Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 72320 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:37:01 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/staff-changes-828739.aspx

The club are seeking 5 volunteers at the club to take redundancy.  The fun starts now I guess...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:37:39 »

Goodbye Curly...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:38:21 »

Absolute joke.
How many board members do we currently have? Get rid of one of them and that's probably the equivalent of one "normal" staff member. Problem solved.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:41:55 »

5 you say? OK, Jed, Callum "Gigs" Rice, Steve "Punchy" Murrall and "Who?" Hooper that makes four. And cancel the leases on their cars for the 5th plus a nice cash surplus. Job done.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:43:13 »

5 you say? OK, Jed, Callum "Gigs" Rice, Steve "Punchy" Murrall and "Who?" Hooper that makes four. And cancel the leases on their cars for the 5th plus a nice cash surplus. Job done.
don't be silly, they saved the club.
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:44:24 »

Good thinking, we could have a buyout bidding war from the plethora of interested parties who are all loaded.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:45:07 »

I've heard rice has lined up the thing things (ting ting tribute) and simply dread (feat pliers, from Chaka demus and pliers) to play gigs this summer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:45:20 »

My mistake. Obviously I would willingly donate my liver and those of my two children for sale to medical science to ensure our enlightened and far-sighted board can drive around in the air-conditioned comfort they so richly deserve for the next however many years.
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:45:36 »

But who is going to save us from them!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:46:06 »

Absolute joke.
How many board members do we currently have?

It seems to vary, according to the alignment of the planets.

TBF, you cannot downsize the club, without casualties.

The concern is can this be achieved within a timescale that will see us avoid the A word. Clearly there's a long way to go yet, but we do still seem to have a lawn mower, which we've previously had repossessed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:48:50 »

My mistake. Obviously I would willingly donate my liver and those of my two children for sale to medical science to ensure our enlightened and far-sighted board can drive around in the air-conditioned comfort they so richly deserve for the next however many years.
It would be churlish to not show a little appreciation for their efforts, if this comes in the form of leased luxury cars then surely we can put up with the loss of a video analyst or ticket office employee to cover the more important costs. After all, our ticket sales will no doubt be well down on recent years so we can likely afford to cut back on ticket office staff.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:51:37 »

It would be churlish to not show a little appreciation for their efforts, if this comes in the form of leased luxury cars then surely we can put up with the loss of a video analyst or ticket office employee to cover the more important costs. After all, our ticket sales will no doubt be well down on recent years so we can likely afford to cut back on ticket office staff.

I don't know why the likes of TAH, Cox and Benson can't be redeployed to sell tickets etc.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:54:02 »

As I understand it, up until JedCo took over, Watkins was the only salaried board member. IIRC he was paid around £120,000 as shown on the last accounts. The other directors (Wray, Backhouse etc.) claimed expenses but these only amounted to a few thousand.

Now we've got JedCo and his mates all reputedly taking salaries of £50k+ and company cars, plus untold other people (Power) probably taking consultancy fees. And to pay for this, other staff have to make way.

Jobs for the boys, indeed.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:55:51 »

I don't know why the likes of TAH, Cox and Benson can't be redeployed to sell tickets etc.

They may need to. Both Jock (Dave) and Brian have both retired already, so it's 5 volunteers on top of these two.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 20, 2013, 12:56:56 »

5 non-playing staff members you say?

Well, TAH can probably come under that so let's hope he steps forwards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: