Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: time for a boycott????  (Read 13435 times)
red macca

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:45:37 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "RobertT"
yes, that's right, you are getting there.

The fucking CVA is number one priority over everything else.

I see your frustration but solving one mistake by making another is simply stupid.
I agree certain things could maybe be delayed such as wages for a week or two, but there are certainly other things which can not!

I agree that the CVA is the priority dont get me wrong and I am not trying to start a war, but I would rather have this kind of debate about where the monies should be spent than I would moan about the board being shit.

At the end of the day its a combination thing - there isnt enough money to pay everything and the staff that are dealing with it are not well enough equipped (in my opinion) to find a way to resolve it with current funding.

So how can we help? consortium? New backer? however it is, surely it is better to spend our time as fans finding out if there is any way we can help to make these things happen?
paying the cva will not be a mistake for fuck sake
Sharky

« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:47:58 »

Quote from: "red macca"

I see your frustration but solving one mistake by making another is simply stupid.
I agree certain things could maybe be delayed such as wages for a week or two, but there are certainly other things which can not!

I agree that the CVA is the priority dont get me wrong and I am not trying to start a war, but I would rather have this kind of debate about where the monies should be spent than I would moan about the board being shit.

At the end of the day its a combination thing - there isnt enough money to pay everything and the staff that are dealing with it are not well enough equipped (in my opinion) to find a way to resolve it with current funding.

So how can we help? consortium? New backer? however it is, surely it is better to spend our time as fans finding out if there is any way we can help to make these things happen?

My reference explained (if this helps) meant that paying the CVA by not paying everything else isnt going to help in the long term!

Why do we even have this problem with the CVA now? because we fucked up our finances so bad in the past - so why do it again?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:48:12 »

and I am good man.  I spent several hours helping the Trust develop ground development proposals and have met with the club on a few occasions to discuss these sorts of things when asked to.  I also registered with the Trust and offer my services to them whenever possible as well as attending meetings etc.

CVA payments should be paid before the tax man.  tax man comes a close 2nd mind, then you deal with bills and all other debts.  You put off everything to pay it and deal with that shit, not the this shit.

Plus we have had 5 months, had Powers money onboard just before the due date, have had money from Leeds etc etc.
red macca

« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:50:18 »

My reference explained (if this helps) meant that paying the CVA by not paying everything else isnt going to help in the long term!

Why do we even have this problem with the CVA now? because we fucked up our finances so bad in the past - so why do it again?!
i give up i really do.IF WE DO NOT PAY THE CVA THERE WILL BE NO LONG TERM FOR THIS CLUB
Sharky

« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:53:35 »

i give up i really do.IF WE DO NOT PAY THE CVA THERE WILL BE NO LONG TERM FOR THIS CLUB

I understand you point mate so dont get so arsey - I know we need to pay the CVA and I dont have any queries with that being the long term future of the club - but unless you know all the facts then you cannot make sweeping comments over the matter.

They had said they had a plan to deal with it - that plan appears to have fallen through - now they have to come up with a new one - simply sitting down and saying here you go here is the money is obviously not an option on the table or any right minded person 9and that included this current board) would do it!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:55:49 »

You'd like to think so wouldn't you? But can you seriously trust a single word they say on the financial situation any more? There's over 1.5 million came into this club over the summer just from Bill Power and Bryan Adams, leaving aside increased gate receipts etc. If they couldn't find 100k from that for the CVA payment, where the hell did it go? And no it didn't go on stewards
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 14:57:55 »

I used to 'sit on the fence' over these types of issues but I have to say that the current regime are doing nothing to keep my sitting there - they are nudging me over more and more. Coupled with the fact that you are conversing with many more 'distinguished' posters who are showing their frustration, this does sound like a real mess and if people want to criticise the  board, I am starting to agree with their comments.
Sharky

« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:02:15 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"
I used to 'sit on the fence' over these types of issues but I have to say that the current regime are doing nothing to keep my sitting there - they are nudging me over more and more. Coupled with the fact that you are conversing with many more 'distinguished' posters who are showing their frustration, this does sound like a real mess and if people want to criticise the  board, I am starting to agree with their comments.

Thats your right to feel that way, if I feel differently and my opinions are different then I mean no offense in the way that my opinions have been laid out.

I just want to help the club rather than moan at them thats all, and I am not in any way suggesting that any other poster should feel the exact same way i do - we are all different - we can all debate - thats why we are here.  I just want to use this constructively to try to help thats all and I hope that majority will do the same too
Sharky

« Reply #53 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:04:11 »

Quote from: "pauld"
You'd like to think so wouldn't you? But can you seriously trust a single word they say on the financial situation any more? There's over 1.5 million came into this club over the summer just from Bill Power and Bryan Adams, leaving aside increased gate receipts etc. If they couldn't find 100k from that for the CVA payment, where the hell did it go? And no it didn't go on stewards

I agree and dont condone a single thing the board have done.

If it were my decision (which it is not) then the whole setup would have an overhaul but I dont know enough (like most on here) to make any more informed judgements on the way the bills are paid other than what appear to be the glaringly obvious raw facts that you have stated.
Piemonte

« Reply #54 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:14:03 »

I used to have similar opinions worcester, but over the last 6 months I've been pushed further and further into thinking that the current board of STFC have been and still are incompetant. I still dont buy into all of the conspiracy shit about a certain greek man, but something needs to give and something needs to give soon.  I joined the trust a month ago and urge anyone who hasn't and gives a shit about STFC to do so as well.
Sharky

« Reply #55 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:19:14 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

I used to have similar opinions worcester, but over the last 6 months I've been pushed further and further into thinking that the current board of STFC have been and still are incompetant. I still dont buy into all of the conspiracy shit about a certain greek man, but something needs to give and something needs to give soon.  I joined the trust a month ago and urge anyone who hasn't and gives a shit about STFC to do so as well.

Piemonte - Now thats what I mean, its fair enough to have your views whichever way they are for the board - but if you want to do anything about it thentake action

I too agree that if you are a fan and care about what happens then join up and do what you can.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:28:45 »

That will be why the membership has risen to over 600 from around 200 in the past few weeks.  It's also why people have indeed been trying to fin ways to sort things out once and for all - Ground development, Consortium idea.
flammableBen

« Reply #57 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:30:37 »

That will be why the membership has risen to over 600 from around 200 in the past few weeks.  It's also why people have indeed been trying to fin ways to sort things out once and for all - Ground development, Consortium idea.

And the fact they dropped the price.
Sharky

« Reply #58 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:32:00 »

Agree completely and i for one am glad to see more people switch on to the idea of helping wherever they can.

Just hope that more and more join and a serious progression can be made

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 15:32:29 »

i'll sign up to the trust tommorow if i can at the ground.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: