Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Laser eye surgery  (Read 2363 times)
McLovin

« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 10:13:49 »

Luc Nijholt for me please...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 10:17:36 »

Sorry mate, didn't think you'd read that til you've had it done, and all was well.  Nah I'm sure it'll all go well, I haven't got the guts to do it myself.

All is looking up for you boys, good to see Hearts and Hibs moving forward, who knows maybe one of us can do something about the Weggies sometime soon.  Would help if they stopped poaching all our decent players.  Is Leitch still Captain of 'Well?  He's been up there a while now, glad to here he's doing well.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 10:36:47 »

Aren't you awake when they do it?

How's it all done? I'm Confused  :?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Piemonte

« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 11, 2005, 12:47:49 »

I'm considering having it done. I really cant be arsed with glasses or contacts for the rest of my life.

stupid defective eyes.

You only had to take one day off work ediburgh? which company did it for you?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 10:06:13 »

Jan, Leitch is still captain, he is 35 and just extended his contract for another 2 seasons I think so Terry Butcher must think a lot of him. Now there is a manager that I would like to see at STFC whilst I think about it. No worry about lack of motivation with Butch in charge!!

We'll see how Hibs fare today away at Rangers. I fancy them to pass the Weegies off the park, but get beat ultimately. Tony Mowbray has done a great job in his first managerial position, some of the football hibs play (it pains me to say) is first class, quick passing and no hint of a long ball game. This is with a team whose average age can't be any where more than 26.

On to the eyes. I would say my vision is now about 80% perfect. They advise you not to drive until 48 hours after the op and mine was only 19 hours ago, so hopefully my vision should be 20/20 by monday (touch wood!). Have to go to the opticians at 1pm today so i should get more info then.

As for the surgery itself. Well I did it through Optical Express as that is where I have always had my eyes tested. I went for a consultation last week and they do some checks to see if your eyes are suitable for the treatment. These are painless, and the whole thing took about an hour or so. The consultant chick, Eve was fit as well, so I didn't mind that!!

So yesterday, got through to Glasgow at 1pm, (I would guess your local surgery would be London, but I may be wrong). This guy comes round asks basic questions, are you on drugs etc? Then they measure your eye with this wacky machine to make sure it hasn't changed shape in a week! The surgeon then takes you through the procedure and double checks your vision to see if they are happy to go through with it. After a fair bit of waiting around (the op never happened until about 3) I donned my sexy blue surgeons hat and feet covers and they take you through to like a dentists chair. They lay you on your back and cover the eye they aren't operating on. Firstly they put in some anasthetic drops. Then the surgeon basically tapes your eye open so you can't blink. She then put some sort of pressure device on my eye, which was reasonably sore, as it pushes down quite hard on your eye. Then a flap is created (not sure how as I couldn't really see) and your vision goes black for about 5-10 seconds. You then stare at a laser (a flashing red light) for 30 seconds. It makes a ticking sound and starts to smell a wee bit 10 seconds from the end. After that they remove the clamp, applying loads of drops and thats it! The procedure is the same obviously for the other eye.

Afterwards, my eyes nipped a wee bit as the anasthetic wore off after about 20 minutes. I had to wear sunglasses home as the light made my eyes water, so i ended up just keeping them shut. By 7.30 last night, they were much better. Vision was pretty good, but still fairly blurry. It is better today a little bit, so hopefully by monday when I go back to work I should be able to see clearly now the rain has gone!!

If you are worried about the op, I wouldn't, it is quite straightforward, even for a squemish woman! I'll let u know on monday if my vision is 20/20, if it is, I would highly recommend this procedure if you can afford it.

Sorry about the length of the post. I should really go and rest my eyes!! Laters!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 10:07:44 »

I should also point out that Optical Express were brilliant through the whole procedure, from consultation to the surgery. Great customer service!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 11:41:47 »

congratulations, glad it went well for you. if only some referees got it done now  :-))(
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 11:54:17 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
congratulations, glad it went well for you. if only some referees got it done now  :-))(

Cheers mate! In Scotland, the refs are sponsered by specsavers, some of them should have bloody gone there!!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 09:22:44 »

So ESTFC how's your vision today?  Back to 20/20?Huh??  Still stinging a bit?  Bloody Ger's won then, gutted.  And Hearts close the gap on 3rd.  Interesting end of season, I reckon.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 18:06:43 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
So ESTFC how's your vision today?  Back to 20/20?Huh??  Still stinging a bit?  Bloody Ger's won then, gutted.  And Hearts close the gap on 3rd.  Interesting end of season, I reckon.

Vison not yet 20/20 but pretty good. Better than driving standard vision. My mate who had it done 4 years ago said his vision was pretty perfect after a week so hopefully it will gradually improve this week. No stinging at all, just got to put shit loads of drops in the mince pies.

Rangers could have won 10-0 seemingly, Nacho Novo missed a pen as well. Hearts were confortable against a woeful Killie side and play them for the third time in succession on wednesday in the cup. Gaan the JT's!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: