Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44737 times)
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 21:51:21 »

What an excellent result.  Caught 10 mins of the second half in the car when it was 1-0 amd we had a few chances.  By the time I got into the house, went to the loo and put the radio on it was 3-0.  Really pleased to see us doing well on the road, seems like we've turned it round from last season.

Did Obika get injured during the game?

Surely,the moral of this story is.....don't keep your radio in the loo. Transfer it to the living-room...then, perhaps, you would have heard live coverage of the Reeeeeves goal.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 23:02:31 »

It's come to a fine pass when Reg is having to gee someone up. But I agree with the caution. Remember how last year's team came to grief on the bumpy winter pitches? Enjoy it while it lasts, and hope we've learned some lessons. Our current away form already suggests we've added some steel to our style.
And we've also seemed to have found a cutting edge that we never had for large parts of last season. Whilst we played a lot of pretty football last year there were far too many games where we just never looked like scoring - early days yet but the amount of chances we're creating and finishing this year is hugely encouraging.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 23:05:02 »

Great win today. Much like this time last year when we won 4 nil at Fatty Evans Rotherham. Couldn't have asked for a better start but long time till May

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 23:33:37 »

And we've also seemed to have found a cutting edge that we never had for large parts of last season. Whilst we played a lot of pretty football last year there were far too many games where we just never looked like scoring - early days yet but the amount of chances we're creating and finishing this year is hugely encouraging.

Do you think it helps having two up top?

Last year we kind of just had Ranger, then Smith. This year we have Smith, Willo and Obika looking dangerous at different times. I don't think its just that, but it helps.

Hope Obika;s arm isn't as screwed as we think.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #154 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 07:22:04 »

It sounds like we're going to be without Obika for several weeks.  Let's hope he turns out to be a quick healer.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 07:42:28 »

Do you think it helps having two up top?

Last year we kind of just had Ranger, then Smith. This year we have Smith, Willo and Obika looking dangerous at different times. I don't think its just that, but it helps.

Hope Obika;s arm isn't as screwed as we think.
For a short time Ranger, N'Guessan and Ajose as a front 3 looked as if it would do the business, but Ranger was Ranger, N'Guessan went off the boil completely and Ajose left. 3-5-2 seems more difficult for sides to counter than our 4-3-3 did. The most satisfying thing about results rolling in at the moment is that it is based on a clear method that is working. It's not luck. We keep the ball, move well off it, score good goals and sides seemingly tire against us when they press. I was very against Cooper's appointment but my God he's changed my mind. We're incredibly lucky to have him and Luke Williams.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 07:51:22 »

Anyone know how Bath RFC got on?
 Girl Giggle
Lost 31-24 to Northampton I believe.

Oops! Whooshed too I believe.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 07:53:31 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 08:38:08 »

Looking at Barnsley's twitter, it seems as though their 'keeper got MOM.

Stands to reason, I guess.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 09:23:58 »

Great day yesterday - I went to watch Larkhall Athletic v Gosport Borough in the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup - Gosport 2 leagues higher - Larkhall came from 0-2 down to draw 3-3 - cracking game. Check halftimes from Barnsley which was 0-0 - great end result. This team including Cooper are becoming a pretty good side - desire to compete and to win is the key - we have that at the moment and a fair bit of skill......long may it continue. 

Bathtime
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 09:57:39 »

It sounds like we're going to be without Obika for several weeks.  Let's hope he turns out to be a quick healer.

Without wishing to bring down doom upon ourselves, I think we've got a 'pretty ok' straight replacement in Williams, and with some youngsters, Gladwin soon back in the side, and the powerhouse of a midfield we've got at the moment, we could probably even play one up top with a midfielder in the hole if needs demand - Gladwin excelled in this kind of role I seem to remember last season, but someone like Luongo or Louis would, I'm sure, be just as good. (ducks objects thrown at the merest hint of playing one up top)

The best thing about this team at the moment? Everyone has remembered how to score. There are goals throughout the team, threats from all sorts of places, and the loss of one player isn't going to doom our season.

Well, yet.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 10:32:04 »

Shit first half....Barnsley just harried us in midfield only to give the ball away and then nip at us again.....this went on for the whole half.

They were there for the taking and we did just that in the second half as its difficult to run around shutting players down for 90 odd minutes.

For me it was Thompsons driving run and shot that was pushed around the post which seemed to step us up a gear because to that point we were taking too many touches on the edge of their box.....and missing opps to shoot. Smith guilty of a couple.

Williams is better but needs to stop bleating every time he gets a hard tackle.....will he ever change?

Should of been more in the end as we handed them their arse on a plate.

Byrne is like a new signing....fucking brilliant yesterday although they were poor.

Obika injury is a blow....I lumped a tenner on a hatrick yesterday and I reckon he could of got it as well...50:1.

Wilsons dug out was showered with shit as the stand behind him emptied....burgers, pie wrappers, plastic bottles...the lot.

I really hope we smash the fuck out of Orient next week.....

Clems Army!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #161 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 12:08:07 »

Without wishing to bring down doom upon ourselves, I think we've got a 'pretty ok' straight replacement in Williams, and with some youngsters, Gladwin soon back in the side, and the powerhouse of a midfield we've got at the moment, we could probably even play one up top with a midfielder in the hole if needs demand - Gladwin excelled in this kind of role I seem to remember last season, but someone like Luongo or Louis would, I'm sure, be just as good. (ducks objects thrown at the merest hint of playing one up top)

The best thing about this team at the moment? Everyone has remembered how to score. There are goals throughout the team, threats from all sorts of places, and the loss of one player isn't going to doom our season.

Well, yet.

I hadn't intended to go all 'Smeeton-esque' with my post.   Smiley   Just disappointed that, having at long last found someone who feeds off scraps in the box, he picks up what sounds like a long-term injury.  I'm sure you're right that we have the ability to adjust the set-up until he gets back.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 12:28:26 »

I hadn't intended to go all 'Smeeton-esque' with my post.   Smiley   Just disappointed that, having at long last found someone who feeds off scraps in the box, he picks up what sounds like a long-term injury.  I'm sure you're right that we have the ability to adjust the set-up until he gets back.

Oh I wasn't suggesting you'd gone all Smeeton, just pointing out we've got some rather good backup.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 13:28:33 »

Goals here -
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 13:40:53 »

Goals here -

Cheers for posting.
At least it showed our other chances.

Like the sound of Reeeeeves after the second.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: