Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39504 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 20:54:59 »

Lets face it we were heading for another epic season and after today's shocker its left us all negative but just consider that :

- we've lost our best player at a crucial time
- we've lost our best manager for years manager at a crucial time
- the clubs been sold at a crucial time
- the clubs been under umbongo twice and fucked about left right and centre by the FL (?)

Is McDonald's fault the clubs fucked up our season - not from what I've seen aside from today.

2 years ago the club was in a terrible state and now we are fighting for sucessive promotions. Are we ready for the championship ? I'd have to say even with PDC at the helm I think we would have struggled without serious investment. I'd rather go up and stay up.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 21:00:18 »

I know it's not always easy to guess how many there are in the crowd, but I'd say the 677 was far closer than the 300 odd

Apologies - this is what I get for listening to what Sky Sports have to say on lower league football!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 21:05:32 »

I'm not a 'PDC would of done better' but today was shit.

Did K Mac acknowledge the fans?

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 21:10:16 »

Lets face it we were heading for another epic season and after today's shocker its left us all negative but just consider that :

- we've lost our best player at a crucial time
- we've lost our best manager for years manager at a crucial time
- the clubs been sold at a crucial time
- the clubs been under umbongo twice and fucked about left right and centre by the FL (?)

Is McDonald's fault the clubs fucked up our season - not from what I've seen aside from today.

2 years ago the club was in a terrible state and now we are fighting for sucessive promotions. Are we ready for the championship ? I'd have to say even with PDC at the helm I think we would have struggled without serious investment. I'd rather go up and stay up.

As I said when MacDonald turned up, he'd need to be a miracle worker to get a promotion against that backdrop...and it appears he probably isn't, which is hardly a surprise...

As the Championship becomes more skewed by clubs with a sack of Prem parachute money...it seems that the best chance for a normal club, is that a couple of these may go into meltdown, like last season with Cov and Pompey. Donny avoided this and are now top....conversely Udders, Wendies and Addicks have struggled going the other way.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 1, 2013, 21:12:19 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 21:12:20 »

Good point Reg
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 22:07:28 »

Nope, not as far as I saw & I was one of the last out, never does though.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 22:39:25 »

I am
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 22:47:40 »

I am

Shit?

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 23:01:27 »

We'd have at least another 4 points on the board if we had Benson. FACT!
seen it mentioned before but if chelt go up automatically would benson be available for us in the playoffs and would kmac use him? Same with caddis- its not like they are players that dont know the team and reckon they could fit straight back in.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 23:08:52 »

I'd like to like KMac or whatever he's being called, and I'd like to like what he's doing. But we're not good enough to play 5 in midfield. Fuck that shit. Go 4-5-3 and hope nobody notices.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #415 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 23:26:21 »

I'd like to like KMac or whatever he's being called, and I'd like to like what he's doing. But we're not good enough to play 5 in midfield. Fuck that shit. Go 4-5-3 and hope nobody notices.

Erm, still 5 in that midfield
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 23:32:40 »

Erm, still 5 in that midfield
I think Ben's masterplan is to field 13 players and hope nobody notices
Seņor

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 23:55:41 »

Nope, not as far as I saw & I was one of the last out, never does though.

This annoys me just as much as the performance today, you don't have to be Di Canio to at least acknowledge the 600 odd fans who left at the crack of dawn and paid to see that pile of shite today. Hardly much effort to walk half the pitch and show some fucking appreciation.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 00:00:54 »

Also worth noting he who shan't be named would never ever set his team up to play for a point.
Yes
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 00:29:11 »

As many said at that the time, we really needed a manager to guide us, not change us. Someone who had been in similar situations, crossing the line, damage limitation. The appointment needed to suit the role and I'm not sure a bloke in his fifties with no real lower league or management experience was the right one. I know he hasn't had long but that's the point. That was the job. Continuity not change.

He's obviously had these ideas swimming around in his head for years, waiting patiently to put them into practice. But this was the wrong time and the wrong club.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 00:38:29 by bobby barnes jink » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: