Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73842 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 06:34:26 »

Definitely but, the way things are going, I'd be gutted for him if he stayed - if you know what I mean.   Crying

Absolutely get it, he's too good not to be at a top league 1 team/playing in the Championship.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 06:37:16 »

Fuck it, I can't and won't trust anyone on the board until they earn it.  it's just a 'jobs for the boys' asset stripping exercise as far as I'm concerned.

Surely the board would have to accept bids for players if this was to be the case?

If we can get 400k ish for him I say sell him. Look at where it got Ben Tozer and Leigh Mills!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:13:20 »

Let me get this right then.....

We sell a player/let players go = ASSET STRIPPING

We refuse bids for a player = ASSET STRIPPING

Fucking outstanding logic
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:20:25 »

I may have been a little drunk, tired, and emotional...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:22:46 »

Let me get this right then.....

We sell a player/let players go = ASSET STRIPPING

We refuse bids for a player = ASSET STRIPPING

Fucking outstanding logic

Well they're clearly holding out for more money where Flint is concerned. But you can be sure he will be sold, along with several others.

If you think the garden is rosy I'd love to live in your world.

This board has taken us straight back to Diamandis territory and we are in big trouble..
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:26:35 »

Im not 100 percent convinced we are back in Diamandis territory or that the club owners are asset strippers. But certainly cost cutting and working on a lower budget is due to the lack of money they have to invest.

It is going to be a tough season for sure but we have all been here before and we will support the team through good and bad as always. Lets hope Kevin MacDonald can assemble a squad that can compete and keep us up - solidity is now the success for this next season

I used to be Fatbury
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:29:05 »

I am.
If anything this lot are worse.

Orange hats aren't going to touch the sides with these lunatics
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:29:29 »

Well they're clearly holding out for more money where Flint is concerned. But you can be sure he will be sold, along with several others.

A 'logic' which all falls apart when you take into account they didn't trigger the clause in Ferry's contract to hold out for a fee.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:34:21 »

Im not 100 percent convinced we are back in Diamandis territory or that the club owners are asset strippers. But certainly cost cutting and working on a lower budget is due to the lack of money they have to invest.

Agreed. Inexperienced, not minted, awful at PR - yes. Doesn't necessarily mean they are crooks. I am uneasy with the situation but until more hard facts come to light calls for them to be ousted are premature in my opinion.

We can be quite spoiled as a fanbase and have no divine right to expect someone to come in and stump up the cash to keep all our favourite players and buy our way to competitiveness.

As Yeovil and the like have proved you can do well without spending the Earth but it would be short-sighted to think that adjustment can be made successfully overnight (or in one off-season).

However long Jed and co are here, a move towards running costs that align closer to the club's income is a positive for the long term financial health of the club.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:35:42 »

I've not seen anything yet that suggests asset-stripping or dodgy behaviour.

My perception all along has been that they are a bunch of chancers with very limited commercial know-how who are up for having a fun time running a football club.
When they took over they spouted a load of aspirations that are either unrealistic or they have no clue how to deliver and so are reacting to this in attempts to stop it spiralling out of control.

I have no knowledge of the real situation but all I've seen has reinforced this perception.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:42:54 »

A 'logic' which all falls apart when you take into account they didn't trigger the clause in Ferry's contract to hold out for a fee.

That's because we'd already had bids from Bristol City.. Whereas we'd had nothing concrete for Ferry, so they didn't take the risk.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:43:25 »

Ferry was due to get a rise if they activated his extra year, that was the difference with the two I guess.  If it was more than he was likely to get at any other league 1 club he could have just refused to agree a contract from a club offering to buy. That would have left us paying high wages for a year with still no chance of recouping and fee.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:46:23 »

That's because we'd already had bids from Bristol City.. Whereas we'd had nothing concrete for Ferry, so they didn't take the risk.

yet they'd take the risk of rejecting bids for flint. what if no further bids come in?
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:49:09 »

yet they'd take the risk of rejecting bids for flint. what if no further bids come in?

Because his salary is a lot less than Ferry's
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 07:49:17 »

We can be quite spoiled as a fanbase and have no divine right to expect someone to come in and stump up the cash to keep all our favourite players and buy our way to competitiveness.

that's exactly what is happening.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: