Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club Badge  (Read 7521 times)
Parkin09

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:04:18 »

sorry if this is a little deep for a first post but this has been really bugging me

over the past few years quite a lot of clubs have reverted to using more "traditional" badges on there club shirt (Barnsley, Sunderland,Spurs..sort of, Chelsea etc)

anyway in my humble opinion our current badge is utter cack its early 90's bollocks and is in no-way related to any part of the town in anyway and looks shit

does anyone else feel the same way? probably not but i felt i needed to get my point across cant we have something a bit more in touch with what swindon is....... a railway town and have the town crest as our badge or at leats something a little better than a shit diamond

opinions?
Anthony
Northern Red

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:07:44 »

Are you old enough to know of our previous badge?

Most folk want to revert to the traditional club badge as used up to about 1990(?)

Weird to think that this is now 16 years ago  Shocked
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:09:15 »

Quote from: "Parkin09"
sorry if this is a little deep for a first post but this has been really bugging me

over the past few years quite a lot of clubs have reverted to using more "traditional" badgers on there club shirt (Barnsley, Sunderland,Spurs..sort of, Chelsea etc)

anyway in my humble opinion our current badge is utter cack its early 90's bollocks and is in no-way related to any part of the town in anyway and looks shit

does anyone else feel the same way? probably not but i felt i needed to get my point across cant we have something a bit more in touch with what swindon is....... a railway town and have the town crest as our badge or at leats something a little better than a shit diamond

opinions?
Anthony

I would imagine this could prove somewhat uncomfortable for the players....
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:13:03 »

Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:14:40 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Are you old enough to know of our previous badge?

Most folk want to revert to the traditional club badge as used up to about 1990(?)

Weird to think that this is now 16 years ago  Shocked

i do know of all our previous badges the worse possibly being the cack that is the big S & T arrow concoction
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:16:22 »

How's it going chief, welcome to the forum and all...

I think there’s quite a few that would agree with you perhaps with the exception of those that have inked it indefinitely upon themselves.

Mark Devlin spoke about the club badge at a fans forum quite a while back and said that there would be no plans to change the current design until or if we move to a new stadium.  The theory being that a new stadium will bring a new start, with a new image etc etc and that would be the right time to introduce a new club crest or badge.

mr ian

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:17:22 »

what swindon is....... a railway town

not any more
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:18:07 »

i dont see what is wrong with the current one tbh
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:18:53 »

Quote from: "mr ian"

not any more

what so the mechanics institue, the outlet village don't exist?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:19:42 »

I agree especially about the badgers!!

No I agree with this, the current emblem is a blot on the CG landscape.   I should imagine a re-brand of the STFC costs money, as it would with any other company so it's probably not on the agenda just yet.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:22:29 »

Agree with the sentiments as well but as Jan says, re bradning costs a small fortune.  Just imagine all the places a logo is currently placed.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:27:05 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Agree with the sentiments as well but as Jan says, re bradning costs a small fortune.  Just imagine all the places a logo is currently placed.

yeh i can understand this side of it but i believe its something the club should look into in the future
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:28:48 »

The club is clearly waiting until we move out of town before we rebrand the team name and logo, ala Franchise.
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:36:08 »

When did Franchise rebrand?

Jesus, they've only been around a week and they want to rebrand themselves? What are they, corporate franchise monkeys?

Smiley
mr ian

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2006, 12:39:18 »

Quote from: "Parkin09"
Quote from: "mr ian"

not any more

what so the mechanics institue, the outlet village don't exist?

its a shopping centre!!! a crap reject outlet.
and
we dont even have a train yard here anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: