Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: time for a boycott????  (Read 13421 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 13:56:18 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
Why are you even talking about a boycott?

We are 3rd in the league with a great new manager and things are looking up at last - Do you have some sick desire to fuck this football club up? If you do go support the scum you idiots!

We have a decent manager, but how long will he be around.....the last one buggered off sharpish when he saw  the shambles in the boardroom.

Our standing in tjhe league is of little relevance when compared to the seriousness of this issue.....we may be out of all football by the end of the season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 13:57:01 »

We are 3rd in the league with a great new manager and things are looking up at last - Do you have some sick desire to fuck this football club up? If you do go support the scum you idiots!

I think you are missing the point.  Not paying a CVA can result in the almost immediate liquidation of the club, to also lie about that to shareholders would normally end in open revolt, even for big companies.

I think a few people have noted about ensuring any action wouldn't be negative towards the team.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 13:57:34 »

We are 3rd in the league with a great new manager and things are looking up at last

Except according to BBC RS we haven't made the last CVA payment of £100K and have asked for more time to do so (and more time to pay the £900K in July 07). This is despite being told we were up to date with payments and could see no reason why future commitments could not be met.

So no they aren't looking up really for long term stability.

We agree that boycotting isn't they way to go.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:03:50 »

thats why i said maybe go in late.
no desire to fuck this club up,i want it to stay around for years to come.
idiots for showing we're fucked off to the hilt?

like i said its just an idea to get fans minds ticking,i'm sure someone will come up with a far better idea than me
Sharky

« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:03:52 »

Well why didnt you say that in the first place  :-))(

Still like you say Batch, boycotting is not the way forward - no money to pay CVA + boycott game and lose club money = afford the CVA  OBVIOUSLY!  some people honestly!!  Doh

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:09:17 »

Well why didnt you say that in the first place  :-))(

Still like you say Batch, boycotting is not the way forward - no money to pay CVA + boycott game and lose club money = afford the CVA  OBVIOUSLY!  some people honestly!!  Doh

its a boycott of sorts.read the top post!
i'd rather do something than continue doing nothing and the club go under anyway.
Sharky

« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:12:58 »

boycott...boycott of sorts....still a boycott - still a stupid idea.

If you want to be helpful find a way of helping the club financially or come up with an idea to allow them to help themselves.

Everbody moaning about it wont help matters it'll only pull the board and the fans apart even more - why not try and see it from their point of view and try to find a way of helping?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:13:46 »

If you want to be helpful find a way of helping the club financially or come up with an idea to allow them to help themselves.

Everbody moaning about it wont help matters it'll only pull the board and the fans apart even more - why not try and see it from their point of view and try to find a way of helping?!

I can give them lessons in telling the truth.  Being shit is no excuse for giving out false information.
Sharky

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:17:15 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

I can give them lessons in telling the truth.  Being shit is no excuse for giving out false information.

Did they actually say they had PAID the last CVA payment?

Or did they say that they had made sufficient plans to deal with it?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:20:47 »

Paid
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:21:10 »

From Pravda....this week.

f. AR asked if all CVA/rate/rent payments were up to date. SG advised that all current commitments have been met.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:21:29 »

if you think its a stupid idea then other fans will. therefore it probably wouldn't work as all fans need to work together for the good of the club.

just wanted to put ideas in peoples heads and think we could do something!
Sharky

« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:22:24 »

Paid

Can you quote because it was my understanding they simply suggested they had made plans to deal with it.

If i'm wrong then I can understand peoples frustration, but at present I dont see why everyone is so quick to jump on their back!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:23:14 »

Quote from: "STFC fans minutes"

AR asked if all CVA/rate/rent payments were up to date. SG advised that all current commitments have been met.

Very carefully worded that. The CVA is up to date because "current commitments ..met" could mean the last payment has been delayed with agreement.

But on the flip side the commitment has not been paid, and no agreement has been finalized to deffer it.

At the very least they hid the full truth.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:26:58 »

also asked verbally at the AGM, and peviously in meetings
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: