Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Laser eye surgery  (Read 2365 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:28:34 »

I am going to get my mince pies done tomorrow in Glasgow. £1200 out of pocket, the thing had better work!!

Bit nervous!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:31:46 »

good luck!

At least you can get rid of your glasses

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~rmjdsha/tmallett.jpg

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:35:55 »

http://www.therightaddress.co.uk/lineup_pictures/sport015.jpg
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:38:19 »

http://www.alwaysontherun.net/stevie4.jpg
Dazzza

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:48:40 »

Edinburgh you getting the old school op where they slice the tip off then laser or the super duper new one without?

You'll be fine, mate/boss had it done a few years back and he said it was one of the best things he has ever done.

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:52:24 »

well.... good luck!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:55:15 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Edinburgh you getting the old school op where they slice the tip off then laser or the super duper new one without?

You'll be fine mate had it done a few years back and he said it was one of the best things he has ever done.

It is called Lasik. Think they take a flap off the eye and laser. The recovery time was less than the Lasek so I only needed to take the friday off of work.

Everyone I have spoken to that has had it done has had good things to say about it.

Hopefully from this weekend, i'll be able to view this forum without my pesky specs!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 21:57:57 »

Must admit the flap coming off made me squirm but you don't feel a thing apparently and it’s supposed to be a hell of a lot safer than the new one.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 22:15:15 »

I've heard a fair bit about it and I've only ever heard good reports. Good luck!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 22:17:27 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I've heard a fair bit about it and I've only ever heard good reports. Good luck!

Cheers guys, i'll update u as soon as I get my vision back! Hopefully Torquay v Swindon will be my first glassesless match!!

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 22:27:46 »

my dad had it done and its worked a treat. it only takes a few seconds to do i think.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 10, 2005, 22:30:52 »

i think most people know somebody who's had it done and has heard nothing but good things. good luck old chap, just don't do much of bashing the bishop after. it makes you blind you know....
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 00:56:40 »

my dad had his nerd gogs zapped in 1994 and hes loving it

Rigobert Song La la la
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 09:46:09 »

All the best, my H.O.M. friend, it's got a 90% success rate.  Hope you don't end up with incurable double vision like the 5% of people that have the op.  I'm sticking with my contacts!!

Double vision for a jambo would mean double the torture at Tynecastle!!!  Get yourself down to E.R. and you'll get double value for money!!  Ooh to, ooh to be.....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 10:11:03 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
All the best, my H.O.M. friend, it's got a 90% success rate.  Hope you don't end up with incurable double vision like the 5% of people that have the op.  I'm sticking with my contacts!!

Double vision for a jambo would mean double the torture at Tynecastle!!!  Get yourself down to E.R. and you'll get double value for money!!  Ooh to, ooh to be.....

Thanks for the optimism Jan!!!

I went to E.R for the CIS semi against Motherwell. Hearts were hopeless apart from the last 5 minutes of normal time when we got 2 goals to equalise! Crap to lose it in the last minute of ET, but the better team won. The Lithaunian players the J.T's are signing look class though. Miko (don't know his real name!!) is already a crowd favourite!!

On a Swindon front, Scott Leitch, was brilliant and is still putting in some excellent performances in the Motherwell midfield at the age of 35. Him or Hewlett??

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: