to run
Sharky

« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:37:35 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

Manager?
Management staff?
Ground Rent?
Catering Bills?
Ground Maintenance?
Shop staff?
Ticket staff?
Stewards?
etc. etc. etc.

I think the point is that paying the cva should take priority over all those things.

So pay the CVA but get further into problems by not keeping up the regular bills?
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:38:09 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

Manager?
Management staff?
Ground Rent?
Catering Bills?
Ground Maintenance?
Shop staff?
Ticket staff?
Stewards?
etc. etc. etc.

So pay the CVA but get further into problems by not keeping up the regular bills?

yes.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:38:31 »

yes, that's right, you are getting there.

The fucking CVA is number one priority over everything else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:42:27 »

If the CVA isn't met the club is liable to be wound up.

How can any other problem become a higher priority than that?
flammableBen

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:43:29 »

Anyhoo this is the how do we protest thread. there's allready a cva one.

New Orleans Jazz Funeral like in Live and Let die!!! Who can play brass instruments?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:43:40 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Any protest should be by more political means, i.e through the trust and SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DISRUPT THE PLAYERS OR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM.

We have a good chance of going back up this season, and I dont want anything to get in the way of that.  Whilst the board may be fucking with the long term future of the club, we as fans, should be doing all we can to make sure that the short term future is as bright as we can make it - ie total support for both the players and sturrock to get us out of this shitty league.

Absolutely. We cannot afford to disrupt the players
Sharky

« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:44:07 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
yes, that's right, you are getting there.

The fucking CVA is number one priority over everything else.

I see your frustration but solving one mistake by making another is simply stupid.

I agree certain things could maybe be delayed such as wages for a week or two, but there are certainly other things which can not!

I agree that the CVA is the priority dont get me wrong and I am not trying to start a war, but I would rather have this kind of debate about where the monies should be spent than I would moan about the board being shit.

At the end of the day its a combination thing - there isnt enough money to pay everything and the staff that are dealing with it are not well enough equipped (in my opinion) to find a way to resolve it with current funding.

So how can we help? consortium? New backer? however it is, surely it is better to spend our time as fans finding out if there is any way we can help to make these things happen?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: