Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving tests  (Read 10032 times)
kick_ass1987

« on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:16:28 »

I just failed mine, (it was my first one) but it was stupid.... i failed cos i didnt signal right on a roundabout, but the lane i was in was to only go right anyway.... so you shouldnt need to signal.... what a load of bollocks... if only i pushed that little lever up i would have a licence now Sad

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:21:19 »

if your turning right you signal right.
basics i'm afraid.
better luck next time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:32:46 »

To decrease traffic congestion only people who pass first time should be allowed to drive...

Only joking.  I'm sure that once you reach a standard which enables you to take a test it is down to luck on the day.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:45:45 »

Quote from: "kick_ass1987"
I just failed mine, (it was my first one) but it was stupid.... i failed cos i didnt signal right on a roundabout, but the lane i was in was to only go right anyway.... so you shouldnt need to signal.... what a load of bollocks... if only i pushed that little lever up i would have a licence now Sad

How would someone know if you were staying in that lane though?

I'm sure you'll pass second time around, put it down to good experience and a lesson learned. I'm sure Beckham didn't score his first ever free kick or Ronaldinho didn't pull off his first 'flip-flap' to the degree he can do now
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:48:24 »

I'm glad they didn't let you on the road. Peole who don't indicate piss me off almost as much as people who don't let me in from filter lanes coz they think i'm cheating... :x
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:53:20 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I'm glad they didn't let you on the road. People who don't indicate piss me off almost as much as people who don't let me in from filter lanes coz they think i'm cheating... :x

BMW & 4 x 4 drivers :wanker:
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:53:40 »

I nearly failed coz they asked me to turn left and I turned right instead, I also had left and right written on my hands  :|
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:55:25 »

I think the route that you are given tends to have quite an influence on the final result. I had the Wroughton test route, which meant I was driving around empty streets. If I had had to drive around the town centre for 40 minutes instead, going through one-way systems and the Magic Roundabout etc I would have been far more likely to fail.

Better luck next time.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 13:21:33 »

I failed on a simular thing 18 years ago.

Never tried again, I take failure pretty badly Cheesy

/
W56196272
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 14:15:55 »

congrats, i'm sure you'll get the keys to you midgets hurse (BMW 1-series) as soon as you pass, they dont even have indicator stalks, so you'll be ok.  :-))(

people not indicating does my fucking head in.

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 14:51:07 »

what minors/majors did you get kickass? its kind of the point with driving tests to be really pedantic, some of it is down to which instructor you get and how many passes he's given that month (they have quotas) so a bit of luck too.

i passed first time, but thought i had failed. for anyone living in oxford, the cowley centre has the lowest pass rate in the country so i'd go for another nearby
McLovin

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 15:04:40 »

I'm sure they don't have quotas.  If you're good enough, you pass. Simple.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 15:11:06 »

Quote from: "arriba"
if your turning right you signal right.
basics i'm afraid.
better luck next time

So, no other traffic, no pedestrians, still signal right?

Wrong!

Bad practice.  if you do it by autopilot it just becomes a habit and so doesn't prove that you have actually assessed the hazard properly.

That is one thing that is very bad about being 'taught to pass the test'.
STFC Village

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 17:28:36 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
i passed first time, but thought i had failed. for anyone living in oxford, the cowley centre has the lowest pass rate in the country so i'd go for another nearby
I passed first time there Wink
Dazzza

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 17:57:25 »

I've another mock test tomorrow so I fully expect to be 10 lessons behind once again come 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

Last time I took my mock I was flying.  Five lessons ahead and the old instructor said I had a natural affinity for driving.  Do I bollocks!   :twisted:

Something just clicked and I’ve gone incredibly crap and it’s taken an age to get to the same standard again.  No idea why though I don’t get nervous, enjoy driving but possibly get a bit pissed off when I make a mistake but nothing rash like that.

I must be getting close to a 1k in lessons now!    :evil:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: