Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shakes  (Read 9039 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:18:06 »

:|

He has had a season and a bit now, we have seen him play good. But i think today i have had enough of watching his crosses go into the stands and his first touches go 2 miles in front of him.

He can be a decent player and should be a better player.

Discuss
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:26:52 »

I've hardly been to the CG since Shakes' arrival but it seems to me he's just a one trick pony - pace.

His movement isn't the best and his touches/kicking is worse.
red macca

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:28:54 »

its a hard one johno,his work rate is second to none positioning wise he is good and he tackles back as good as anyone else and i honestly dont think you will find a better winger in the league who can do those jobs he does..

on the flip side his bad points are to easy to notice as i think he COULD be a amazing winger.my one hope for him is that he has only been pro just over a year and can only improve(i hope)
kaufman

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:30:11 »

ince will come in and weston will go on the right i think.

shakes tracks back well, he can run at players and wins quite a few headers when defending but the plain fact is he cannot cross, end of!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:32:01 »

I think Wise will make him work hard on crossing and shooting. If this pays off he wil be perhaps the best winger in Lg2. Otherwise it may be necessary to drop him in place of Weston.

I for one would prefer to keep him in the side and hope he improves but at is a tough call
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:34:10 »

Shakes has improved on last season. I think his touch and control is much better. How many times do you see him mis controlling it and it bouncing off the pitch these days?

If his final ball was better, he would be a very good winger. Same with his finishing.

I have seen improvement in his game....still needs to work on the final ball though
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:39:21 »

he's still only, what, 21? he'll improve. he's getting into the right positions and could quite easily have had a hat-trick today.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:54:13 »

first touch is woefull and cannot cross the ball,but tries and runs his heart out and his positional play is exellent.

johno has it right exept i doubt he will get much better. you cannot teach someone to control a football or cross it.
 we're top of the league and won every game so until we lose i wont  slate him to much as he aint costing us games.YET!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:55:31 »

do you not think his first touch has improved since last season Arriba?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:56:49 »

Quote from: "DV85"
do you not think his first touch has improved since last season Arriba?

not at all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 18:59:46 »

really?

I dont remember him failing to control the ball and the ball rolling off the pitch at all this season, where as it happened all the time last season.

I think there has been some improvement with his control.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 19:01:52 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
could quite easily have had a hat-trick today.

But he didn't because his first touch is piss poor and always takes the ball about 6 foot away from him.

Not one cross went to a Swindon player today. Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo comes to mind.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 19:05:20 »

no just rolling to an opposing player.same as always
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 19:51:59 »

i dont think he should be in the team, he played better than usual today but shouldnt be starting

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Papa Smurf

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 26, 2006, 19:56:07 »

Shakes is awful. It's simple really, he doesn't know what to do when the ball is at his feet.

I admit he works hard, but he doesn't have the basic skills required to be a professional footballer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: