Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shakes  (Read 9041 times)
DMR

« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:05:54 »

still we haven't got another out and out right winger have we?
sonic youth

« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:16:43 »

monky can play on either wing
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:19:27 »

i think he's shitter than shakes

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:20:08 »

there aint alot in it,dmr.
DMR

« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:21:50 »

tis true

give shakes a chance, i reckon he'll improve and that can only happen if he's learning on the pitch
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 20:51:31 »

how can Monky play on the right, he's left footed.

As I said I think Shakes general play (apart from crossing) is improving. So I've now got some faith in him.....but we do need another right winger and have done since the start of last season.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 28, 2006, 23:32:41 »

shakes is ace. whits has adopted him as his pet player, and i think its doing him the world of good. he tries, every game i've seen since the start of last season, he's tried and tried and tried.

plus he's got a cool name. FACT.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 11:05:29 »

I still think we shpould play Fola on the right, he is hardly likely to start up front for a while and he is lightning fast and can actually pass/cross the ball.
Piemonte

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 11:14:59 »

Shakes shot on saturday was a fluke. He might of meant it but he cant even shoot / cross with his "better" right foot let alone his left.

His crossing is annoying, but on the other hand he works harder than 95% of wingers so effortwise you cant really have a pop at him. I also think hes one of the fittest players in the squad.

We do need another right winger though.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 18:58:08 »

Quote from: "Johno"
:|

He has had a season and a bit now, we have seen him play good. But i think today i have had enough of watching his crosses go into the stands and his first touches go 2 miles in front of him.

He can be a decent player and should be a better player.

Discuss

Crosses in the stands... or the goal ala Barnet!

Aaron Lennon can't cross his legs but he's a shu-in for the right sided position for England at some point. Henry was the same at Juve but unlike Arsenal they couldn't harness his potential. You'd be gutted if he disappeared down the road to City, Rovers or the Pox and became an Henry-esque goal machine!!

Ricky is still develping. He's ten times better this year than last, has pace to burn and is regularly getting in the right scoring positions to-boot. With maturity and experience should come composure. With composure will come one hell of a player. For me, that's not too far away.

"Great save, Digby."
Red Len

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 22:11:31 »

Putting all the usual frustrations with Shakes aside, what I like about him is his ability to simply just make something happen. Much like Roberts he's able to lift the team & the crowd in quiet spells of a game by turning, running and getting beyond defenders.

Not sure he will continue to be a regular starter once Wisey finishes putting his team together, but personally reckon Ricky's deserving of more time. A confidence player who is still learning the game, if he keeps up his work rate and continues to develop, he could prove to be a real asset in this league.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 23:16:55 »

Only his second full season with a proffessional side, and if he continues improving in the manner in which he has so far we could have a right gem on our hands next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: