Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press Conference  (Read 10647 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:38:22 »

Quote from: "Petra"
Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
No, I'm fine - it's everyone else that's gonna have a coronary apparently.

Dont you agree though that Bill Power has let us down. He agreed to join the club and then when the going gets tough he walks away and leaves us in the shit.

That's very enlightening whoever you are - Mickey/J1mmy or whichever tosser - why don't you go play elsewhere.

All this is very real, the last thing we need is some bored wind up merchant pissing people off yet further.
mr ian

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:38:23 »

no its my club :x
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:40:46 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "herthab"
all I'm really concerned in is his money

How very kind.

Don't know the bloke. Can't get emotional about bad things happening to strangers. More worried about my Club.

And the point is that he has no real connection to us, not really, and wants to concentrate on getting better - if we don't figure in that then that's just the way it is.

No point being bitter.
Petra

« Reply #123 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:42:32 »

Dont you agree though that Bill Power has let us down. He agreed to join the club and then when the going gets tough he walks away and leaves us in the shit.

That's very enlightening whoever you are - Mickey/J1mmy or whichever tosser - why don't you go play elsewhere.

All this is very real, the last thing we need is some bored wind up merchant pissing people off yet further.

I am not winding you up surely it is a fairly obvious point that if someone promises to put money in and then the club effetively spend the money on Inces wages. Then he pulls out that is not a very morally responsible thing to do.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:44:31 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
SMOKESCREEN

Be taken in by Newbury- then you deserve all you get

you do seem to be a rather paranoid and cynical fellow; do you actually enjoy the feeling that you are being lied to and that there is some plot behind the scenes ?

The explanation of needing 18 months to recover from a plane crash doesn't seem unreasonable to me.   I'm pretty sure his priorities will be to concentrate on getting better and getting his company to a point where someone else can take over and he can retire.

I certainly don't see the possibility that there might be some complex and shadowy conspiracy as grounds for boycotting the club or making protests.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:45:42 »

I am not winding you up surely it is a fairly obvious point that if someone promises to put money in and then the club effetively spend the money on Inces wages. Then he pulls out that is not a very morally responsible thing to do.

People say things that don't end up to be true for whatever reason all the time:

Crying  I have decided my wind up days have come to an end. All the wind ups i wanted to do like Ince unsettling the other players, boardroom splits and Peter Brezovan being headhunted by other clubs are actually really happening at the club in real life so whats the point. I am a broken man/woman there is no fire left in me. I am going to retire and just blend into the background and enjoy life (Sort of like Paul Ince is doing).

p.s Piemonte sorry about standing you up last friday.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:48:01 »

i feel sorry for BP big time.

I agree his health is the main priority but i see this as a perfect way for STFC to pull a fast one and fuck him off cos he don't get on with the board.

totally underhand and a fucking joke. :evil:

back to square 1 now and worrying about the CVA next year.

Petra

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:48:30 »

Quote from: "genf_stfc"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"
SMOKESCREEN

Be taken in by Newbury- then you deserve all you get

you do seem to be a rather paranoid and cynical fellow; do you actually enjoy the feeling that you are being lied to and that there is some plot behind the scenes ?

The explanation of needing 18 months to recover from a plane crash doesn't seem unreasonable to me.   I'm pretty sure his priorities will be to concentrate on getting better and getting his company to a point where someone else can take over and he can retire.

I certainly don't see the possibility that there might be some complex and shadowy conspiracy as grounds for boycotting the club or making protests.

You seem a bit naieve. Power has been effectively hounded out by Sir Seeton and Wise. The plane crash is a conveinient excuse.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:55:27 »

What a load of bull that is, cant believe loads of people are believing the health spin.  His job at the county ground was not heavy.  As an investor in the club he would still be able to write cheques from his home even in an ill condition its simple that he has been ousted from this club by the same morons that time and time again refuse to let this club move forward.  I for one will not have the wool pulled over my eyes.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:56:05 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"

I agree his health is the main priority but i see this as a perfect way for STFC to pull a fast one and fuck him off cos he don't get on with the board.

From what I recall, Power paid off the CVA. Either that or the club said they had the funds in place to pay it off.

Mike D's statement said the club was going from a minus on the balance sheet to about £3/4 million profit? Surely this means the CVA has been wiped out?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:57:54 »

Whats thebetting they will say they cannot afford Wise, therefore they will bring Iffy/King back

I would not put it past them-2001 dejavu
mr ian

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:59:01 »

2000/1 dejavu
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 15:59:51 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Quote from: "magicroundabout"

From what I recall, Power paid off the CVA. Either that or the club said they had the funds in place to pay it off.

Mike D's statement said the club was going from a minus on the balance sheet to about £3/4 million profit? Surely this means the CVA has been wiped out?

does that take into account the £1.1m Power invested??
if so we can wipe that off cos he is no longer part of the board.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 16:03:22 »

Power purchased 33% of the clubs shares for £1m.

I doubt very much that was immediately sent to the administrator of the CVA.  My guess is he offered future guarentees to cover that payment when it was due.
Piemonte

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 16:03:54 »

I love Swindon Fans. I really do.

18 months to recover form a poxy plane crash?  pah!

This is proof that the board - led by Mike Diamandis - is a part of a massive conspiracy to get rid of the bloke who was going to help stop STFC costing Mike's Boss (SSW) so much fucking money each year.

Of course Sir Seton will be delighted to hear that Mike has driven Bill from the club and will now be footing the bills again. Rumour has it hes due to fly in and personally give him a pat on the back.  Shrug

Give me strength

Cue "you're pro-the newbury massive" style posts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: